1x1 Compose Email Widget?

Guest JadeMonkee

Guest JadeMonkee

Hi there,

I like that the HTC Mail widget has a compose button on it, but am sick of having to dedicate a whole screen to emails (I only use that email address for outgoing mail, so don't need a preview of my inbox).

Does anyone know of a small (1x1) widget that, when clicked, will open a new email from the default HTC email account, similar to what the "pen" button does on the HTC Mail widget?

I don't mind if this means swapping mail clients (I have no attachment to the HTC mail program).

I have done several Google searches, but couldn't find anything, and even looked into K-9 mail briefly, but couldn't find anything compatible with that, either. I also gave "AnyCut" a go, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work, either.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Cheers!

Guest byakkotai
Hi there,

I like that the HTC Mail widget has a compose button on it, but am sick of having to dedicate a whole screen to emails (I only use that email address for outgoing mail, so don't need a preview of my inbox).

Does anyone know of a small (1x1) widget that, when clicked, will open a new email from the default HTC email account, similar to what the "pen" button does on the HTC Mail widget?

I don't mind if this means swapping mail clients (I have no attachment to the HTC mail program).

I have done several Google searches, but couldn't find anything, and even looked into K-9 mail briefly, but couldn't find anything compatible with that, either. I also gave "AnyCut" a go, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work, either.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Cheers!

Try AnyCut or BetterCut.

Guest JadeMonkee
Try AnyCut or BetterCut.

I did, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I was at work when I tried, so didn't dedicate the time to learn how to use it.

I shall look into it now. Thank you.

Guest maxtheheathen
I did, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I was at work when I tried, so didn't dedicate the time to learn how to use it.

I shall look into it now. Thank you.

I use BetterCut to make a URL shortcut ala "mailto:[email protected]" so i can send myself e-mails as a notepad. You can make shortcuts this way to e-mail individuals, or just "mailto:" to leave the send to field blank.

Guest maxtheheathen
I use BetterCut to make a URL shortcut ala "mailto:[email protected]" so i can send myself e-mails as a notepad. You can make shortcuts this way to e-mail individuals, or just "mailto:" to leave the send to field blank.

Oh, just figured out you don't need bettercut to make the e-mail yourself shortcut, but you do need it to do the blank mailto: link, and to assign a custom name and icon to the shortcut.

you can just do

Add

Shortcut

Person

then yourself or whoever

default action e-mail.

Guest JadeMonkee
Oh, just figured out you don't need bettercut to make the e-mail yourself shortcut, but you do need it to do the blank mailto: link, and to assign a custom name and icon to the shortcut.

you can just do

Add

Shortcut

Person

then yourself or whoever

default action e-mail.

Heh. Good thinking, thank you. That shall do wonderfully.