Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest Bryan W.

Is it normal that:

When I am composing a text and select written text to delete or something, the message for saving, drafting or deleteing the text comes up? Specifically it happens when I try to seletect a large portion of text by dragging over the area.

Or is that the bug you say is fixed in 3.2?

Guest cergaster
New Lite rom release!

I've been reading your post and waiting to download a rom from you since you started. I'm a total newbie. Nothing i've read about "how to flash" seems completely correct. Can you tell me, with your beta3.7 lite rom, when i use Octans 2.14 am i only using

1 - your .nbo file, YES

2 - Eboot, NO

3 - Movinand, NO

4 - CSC - NO

is this correct?

Guest jbr05ki
I've been reading your post and waiting to download a rom from you since you started. I'm a total newbie. Nothing i've read about "how to flash" seems completely correct. Can you tell me, with your beta3.7 lite rom, when i use Octans 2.14 am i only using

1 - your .nbo file, YES

2 - Eboot, NO

3 - Movinand, NO

4 - CSC - NO

is this correct?

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...omnia-vzw-i920/

Guest amdzero

1 - your .nbo file, YES

2 - Eboot, NO

3 - Movinand, NO

4 - CSC - NO

is this correct?

Yes that is correct.

Just open it, tick the "Detect the device" box, "Skip over waiting for booting completely" box, select the rom you want to flash with "PDA" button, then depress "Detect" button.

If you have the Samsung MIT drivers loaded correctly you should be GTG.

Guest WinJo69
New Lite rom release!

YES!!!!!!!

Its like Christmas in May!!!!!

I'll give my best efforts to try and find flaws, but I'm sticking with this one!!!

Btw - I also starting Cooking - Using your guide. Hope to have something to share in a few weeks.

(Work, school, Wife, Kids, etc.....) Damn, so many things getting in the WAY!!! (lol)

Edit:

Inital Testing Findings for Beta 3 - REALLY REALLY NICE - very minor things, nothing that stops it from Leaving Beta and goin G.A.

On start up - Program 88MB Free\Storage 280MB Free - (Nice!)

MyPhone needed to update on first run.

Pictures Panel Works, but once I update\search for all pictures it still says No Photos?

In other ROM's - ((Not sure which one anymore - LOL) - it would slide left or right at folder levels for Pictures)

Music Panel - The same thing as pictures

Connection Issues with browser - Not sure what it was - Checked all settings and then it just started working. Even after Reset it did it again, but I don't see what I am doing to make it start working, it just does after navigating through the connection options.

Sounds - Reminders default Set to Remind-1 - but its not on phone

Theme - Going onto Theme Page No option for the NICE Theme Background you have set and then it switchs to the default available - (Hate it!) From MS Settings - Home configuration when I pick 'BlackTheme' it goes back to yours. But then the other configuration Pages in MS Setting become Black - Upper scrolling bar not visable, Pop-up warnings y\n not visable, - Black on Black (no good - I reset so it looks nicer again)

Wallpaper does same as Theme

NO AM/PM for Clock either on Menu Bar, or Chome or In Clock Settings, and not for alarm. ( I use my phone for my personal Alarm - Is it 6AM or 6PM - I hope it wakes me up (LOL))

Now - If I can only get the hang of really tweaking out chome to make it MY PHONE!

Thank you again for your time and efforts on this one.

Its clean and even seems snappier too!!

Edited by WinJo69

Guest amdzero
YES!!!!!!!

Its like Christmas in May!!!!!

I'll give my best efforts to try and find flaws, but I'm sticking with this one!!!

Btw - I also starting Cooking - Using your guide. Hope to have something to share in a few weeks.

(Work, school, Wife, Kids, etc.....) Damn, so many things getting in the WAY!!! (lol)

Edit:

Inital Testing Findings for Beta 3 - REALLY REALLY NICE - very minor things, nothing that stops it from Leaving Beta and goin G.A.

On start up - Program 88MB Free\Storage 280MB Free - (Nice!)

MyPhone needed to update on first run.

Pictures Panel Works, but once I update\search for all pictures it still says No Photos?

In other ROM's - ((Not sure which one anymore - LOL) - it would slide left or right at folder levels for Pictures)

Music Panel - The same thing as pictures

Connection Issues with browser - Not sure what it was - Checked all settings and then it just started working. Even after Reset it did it again, but I don't see what I am doing to make it start working, it just does after navigating through the connection options.

Sounds - Reminders default Set to Remind-1 - but its not on phone

Theme - Going onto Theme Page No option for the NICE Theme Background you have set and then it switchs to the default available - (Hate it!) From MS Settings - Home configuration when I pick 'BlackTheme' it goes back to yours. But then the other configuration Pages in MS Setting become Black - Upper scrolling bar not visable, Pop-up warnings y\n not visable, - Black on Black (no good - I reset so it looks nicer again)

Wallpaper does same as Theme

NO AM/PM for Clock either on Menu Bar, or Chome or In Clock Settings, and not for alarm. ( I use my phone for my personal Alarm - Is it 6AM or 6PM - I hope it wakes me up (LOL))

Now - If I can only get the hang of really tweaking out chome to make it MY PHONE!

Thank you again for your time and efforts on this one.

Its clean and even seems snappier too!!

awesome observations!

1. I'm not sure but my pictures panel (titanium one I'm guessing) works fine.

2. Not sure about titanium music panel as well, I click on play all songs and my first song begins

3. Connection Issues - I haven't seen any of these issues. are you using IE?

4. Remind-01 was this in the stock rom? I cannot find this file anywhere.

5. Yeah the Themes are the default ones, I don't have a set theme, so when you turn on the device it is using Classic Blue that has been modified at first boot. I may get around to making my own .tsk one day

6. Wallpaper yeah this is for the samsung widgets and so the themes here are only the ones found in a certain folder. I can look this one up and play with it.

7. AM/PM on menubar - are you asking for ampm to show up in the task bar? I don't know how to do that but if someone can point me in the right direction I hook it up.

Thanks for taking the time to give it a go.

Should I put Samsung alarm back in the Lite version?

Guest amdzero

okay found the ampm settings, I disabled them by default (not sure why i did that).

go to start->settings->system->regional settings->time->time style

change it to hh:mm:ss tt

The tt is the ampm.

Guest amdzero
can someone point out where the differences between lite and regular are? I can't find it.

The Lite version is as close to sanitized as I want to make it.

It has all vz stuff removed (yes even VOD, MOD, VZNAV, and VVM)

It has most samsung settings included, except without touchwiz ui (the widgets which I think suck), and no cube

No game included

No extra OEMs like...

SKtools, No extra titanium panels, No alarm samsung alarm clock (yet btw), no samsung lock screen (HATE IT!), no more autoclosepatch (its free just do a search), no s2u2, no opera 10, no omarket, no flashlight, etc.

Its kind of like windows mobile with a BIT of samsung stuff thrown in. It does have the samsung dialer, swype, custom icons/bitmaps, standard titanium panels, Marketplace, MyPhone, Touch Player, Office Mobile 2010, Internet connection sharing (to tether your phone to you PC for FREE =) ).

any other questions?

Guest WinJo69
awesome observations!

1. I'm not sure but my pictures panel (titanium one I'm guessing) works fine.

2. Not sure about titanium music panel as well, I click on play all songs and my first song begins

3. Connection Issues - I haven't seen any of these issues. are you using IE?

4. Remind-01 was this in the stock rom? I cannot find this file anywhere.

5. Yeah the Themes are the default ones, I don't have a set theme, so when you turn on the device it is using Classic Blue that has been modified at first boot. I may get around to making my own .tsk one day

6. Wallpaper yeah this is for the samsung widgets and so the themes here are only the ones found in a certain folder. I can look this one up and play with it.

7. AM/PM on menubar - are you asking for ampm to show up in the task bar? I don't know how to do that but if someone can point me in the right direction I hook it up.

Thanks for taking the time to give it a go.

Should I put Samsung alarm back in the Lite version?

Thanks for the AM\PM fix! - (it helps A LOT)

The Pictures and Music Panels work fine. Its more robust on Samsung Today vs. Windows Today

Plus thanks to kdkinc - I'm learning a lot about tweaking my own Today Panels.

The Connection issue is not a big deal as it doesn't last beyond the initial run. (Yes - using I.E.)

Yeah the 'remind-1' thing is odd. but again no big deal.

So just to be clear - Using the 'Classic Blue' resets it back to your 'default' theme?

No need to put the Samsung Alarm back in just for me :P - I can use the Windows Default one as long I know its AM\PM - (which is now good!) Plus, adding an app when one already exists is counter to the 'Lite' Model (yes?)

One other thing - The Lock screen button. Does it work for everyone else? I tired installing the 'Slide2Shutdown' app, there was one that suppose to integrate with the shutdown button. (it didn't work) - but it may have messed up the Lock screen Button. Need a simple method of locking the screen. I keep my phone in my pants pocket so I need to be able to lock it easily.

Thanks again for your efforts on this one! Its really nice.

Edited by WinJo69

Guest jpenman

id keep samsung alarm out but thats me...i like default one better...but if you do put it in could you make things like titanium go to the default one instead?

Guest amdzero
id keep samsung alarm out but thats me...i like default one better...but if you do put it in could you make things like titanium go to the default one instead?

I think I'll put it in, but won't put a short cut nor remap the clock to it. That way it appears to not even be there, but if someone wants it (like me) they can add it to the start menu.

Also about the lockscreen, if you are asking for the system to autolock when the screen is shut off, I had smartlock cooked in but you couldn't disable, nor erase it, so I took it out.

Its does exactly what you want to do, lock the screen when in your pocket.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

see attached.

oh and the remind-01 is fixed on my next release. It is not a samsung file, but an older WinMo 6.5 file and since I use 6.5.5 it isn't in there. So I just copied over the .wav file and now it will work on the next release. If I could find the link, I'd just change it to something else but after a few hours of looking this is a faster/better fix.

ENU_Chobit_Company_SmartLock_2.0F.CAB

Guest amdzero
Thanks for the AM\PM fix! - (it helps A LOT)

The Pictures and Music Panels work fine. Its more robust on Samsung Today vs. Windows Today

Plus thanks to kdkinc - I'm learning a lot about tweaking my own Today Panels.

The Connection issue is not a big deal as it doesn't last beyond the initial run. (Yes - using I.E.)

Yeah the 'remind-1' thing is odd. but again no big deal.

So just to be clear - Using the 'Classic Blue' resets it back to your 'default' theme?

No need to put the Samsung Alarm back in just for me :P - I can use the Windows Default one as long I know its AM\PM - (which is now good!) Plus, adding an app when one already exists is counter to the 'Lite' Model (yes?)

One other thing - The Lock screen button. Does it work for everyone else? I tired installing the 'Slide2Shutdown' app, there was one that suppose to integrate with the shutdown button. (it didn't work) - but it may have messed up the Lock screen Button. Need a simple method of locking the screen. I keep my phone in my pants pocket so I need to be able to lock it easily.

Thanks again for your efforts on this one! Its really nice.

almost forgot about the classic blue question...

In my cooked rom I don't modify the classic blue.tsk file just the bitmaps that it points to. Also I change some settings on first boot so that more icons will appear under the start button, and change the background stuff like that. So...

If you do change the "theme" on my custom rom you won't be able to go back to it unless you hard reset. I'm still working on a .tsk file that mimics the initial boot so this won't be a problem anymore. I just need to do some research on it as I don't like using classic blue since it really isn't "classic blue".

If you are confused by this just remember don't change the theme, unless you don't ever want to use it again (for now).

Guest amdzero
Is that SmartLock in the pictures of lite on the first post? If so, how did you move the time and slider button?

No that picture is of the standard 6.5 lockscene (spelled correctly) by microsoft. Of course I changed it up to add a HTC style digital clock backdrop and made it slide only to the right. Its in the file called...

LS_LockScene_480x800.cpr

in the sys folder some where.

the smart lock just forces the system to use it when the phone is turned off/on, making it act more like the stock samsung lockscreen or even S2U2.

Guest maldonj1

whichever alarm lets you adjust the alarm volume separate from the phone volume is the one that should be kept

Guest amdzero
I'm assuming that Nuance Voice Recognition has been dropped as well.

I don't use nuance voice recognition, but I keep it in all my roms just in case I want to start using it one day. I think its just easier for me to press a few buttons than listen to some synthetic voice say "Please try again"

Guest kdkinc
I don't use nuance voice recognition, but I keep it in all my roms just in case I want to start using it one day. I think its just easier for me to press a few buttons than listen to some synthetic voice say "Please try again"

+1 :P :D

Guest Bryan W.

Thanks AMDzero.

I'm trying to install this lockscreen on your regular rom. I downloaded the cab you put up there, but it seems to be fighting with the samsung lockscreen sometimes. And- I found the ls_lock.. files you referred to in the regular rom. Is it the same as the one in lite? If so, ho do I configure so smartlock uses it?

I would just change to the lite rom, but I like some things as you have it in the regular version.