Build from source, kernel/aosp

Guest pajn

Humm, at least something new had happen, I managed to be stuck in acer boot logo!! Is there a way to remove the logo and see whats happening in the background??

Thanks blc for the kernel header hint, I really let that pass! I have noticed that pauls superboot had 2048 extra header before kernel, but thought it was placed there by mkbootimg...

Edited by disc0

Thx for the link.

Coul you explain a lil bit more plz ?

Open compiled zImage and kernel from superboot or stock boot.img in hex editor and you'll see the difference. Stock kernel has header that is bunch of 00's. It goes from 0x000 to around 0x800, but zImage doesn't have this.

I'm not at home right now so I can't show you example sorry :)

Ok, so this is what I get so far..

Compilled the new kernel, added an extra padding page (2048 bytes of 00) in the init of the file, made the boot img and edit the boot-img header to remove 0x800 (2048) bytes from the kernel size and flashed to the phone..

Now instead of going directly to the fastboot i get stuch on acer logo, witch means its booting from the new kernel.. The problem is the damm logo in front, I need to see whats going in the background, and need to get rid of the logo.. Need to search if there is a way...

Edited by disc0

Ok, so this is what I get so far..

Compilled the new kernel, added an extra padding page (2048 bytes of 00) in the init of the file, made the boot img and edit the boot-img header to remove 0x800 (2048) bytes from the kernel size and flashed to the phone..

Now instead of going directly to the fastboot i get stuch on acer logo, witch means its booting from the new kernel.. The problem is the damm logo in front, I need to see whats going in the background, and need to get rid of the logo.. Need to search if there is a way...

Does fastboot accept it if you just do "fastboot -i 0x0502 boot <yourimg.img>" ?

Does fastboot accept it if you just do "fastboot -i 0x0502 boot <yourimg.img>" ?

No, maybe because the hash calculated..

Fastboot just sends the boot.img to the phone, and bootloader verifies it!

Acer made some changes to boot only from certain kinds of boot.img..

Four our good, flash acepts all, or we would be really really screwed..

At least know I understand how that stupid boot.img works, lost all last night reading tons of source code, but with all the sleep I had could'nt get it.. Today finally I figured it out!

Edited by disc0

No, maybe because the hash calculated..

Fastboot just sends the boot.img to the phone, and bootloader verifies it!

Acer made some changes to boot only from certain kinds of boot.img..

Four our good, flash acepts all, or we would be really really screwed..

At least know I understand how that stupid boot.img works, lost all last night reading tons of source code, but with all the sleep I had could'nt get it.. Today finally I figured it out!

Yep, but my guess is that if you're not getting the verification from bootloader, it's not going to work in flashed either. I flashed one dvt build without bootloader verification and ended up in Acer logo bootloop. So, when we figure how to go pack kernel properly, I think we will get some real progress here.

I hope Paul can shed some light here as he obviously knows the area we are talking about B)

Think I got why acer bootloader don't acept the boot.img..

I'll post somethint soon...

Good! Interested to hear about your findings... :)

Edited by blc

the trouble is in the sha hash, I already fixed mkbootimg to write the correct kernel size, now I'm trying to figure out how acer made the check.. Paul shoul have discovered because he made a working boot.img.. I'm testing different combinations and see what happens..

But now need to get some dinner..

EDIT:

@blc,

yes, flashing and booting works fine even if boot only don't..

BRB..

EDIT2:

Ok, its confirmed, acer made some tweeks in the verification of the boot.img when using "fastboot boot", but not in flash..

In the meanwhile, I rebuild the mkbootimg and now can be used to flash successfully any boot.img to the liquid..

Now it trims all zeros before and after the kernel, informs the correct kernel size in the header, and adds the extra 2048 bytes after the header..

It cannot only be used to boot directly until someone finds what acer did to the bootloader.. I think that Paul knows because his superboot.img works fine, so, lets help he can tell as what it is...

If someone wants it I can post it somewhere to download.. (only for linux86)

Edited by disc0

I renamed it acermkbootimg. Don't forget to edit repack-bootimg.pl, or change the name back to the original..

I have no idea if this will help, but there was talk about repacking boot.img in this thread (...)

I based my research in that topic hehe..

BTW: the "--base" flag is ussless, dosn't do nothing, like in behnaam's mkbootimg (I think), so don't need to be passed...

Download file

Edited by disc0

Guest maxisma
I renamed it acermkbootimg. Don't forget to edit repack-bootimg.pl, or change the name back to the original..

I based my research in that topic hehe..

BTW: the "--base" flag is ussless, dosn't do nothing, like in behnaam's mkbootimg (I think), so don't need to be passed...

Download file

Thanks, good job, will try it with my Kernel now..

Edit: No luck.. doesnt boot

Edited by maxisma

Thanks, good job, will try it with my Kernel now..

Edit: No luck.. doesnt boot

I tried too with no luck.. We need proper .config file.. Tomorrow I'll try to play a little with it and see what happens, I'm gonna take the day to rest a little..

We need a way to check console/logs. Could be really helpfull to see what append exactly.

For now, i'm out for somes days, problems IRL. Good Luck

I would like to see them too :\ Maybe with the so enginnering spl we could have them ??

I mailed acer about the PVT. The will not release it.

Dear rasmus eneman,

Thank you for contacting Acer UK. I’ll be happy to assist you…

Regarding the issue you have informed about the release of kernel source code ,further the PVT defcont not being released . Further request to call our Acer Technical support Line as they might help you further .

For further support please e-mail or Call our Acer Premium Support Line on 0906 706 8000.Call costs 50p per minute.

We appreciate your interest for sending us e-mail and will be glad to assist you further to the extent possible.

Respectfully,

Acer UK

Online Technical Support

I mailed acer about the PVT. The will not release it.

so does this mean , no custom rom, no 1ghz for acer???

or is there another way

if that is the case i will not buy any more acer prodcut.. since they mostly suck anyways

so does this mean , no custom rom, no 1ghz for acer???

or is there another way

if that is the case i will not buy any more acer prodcut.. since they mostly suck anyways

me too,fucker acer

hope there will be a solution..