Internet access and phone bill

Guest alittlechild

Guest alittlechild

Im using modaco 3.1 (htc hero)

Is there any setting, that could control every internet access manualy?

I left my phone for few days without using, no browser, no nothing, but after i checket my phone credit, it is gone,

so i think phone updates itself with internet access. Can it ask me everytime it goes online?

Thanks for any advice

You could just disable mobile network. Don't know if there's an app that would ask everytime something want's to do something internetish, but I could imagine it would be really, really annoying.

Im using modaco 3.1 (htc hero)

Is there any setting, that could control every internet access manualy?

I left my phone for few days without using, no browser, no nothing, but after i checket my phone credit, it is gone,

so i think phone updates itself with internet access. Can it ask me everytime it goes online?

Thanks for any advice

You could just turn off background data in settings-mobile networks, and disable mobile internet completely if you wanted.

But you'll lose most of the features. What network are you on, as sometimes there are good PAYG internet 'booster' packages that are pretty cheap (T-Mobile UK does 6 months of internet for £20, which is really good.) google 6monthweb for info...

If not, see if there's a better package available, but that should get internet off.

Try APNdroid (an app) also, as I've heard it can be good. Or Droidwall, once set up, limits internet to selected apps

Guest martyn028
You could just turn off background data in settings-mobile networks, and disable mobile internet completely if you wanted.

But you'll lose most of the features. What network are you on, as sometimes there are good PAYG internet 'booster' packages that are pretty cheap (T-Mobile UK does 6 months of internet for £20, which is really good.) google 6monthweb for info...

If not, see if there's a better package available, but that should get internet off.

Try APNdroid (an app) also, as I've heard it can be good. Or Droidwall, once set up, limits internet to selected apps

another good app i use is 3g watchdog it monitors network usage and tells you how much internet you have used when wifi is not enabled

Regards

Martyn

Edited by martyn028

another good app i use is 3g watchdog it monitors network usage and tells you how much internet you have used when wifi is not enabled

Regards

Martyn

Another good suggestion. :) Forgot about it.