Battery life on Hero ROMs

Guest jpool

There are a lot of posts about battery life on some of the ROMs for the Hero, and I just thought I'd share my experience.

From what I have seen battery life has not been that great on some of the ROMs I have tried. These include, KaguDroid (All versions) and AOSP 2.1 all revisions. From a full charge, left overnight the battery would drop to 65% about 8-9 hours later.

In each case I used TasKiller to ensure no running apps and turned off all the Power Control settings. I even turned off all data connectivity.

I have recently used AOSP 2.0.1 r6 which I find to be great. The best I have used. And from a full charge left overnight, by the morning my battery was still at 100% :)

I love the work jnwhiteh is doing and can't wait for future updates.

Of course many people may experience different things, but this is just what I have seen.

Guest gk141054

I have noticed a big improvement in battery life since I ditched the battery status widget from my home screens.

I also run my screen on a low brightness setting as opposed to automatic brightness setting which is unnecessarily bright.

I assume you have turned off Wi-Fi when not in use, turned off background data / selected to use 2g data only when possible?

Yep, I had done all those.

I can only assume that for some reason the phone wasn't going into sleep mode properly so the battery was always being drained. I will continue to monitor and see how it goes.