Ask Cyanogen

Guest chunga

Guest Andy__P
Now that Liquid is popular at xda, how about making a 'cyanogen acer liquid' fund and ask him politely if he minds to make us a custom rom?

Why? We have awesome devs here too. If another dev wants to build liquid roms he'll do it anyway.

Guest liquid_it
Now that Liquid is popular at xda, how about making a 'cyanogen acer liquid' fund and ask him politely if he minds to make us a custom rom?

I don't really agree.

I am excited about Liquid popularity, about having it in xda forums, etc..

But I do think we should focus in making the community grow up, in sharing code and infos, and supporting every dev who wants to hack our device. cyanogen is for shure a great developer, very skilled, but here we have 4-5 devs working hard (and doing a good job, to me), and their work, eventually supported by whoever from xda community will put interest on Liquid, will cook nothing but the best you can have from our device..

I'd like to have a much more solid and indipendent community, more than a single mega-skilled dev. (and imho there's no mega-skilled dev without a good community support)

By the way, if cyanogen wants to switch to Liquid, he's welcome! :) B) :D

I know he maybe never dev for liquid. But who knows?

busy life and he still supports his old cyanogen mod AND nexus one. doubt he'll take the time even if u gave him a bunch of liquid