Acer Liquid Kernel Source - Here it is

Guest chingy1788

Dolphin requires ether 2.0 and up, or Lucke's multitouch mod that Cyanogen uses for his 1.5 and 1.6 builds.

then is a question of driver.. would be nice to port different touch driver on liquid and enable multitouch!! i'm not expert but i think,for genius like maxisma and behnaam,isn't impossibile!!

Guest MrVanes

Am I the only one that prefers battery life over speed? I'd _love_ to see a 2.0 or 2.1 ROM released but seriously would hesitate if it ran (fixed) at 1G! Doesn't the snapdragon support speedstep? :)

Am I the only one that prefers battery life over speed? I'd _love_ to see a 2.0 or 2.1 ROM released but seriously would hesitate if it ran (fixed) at 1G! Doesn't the snapdragon support speedstep? :)

me too!! at actual frequency is very fast,i think multitouch would be 10000times better!! on browser multitouch is useful

multitouch is funny but there's cons, android framework has stepped zoom, not so smooth like the iphone and also you always need another hand.

overclock=win

Guest Fabio Parri

Anyone could check what Wifi/Bluetooth chip the Liquid is using, in the sources? I'm curious to know if it's one of those who can handle FM Radio, too :)

Guest amdnikos
compiling now :)

tell me you compiling an absolute stock rom just rooted and 1gh capable!!!its not gonna get lot time or at least thats i am thinking B)

Edited by amdnikos

Guest drigerott

with 1GHz CPU we would all be so happy...you can still return back to 768mhz with setcpu B) it's so easy

for multitouch: 1.6 DOESN'T SUPPORT IT...........only eclair support multitouch...

Guest Uberadri

w00t, kernel is finally out! Good luck to all devs, I'm hoping you nice guys can realize some of the stuff we are hoping for. :)

Anyone could check what Wifi/Bluetooth chip the Liquid is using, in the sources? I'm curious to know if it's one of those who can handle FM Radio, too B)

That would be awesome!

Guest AcerDroid
Sorry for my ignorance, but you can compile the kernel with support for the JIT?

I agree on this!

Dalvik JIT, 1GHz, 2.1 eclair and multitouch is a MUST!!!!!!

I agree on this!

Dalvik JIT, 1GHz, 2.1 eclair and multitouch is a MUST!!!!!!

Multitouch is so damn overrated. I dont understand why you ppl are so fixated with it. and yes you can have MT with 1.6. i use my phone with 1 hand like im sure most ppl do which makes mt useless.

Multitouch is so damn overrated. I dont understand why you ppl are so fixated with it.

Amen! I don't get either. 98% of the time I use only thumb to use the phone (excl. typing on keyboard ofc).

Guest AcerDroid
Multitouch is so damn overrated. I dont understand why you ppl are so fixated with it. and yes you can have MT with 1.6. i use my phone with 1 hand like im sure most ppl do which makes mt useless.

I could help you understand why.. I really doesnt mean on the pitch and zoom only just like on Apple's. I use to SMS or type on my Liquid on landscape and at a time my two fingers touched the screen (i type so fast), the midpoint of it will be generated instead which really sucks.

I am also a game developer so developing a game that is designed to work for only thumb would kill the joy of the game.

Edited by AcerDroid

It supports and uses frequency scaling. So, it's 245MHz when idle (when screen is off it's always 245), and 384-768MHz when you put some stress on the CPU. Nexus One works exactly same.

So, enabling 1GHz doesn't take up battery _that_ much.

Guest AcerDroid
It supports and uses frequency scaling. So, it's 245MHz when idle (when screen is off it's always 245), and 384-768MHz when you put some stress on the CPU. Nexus One works exactly same.

So, enabling 1GHz doesn't take up battery _that_ much.

I agree. Enabling 1GHz doesn't actually uses that frequency "always" so having it on would could be a win.

Guest Fabio Parri

Great News! I did really hope that. Now let's hope the efforts to develop a working driver and application to listen to FM radio contribute to what we all are hoping for... FM radio on the Liquid :)

Guest liquid_it

grrrr.. I managed to compile my so-long-waited tun.ko, but get-a-robot-vpnc has a bug on Liquid, and on hero, that won't make it work..

by the way fm chip is a good news, if confirmed...

I dont understand why you ppl are so fixated with it.

It's a cool word "multitouch" B) :D

with a car battery to feed the beast :)

LOL, confortable and pratical B)

Guest drigerott
with a car battery to feed the beast B)

the CPU doesn't always run at maximum speed but only when you need....like for the milestone from 600mhz to 1 GHz without increasing battery usage

:) W acer liquid

Guest chingy1788

I wouldn't go past 1GHz really

the chip is rated to run at 1GHz

so going to 1.3GHz is actually overclocking

and in confined spaced... overclocking isnt really chip friendly