VT100 capable Vista cmd shell?

Guest stevenz

Guest stevenz

The standard command shell in Vista can't handle the output of the current busybox and displays all the control characters, is there a replacement shell around that can handle the VTxxx characters well enough that I can actually use nano via adb?

Yes I know Vista is a dog, but on my work PC I don't have a lot of option.

Guest paaland
The standard command shell in Vista can't handle the output of the current busybox and displays all the control characters, is there a replacement shell around that can handle the VTxxx characters well enough that I can actually use nano via adb?

I've been looking for this as well. But I've more or less given up to find something to be used via ADB shell. I started making something myself, but interpreting all those ANSI codes proved a bit too much work :)

I find the easiest is to install SSH server on the HERO and SSH in via putty or similar. Most SSH clients support ANSI escape characters.

Guest pulsar256

Try cygwin + mintty:

post-635813-1264956594_thumb.png