Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
I was hoping you might be able to remember or figure out if some files or folders that you removed that were either DRM related or Windows Media Player related.

I think this might be a bit involved to test, so if you add some files back in that you think might restore the functionality, I could always retest for you.

------------------------------------

Steps to perform test - not sure if there is an easier free way to get a test DRM file that would successfully sync to the phone

--------------------------------------

You would have to download via a zune pass, which you can get a free trial, you have to remember to cancel before end of trial period.

In the zune software I create a playlist and then download songs directly to the playlist that I created. The zune playlists gets auto-copied into a windows media player playlist. From windows media player on my PC I then set up a partnership with the O2 - My Storage area.

Here is a guide that shows the steps required for the sync from windows media player:

http://pocketnow.com/review/windows-media-...tips-and-tricks

Honestly I'd like to help you out, but it would take a while without a DRM file, and I don't want to sign up for a zune trial membership. If you download my Stock kitchen from my other post you can start adding files back in on your own. They are located in the OEM\OEMApps folder mostly.

If I do get around to trying this out, it won't be for a while.

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...-flashable-rom/

Guest Omega Ra
With the new image in the Bing application my i920 just continues to say "locating ..." but doesn't seem to find the location. I have it set to allow location in gps setting and googlemaps seems to find locations ok. Anyone else getting this?

in settings where it says GPS intermediate driver, you can change it to COM6 (or whatever you have yours set to) and it should work better.

Guest ryvin1
in settings where it says GPS intermediate driver, you can change it to COM6 (or whatever you have yours set to) and it should work better.

thanks that helped!

Anyone having a problem seeing email inboxusing active sync? I can get my gmail, and active sync seems to grab my calendar and contacts and will send out emails but can't see anything received. Outlook on my Pc shows the emails at the server in my inbox but nothing on the phone inbox.

Guest phillykpax
Honestly I'd like to help you out, but it would take a while without a DRM file, and I don't want to sign up for a zune trial membership. If you download my Stock kitchen from my other post you can start adding files back in on your own. They are located in the OEM\OEMApps folder mostly.

If I do get around to trying this out, it won't be for a while.

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...-flashable-rom/

totally understand, if I can find an easier way to test DRM files I will let you know. I may try and take a look at the kitchen.

Guest WinJo69

AMDZero - I've been enjoying you lite ROM for a while now, and Look forward to putting on you latest full ROM momentarily. Your custom theme looks cool.

Have you, ( or anyone else for that matter) tried to build a complete Samsung Model? I've seen a lot of pieces but yet to see it completely. Specifically the fully functional Samsung Today, with the Samsung skin for all messaging? If I missed an existing one let me know, otherwise, I just wanted to put it out there.

WinJo

Guest amdzero
AMDZero - I've been enjoying you lite ROM for a while now, and Look forward to putting on you latest full ROM momentarily. Your custom theme looks cool.

Have you, ( or anyone else for that matter) tried to build a complete Samsung Model? I've seen a lot of pieces but yet to see it completely. Specifically the fully functional Samsung Today, with the Samsung skin for all messaging? If I missed an existing one let me know, otherwise, I just wanted to put it out there.

WinJo

I haven't messed with Samsung Today, as it doesn't have weather. I consider weather part of my essential usage for a Smartphone, and I'd like to see it on the main screen. As for the samsung skin, I don't know how to do that yet, as I've been working with the Lite rom and the Guide to building your own ROM for a while. I'm taking a little break unless something else comes up like an official samsung 6.5.3 update or another leaked beta of 6.5.5

Guest WinJo69
I haven't messed with Samsung Today, as it doesn't have weather. I consider weather part of my essential usage for a Smartphone, and I'd like to see it on the main screen. As for the samsung skin, I don't know how to do that yet, as I've been working with the Lite rom and the Guide to building your own ROM for a while. I'm taking a little break unless something else comes up like an official samsung 6.5.3 update or another leaked beta of 6.5.5

Understandable. Like I said, fully enjoying the lite ROM in its current form. Thanks again for all of you time and efforts.

Guest maldonj1

just installed the latest base rom and not sure why im having so many issues with it, i try to change the weather and dont see USA, then i exit it and it says the app is not valid, then i click start button and phone locks up... any ideas?

Guest amdzero
just installed the latest base rom and not sure why im having so many issues with it, i try to change the weather and dont see USA, then i exit it and it says the app is not valid, then i click start button and phone locks up... any ideas?

you need to use manual code for weather. just enter your zip code and all is well. not sure why the search doesn't work.

Guest maldonj1
you need to use manual code for weather. just enter your zip code and all is well. not sure why the search doesn't work.

4 reboots later, its getting weather data but all icons are red x's,

Guest kdkinc
4 reboots later, its getting weather data but all icons are red x's,

I've had this minor issue.with the gchris theme ,which is a great theme...

before you do any change have IE running in the back ground. The Theme will only check WX when you click on the IE link or

after you tell it to update wx.

ghris theme can't open up IE on it own.

Hope this helps a little

:) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest maldonj1
I've had this minor issue.with the gchris theme ,which is a great theme...

before you do any change have IE running in the back ground. The Theme will only check WX when you click on the IE link or

after you tell it to update wx.

ghris theme can't open up IE on it own.

Hope this helps a little

yea i love this theme along with the custom taskbar i am happier than ever with my omnia II if i can just get the weather icons right, so i didi what you said, opened up IE and left it open in the background, went into weather settings and click update weather but they are still red X's,

also what is the trick to finding the icons for programs you install so that when you add them to the apps toolbar they are not red x's as well..

thanks

Guest amdzero
yea i love this theme along with the custom taskbar i am happier than ever with my omnia II if i can just get the weather icons right, so i didi what you said, opened up IE and left it open in the background, went into weather settings and click update weather but they are still red X's,

also what is the trick to finding the icons for programs you install so that when you add them to the apps toolbar they are not red x's as well..

thanks

I know that the red x's are an issue with gchris theme sometimes. I don't have this problem so its hard for me to test. as for the program icons, you have to find them on your own. right now I have opera mapped with an ie icon until I remember to load a proper one.

also watch out for the contacts panel as all contacts with a () surrounding the area code won't work properly. I usually just use the samsung dialer for making calls.

Guest maldonj1
I know that the red x's are an issue with gchris theme sometimes. I don't have this problem so its hard for me to test. as for the program icons, you have to find them on your own. right now I have opera mapped with an ie icon until I remember to load a proper one.

also watch out for the contacts panel as all contacts with a () surrounding the area code won't work properly. I usually just use the samsung dialer for making calls.

ok as far as finding them i noticed i cant scroll down when i go into the weather settings to search for the icons that my pictures says is in /my storage/program files/...i also cant see past the letter D states in weather, may just reflash in the morning..

Guest kdkinc
ok as far as finding them i noticed i cant scroll down when i go into the weather settings to search for the icons that my pictures says is in /my storage/program files/...i also cant see past the letter D states in weather, may just reflash in the morning..

Oh Had a brain fart....

-Weather plugin (chero clock). It will auto update everytime you connect to the internet. Delete auto_update_ weather.lnk from startup folder if you want to update manually. After you set your location, some times the icon folder gets reseted and you get some red X's instead of weather icons. You will have to set it again, go option->weather settings->icon , expand the CHeroClock folder, select the HTC folder and press ok. Also, if you press "reload" it will refresh whole titanium, this means that you don't have to soft reset or disable-enable titanium if you change something in the cpr or if something is buged.

from gchis site....

Guest maldonj1
Oh Had a brain fart....

-Weather plugin (chero clock). It will auto update everytime you connect to the internet. Delete auto_update_ weather.lnk from startup folder if you want to update manually. After you set your location, some times the icon folder gets reseted and you get some red X's instead of weather icons. You will have to set it again, go option->weather settings->icon , expand the CHeroClock folder, select the HTC folder and press ok. Also, if you press "reload" it will refresh whole titanium, this means that you don't have to soft reset or disable-enable titanium if you change something in the cpr or if something is buged.

from gchis site....

YAY! i got icons!! thanks for the research!

Guest Bryan W.

Hey again,

I've been experiencing a problem, perhaps you could help.

Lately my free ram drops like a rock. When I reset it is about 80MB free, but slowly goes down to 20MB, thats no programs running. If I run anything and memory goes to only 10MB free, nothing will run, not even task manager to close stuff. All I get is lots of error messages. Sometimes I can get some programs closed to free ram.

How do I find out whats taking my ram?

Bryan

Guest amdzero
Hey again,

I've been experiencing a problem, perhaps you could help.

Lately my free ram drops like a rock. When I reset it is about 80MB free, but slowly goes down to 20MB, thats no programs running. If I run anything and memory goes to only 10MB free, nothing will run, not even task manager to close stuff. All I get is lots of error messages. Sometimes I can get some programs closed to free ram.

How do I find out whats taking my ram?

Bryan

I'm not sure what you have installed/running, I almost never get that low in ram. Occasionally I get as low as the teens, but thats because I have 8-9 programs running at once, Opera, Facebook, nanogroove, caller id, calendar, Bounce (you should try it, as simple as it is, it's addictive), myphone...

And I still have over 30MB free.

Try this link to find out what "processses" are the culprits...

http://www.dotfred.net/TM/FdcSoft_TaskMgrv3.3_WM6.5.zip

It is a power taskmanager from dotfred.net

also, you may want to look into autoclose from chainfire. (it used to be in my roms, til I realized he didn't want it cooked in)

http://www.chainfire.eu/articles/68/AutoCl...h_1_0_released/

let me know how it goes.

Guest ED2O9

I've been running your standard ROM for a while and everything works perfectly. I switched to the "Lite ROM" this week, and I'm experiencing a strange little quirk. Pocket Express won't download movie listings, and when I try to check the settings it crashes. All of the news services seem to work fine... just the movies listings come up blank. It worked fine with the old ROM, but I still assumed it was a software glitch. So, I downloaded Flix and it does the exact same thing. Very strange.

I'm hoping that someone else might take the time to install Handmark Pocket Express (ver. 4.25 and 5 both have the same error) and see if it's something specific to my phone or the local listings.

Aside from that, this ROM is outstanding. Thanks for all your work!

BTW - You might get a kick out of the fact that I stopped by a Verizon store today to check out the HTC Incredible. The sales rep had his own Incredible and was more than happy to show it off. Everything he did to "wow!" me was also able to be done on my O2. Finally, he stopped and looked at my phone and said "That's not a normal Omnia 2 is it?". I told him it was modified a bit and he said, if the stock Omnias were like my phone,they would have sold "A LOT" more of them. :rolleyes:

Guest amdzero
I've been running your standard ROM for a while and everything works perfectly. I switched to the "Lite ROM" this week, and I'm experiencing a strange little quirk. Pocket Express won't download movie listings, and when I try to check the settings it crashes. All of the news services seem to work fine... just the movies listings come up blank. It worked fine with the old ROM, but I still assumed it was a software glitch. So, I downloaded Flix and it does the exact same thing. Very strange.

I'm hoping that someone else might take the time to install Handmark Pocket Express (ver. 4.25 and 5 both have the same error) and see if it's something specific to my phone or the local listings.

Aside from that, this ROM is outstanding. Thanks for all your work!

BTW - You might get a kick out of the fact that I stopped by a Verizon store today to check out the HTC Incredible. The sales rep had his own Incredible and was more than happy to show it off. Everything he did to "wow!" me was also able to be done on my O2.

I don't use that program, does it not work on the Base version of my rom? I'm hesitant to go back to Lite, as I've got everything working just like I want it to on my Base. If this is still the issue I'll reflash and check it out (praying spb backup won't fail me).

Yeah the HTC Incredible is an AWESOME phone, I just don't want to switch to android. I like having the "easy" way of Windows Mobile. Even if it is sluggish sometimes, the customizability (its a work look it up... TRUST me =) is just too hard to pass up. I like being able to browse all of my files and folders on my phone with click of the finger (or stylus since I don't have a capacitive touch screen).

Finally, he stopped and looked at my phone and said "That's not a normal Omnia 2 is it?". I told him it was modified a bit and he said, if the stock Omnias were like my phone,they would have sold "A LOT" more of them. :rolleyes:

Well post a flyer at your local VZW store and hook some ppl up!

Guest ED2O9

Don't worry about reflashing. I just thought hoped that someone with your Lite ROM might give it a try.

As for Verizon, I don't think they would like the idea of people replacing the core software on their devices, even if it meant a boost in sale... but who knows.

Guest Bryan W.

I decided to start new with the latest v4 and slowly work in programs to pinpoint the memory leak. It was gwes.exe but according to sources that can eat up ram if another program is written poorly.

Is there a way to have the contacts button on homescreen to to the Samsung Phonebook? Registry setting or something?

Guest amdzero
I decided to start new with the latest v4 and slowly work in programs to pinpoint the memory leak. It was gwes.exe but according to sources that can eat up ram if another program is written poorly.

Is there a way to have the contacts button on homescreen to to the Samsung Phonebook? Registry setting or something?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS]

"1"="\Windows\SECContact.exe"

Guest phillykpax

FYI I was not able to get ActiveSync to successfully sync, and also the connection drops in mobile device center, with the Base v4 rom. I use Win7 Home Premium x64.

To make sure it was not my machine I tried yardi's latest rom and it worked OK.