Build from source, kernel/aosp

Guest pajn

C:\liquid>fastboot -i 0x0502 boot plopp

downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY

booting... OKAY

But the phone freeze on "Booting Linux..." :)

Tried and try some options to disable the Acer boot logo.

which option used to compile and run kernel?

Here's the last .config i used :

http://shoobee.eu/upp/download.php?file=946config.zip

The phone doesn't freeze, now it just always rebooting if you flash the boot.img.

If i try to just boot it, it boots (no invalid image message) but not with the new kernel.3

PS : Remember to thanks disc0 for his mkbootimg.

Edited by vache

I discovered that the problem in the boot.img is not that freakin hash, is that stupid ramdisk created with that repack perl script..

I used the ramdisk that paul used and re-created the boot.img with it, and it worked fine.

Now. need to figure out why pauls ramdisk works different from others :\

Edited by disc0

You meaned that you booted it ?

booted the old kernel (no the new) with paul's extracted ramds.cpio.gz, without recreating it..

EDIT:

Ok,

-rw-r--r-- 1 joao joao  192864 2010-02-02 15:11 new-ramdisk.cpio.gz

-rw-r--r-- 1 joao joao  192512 2010-02-02 14:56 paul-ramdisk.cpio.gz

There is more 352 bytes in the repacked ramdisk, without changinc a bit, maybe thats the problem!

Edited by disc0

Well, it should work with "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash:raw boot zImage paul-ramdisk.cpio.gz" right ?

Yes, it flashes fine...

EDIT: But it works too with the repacked ramdisk

Edited by disc0

Yes, it flashes fine...

EDIT: But it works too with the repacked ramdisk

you use zImage - which built from sources?

or from stock boot.img?

Edited by solarw

you use zImage - which built from sources?

or from stock boot.img?

Stock of corse .. But if you unpack paul's superboot

and issue

./acermkbootimg --cmdline 'no_console_suspend=1 console=null' --kernel zImage --ramdisk paul-ramdisk.cpio.gz -o boot.img
and
fastboot-linux -i 0x0502 boot boot.img

it will work to test the new kernel without flashing it, at least...

Edited by disc0

Guest CedricGatay

a rapid though, not tested because I can't, what's the effect of replacing console=null with console=/dev/tty[HS0|HS1|MSM2] which are present in my actual device (1.008_EMEA) ?

a rapid though, not tested because I can't, what's the effect of replacing console=null with console=/dev/tty[HS0|HS1|MSM2] which are present in my actual device (1.008_EMEA) ?

I already tried HS0 and didn't work, but I may try the others

Guest CedricGatay
I already tried HS0 and didn't work, but I may try the others

You see what I want to try, check if we could have a console output instead of this acer logo....

You see what I want to try, check if we could have a console output instead of this acer logo....

We cannot ever get rid of the first logo, the black one with only acer written because its caused by the bootloader.. What we could, if we find a way, is get rid of the second logo, the one with acer and the green droids.. But I no success so far with the working kernel...

BTW, the other consoles didn't work too.

Edited by disc0

We cannot ever get rid of the first logo, the black one with only acer written because its caused by the bootloader.. What we could, if we find a way, is get rid of the second logo, the one with acer and the green droids.. But I no success so far with the working kernel...

BTW, the other consoles didn't work too.

i has manualy built kernel, it's loading but phone rebooting at acer logo.

ok thanks for the explanation. Self compiled kernel does boot or are we still stuck at the acer logo ?

stuck on logo, but I figured out something funny.. Compiled again the kernel with dvt setting without changing a bit and tried to boot (without flashing) and it said the boot.img was invalid, and my prior config let me at least try to boot (and then stuck at logo)...

EDIT:

Hum,...

Deleted the logo file in the ramdisk and repacked it, and the new ramdisk was bootable with the working kernel, and now I see a ugly Android (like in the emulator) on boot process.

Tried with zImage but it don't even passes the bootloader stage (keeps rebooting), with this bootloader we would not have a report of whats going on with the kernel...

BTW the image was bootable because the ramdisk was smaller, so, can someone tell me how Paul repacked the same cpio.gz content in less space and worked at boot??

Edited by disc0

The best way is to ask him =)

I already did other questions and he didn't answered me :\..

mm great works men! seem that we are at good point,right? when all done you will receive a little donation!

hehe, hope we can at least make a working boot img..

I already got some output from the new/old/whatever kernel but it reboots so fast that I cant read whats f**kin there :S

Edited by disc0

Guest maxisma
I already got some output from the kernel but it reboots so fast that I cant read whats f**kin there :S

there must be a way to let it just hang there instead of rebooting..

Or just take an HQ-camcorder ;D

there must be a way to let it just hang there instead of rebooting..

Or just take an HQ-camcorder ;D

I need those cameras from that show of discovery chanel, "time warp", because It showns too many text at once :)

I already did other questions and he didn't answered me :\..

hehe, hope we can at least make a working boot img..

with a working boot img the game is done right? remains only to compile and we have a custom rom? or after boot.img will arrive others problems?