T-Mobile Complete Tariff Changes come in on 1st Feb - help please?

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Hi all.

On Monday 1st February 2010, T-mobile will be totally overhauling or changing their Tariffs and Price Plans.

One thing supposedly already wholly confirmed is that they will be scrapping 12 month tariffs altogether.

But I have a dilemma...

I am due an upgrade already, and want the Nokia E72 (it's not showing as on their website, but take it from me, not only is it in stock, it has been in stock, went out of stock, and came back in to stock, so Retentions Dept CAN do an E72 issue, but NOT on Web Based Tariff matches, as they can't allocate that handset to the bundle).

Having spoke to Retentions three times already now however though, they keep advising me to wait until Monday, and all the new Tariffs (rumour has it Flext is scrapped altogether too!!!), as the new tariffs will be better for me (???)

I have also heard however, from staff who do not want to give to much away, that the new tariffs will supposedly:

• Be more mindful of the fact that monthly costs have dropped over the years, so will offer more, for less monthly fee (think £20 and £35 tariffs here instead of £30 and £35 maybe)
  • Will come with Internet included, DEPENDING on the nature and type of handset you get (???)
  • Will 'reward' you at next upgrade time, based on the amount of your allowance you have actually 'used', so those on a LOWER package, using most of their minutes up, will benefit more than people like me, on a £50 a month tariff that uses hardly any of it, but stays on it to get free premium handsets at upgrade (if true, this is warped logic indeed).

If I wait until Monday to see what they have on offer, as it will then mean I will NOT be able to move to a Combi Tariif from my current Flext one, I am worried about this, in case the new tariffs are NOT better for me at all.

So can anyone with any insider knowledge, add any useful info to this post...? You can give vague info if it might get you in trouble, but I just find it really awkward that I am forced between GUESSING what the new tariffs might involve, and waiting for them, only to then miss out on the current Combi options by then as it will be too late - they will be scrapped. My Flext 'should' be ok, as they have said staying on an existing tariff is possible, But if a Combi tariff as it stands now would be better for me, it would be too late then, as it would be scrapped.

Any ideas or advice anyone? This particular tariff I have (as I have the big £50 one too) is actually a £35 a month one, for which I currently get the 25% discount off each month on top of that, making it around £26.54 per month that I actually pay, for a Flext 30+Wnw bundle.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Guest tsutton

I received these details from T-Mobile, but without saying too much info until Monday, it does mention that Flext AND Combi is being "replaced" to a new plan name with new & exciting price plans. No mention if you can keep it if you stay where you are.

There are also some new "Boosters" where you can use it as "add on" to your monthly plans and can change it once every month to suit your needs.

Sorry for being too vague! B) But keep your eyes out for the front page news somewhen on 31st Jan at 11pm (UK time) or so. :)

Guest shadamehr
I received these details from T-Mobile, but without saying too much info until Monday, it does mention that Flext AND Combi is being "replaced" to a new plan name with new & exciting price plans. No mention if you can keep it if you stay where you are.

There are also some new "Boosters" where you can use it as "add on" to your monthly plans and can change it once every month to suit your needs.

Sorry for being too vague! B) But keep your eyes out for the front page news somewhen on 31st Jan at 11pm (UK time) or so. :)

Tony,

I know you can't say too much in advance, but given the huge dilemma I have above, can you answer me this...

Having all the info on the new Tariffs in front of you, do you think I will BENEFIT more from one of the new tariffs, or is my existing tariff better?

To clarify, the tariff (that my son uses), is Flext 30 + WnW - of which he makes a few calls, sends quite a few texts, and uses the internet. He get's it at 35% off, so around £26.54, but Retentions seemed to think they'd be able to incorporate some discount perhaps into a new price plan. He also gets Free Family Texts, Calls and SMS due to me having the family booster, but a tariff change will have no effect on this aspect anyhow to be fair, it would still stay as is.

So is there something in front of you that makes you think there will be a BETTER new tariff for him...? Utilising some voice allowance, plenty text, and also the internet, for around £25 to £30 a month...?

Please let me know that alone, if you can mate..?

Guest shadamehr
You'll have to wait until just before 12am this Sunday, sorry! :)

Ah that's true professionalism for sure Tony mate.

Well at least you didn't let me down using big fonts and red letters - you were polite about it anyway.

Ah the anticipation mounts!

Cheers anyway Tony - very professional for sure!