Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest maldonj1

has anyone figured out how to get email attachements to open when clicking on them? i get an error message for anything like .pdf, word, or even pictures in emails that says " cannot display attachement" using latest base rom

Edited by maldonj1

Guest mdkpnj

I saw something earlier in this thread about 3.1 having a problem with email from an exchanger server. I just installed the latest, 4.7, and I have the same problem. I get contacts, tasks, calendar. I can send from the Omnia II, but my inbox does not sync and in a new email I cannot open the company directory.

This is a BIG issue for me.

Thanks.

Guest amdzero
has anyone figured out how to get email attachements to open when clicking on them? i get an error message for anything like .pdf, word, or even pictures in emails that says " cannot display attachement" using latest base rom

the problem is that the file will save correctly, but will not open when trying to click on it in your outlook mobile correct?

The problem occurs because Outlook Mobile doesn't have the "typical" place to store the temporary file. When you click on the pdf/jpg/whatever file, windows creates a temporary version of it for viewing. Why? I don't know it sound crazy, but even more crazy is if the "typical" folders don't exist it gives up, instead of creating the folders.

Just need to create two sub-folders

Connections and Mail Attachments

It should look like this:

Program Files/Connections/Mail Attachments

Guest amdzero
I saw something earlier in this thread about 3.1 having a problem with email from an exchanger server. I just installed the latest, 4.7, and I have the same problem. I get contacts, tasks, calendar. I can send from the Omnia II, but my inbox does not sync and in a new email I cannot open the company directory.

This is a BIG issue for me.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how to resolve this, as I don't use exchange server for my email. Anyone else have a clue?

Guest amdzero
FYI I was not able to get ActiveSync to successfully sync, and also the connection drops in mobile device center, with the Base v4 rom. I use Win7 Home Premium x64.

To make sure it was not my machine I tried yardi's latest rom and it worked OK.

Are you saying that you cannot sync with ActiveSync (called Windows Mobile Device Center in Vista and Win7) or that you cannot get internet through ActiveSync while connected? Or does ActiveSync just drop the connection and no longer show the ActiveSync symbol in your phone's taskbar?

BTW I can sync with WMDC and I can get internet through it for viewing on my phone.

Guest Bryan W.

Just an FYI, not a big deal:

I noticed that the Samsung Favorites in the Phonebook don't work. When the list comes up to select a contact to add and you click one, your taken back to an empty favorites screen. Its impossible to add anyone to the favorites list.

As a workaround I am using the categories.

Guest amdzero
Just an FYI, not a big deal:

I noticed that the Samsung Favorites in the Phonebook don't work. When the list comes up to select a contact to add and you click one, your taken back to an empty favorites screen. Its impossible to add anyone to the favorites list.

As a workaround I am using the categories.

yeah I don't konw what is causing that. I think this occurs with all 6.5.x roms, or am I mistaken?

Guest maldonj1
the problem is that the file will save correctly, but will not open when trying to click on it in your outlook mobile correct?

The problem occurs because Outlook Mobile doesn't have the "typical" place to store the temporary file. When you click on the pdf/jpg/whatever file, windows creates a temporary version of it for viewing. Why? I don't know it sound crazy, but even more crazy is if the "typical" folders don't exist it gives up, instead of creating the folders.

Just need to create two sub-folders

Connections and Mail Attachments

It should look like this:

Program Files/Connections/Mail Attachments

awesome! adding those folders worked perfectly, i can now open my exchange attachements, never had an issue with exchange contacts so can comment, thanks again Amd

Guest Omega Ra
yeah I don't konw what is causing that. I think this occurs with all 6.5.x roms, or am I mistaken?

it is the same on mine and I am using Yardi's ROM so I think you are right.

Guest phillykpax
Are you saying that you cannot sync with ActiveSync (called Windows Mobile Device Center in Vista and Win7) or that you cannot get internet through ActiveSync while connected? Or does ActiveSync just drop the connection and no longer show the ActiveSync symbol in your phone's taskbar?

BTW I can sync with WMDC and I can get internet through it for viewing on my phone.

I think it would complete the sync but then drop the connection, and I was not able to transfer files to the phone. Once it dropped the connection I could not get it to re-connect unless I restarted the computer. Then the same problem would happen again.

Edited by phillykpax

Guest amdzero
I think it would complete the sync but then drop the connection, and I was not able to transfer files to the phone. Once it dropped the connection I could not get it to re-connect unless I restarted the computer. Then the same problem would happen again.

Is anyone else having this issue? I can transfer a 150MB video (toy story 3 trailer) from my laptop to my "My Storage" folder using WMDC easily. Of course ideally I would change the USB to mass storage instead of activesync, but I did this just to test and make sure I could do it.

Have you tried connecting activsync via Bluetooth?

Guest Aashiqmunda

I'm having a brightness issue here.. i installed the ROM but i cannot able to manipulate my brightness.. it seems like my brightness is stuck on medium level, despite me having to move it up or down... can anyone comment please... thanks

Guest amdzero
I'm having a brightness issue here.. i installed the ROM but i cannot able to manipulate my brightness.. it seems like my brightness is stuck on medium level, despite me having to move it up or down... can anyone comment please... thanks

This rom does not have a brightness setting. Because I use the Windows Mobile Lockscreen, when the phone is turned on the lockscreen is enabled, and the brightness is turned off. This makes it extremely difficult to view outside, and unlocking it in the sunlight is virtually impossible. So I have used a backlight.dll that keeps thee brightness on full all the time. This way when the phone is turned on with the lockscreen I can see it outdoors. If you don't like this and would like to go back to the original I will post it for you. Just copy it to your \windows directory on your phone (overwritting the previous one) and then reset the device. You will need to use resco explorer, or maybe total commander or it won't let you copy it over a system file.

Again you must overwrite the file, AND reset the phone for it to take effect.

backlight.zip

Guest Rob Brown

AMDZero et al,

I've used both versions of your ROMS in the past, but flashed the new Samsung update last week. Now my phone had the memory of a goldfish. I didn't see anywhere in the thread about using the spb mobile sense theme instead of Titanium in your light ROM. I happen to like mobile sense better. I was wondering if there would be any conflicts that you know of that would a stopper?

Guest maldonj1
This rom does not have a brightness setting. Because I use the Windows Mobile Lockscreen, when the phone is turned on the lockscreen is enabled, and the brightness is turned off. This makes it extremely difficult to view outside, and unlocking it in the sunlight is virtually impossible. So I have used a backlight.dll that keeps thee brightness on full all the time. This way when the phone is turned on with the lockscreen I can see it outdoors. If you don't like this and would like to go back to the original I will post it for you. Just copy it to your \windows directory on your phone (overwritting the previous one) and then reset the device. You will need to use resco explorer, or maybe total commander or it won't let you copy it over a system file.

the file is coming up empty for me

Guest amdzero
the file is coming up empty for me

it is a hidden, system, readonly file, you must enable all the folder settings in order to see it.

Guest amdzero
AMDZero et al,

I've used both versions of your ROMS in the past, but flashed the new Samsung update last week. Now my phone had the memory of a goldfish. I didn't see anywhere in the thread about using the spb mobile sense theme instead of Titanium in your light ROM. I happen to like mobile sense better. I was wondering if there would be any conflicts that you know of that would a stopper?

Nope should be good to go. I used it in the past, but was trying to see if the memory usage was better without it. In the process I've grown accustomed to gchris's titanium.

When I used it, it worked like a charm. Just remember to install spb first, then sense/expresso theme second.

Guest Rob Brown
Nope should be good to go. I used it in the past, but was trying to see if the memory usage was better without it. In the process I've grown accustomed to gchris's titanium.

When I used it, it worked like a charm. Just remember to install spb first, then sense/expresso theme second.

Thank you! :rolleyes:

Guest Aashiqmunda

Thank you very much AMDZero. It works like charm now. The skin is gorgeous :rolleyes: keep up the great work sir.

Guest phillykpax
Is anyone else having this issue? I can transfer a 150MB video (toy story 3 trailer) from my laptop to my "My Storage" folder using WMDC easily. Of course ideally I would change the USB to mass storage instead of activesync, but I did this just to test and make sure I could do it.

Have you tried connecting activsync via Bluetooth?

have not tried bluetooth, just USB, don't have that option on my PC

Guest maldonj1
it is a hidden, system, readonly file, you must enable all the folder settings in order to see it.

found it, moved it, working great! thank you yet again

Guest amdzero
have not tried bluetooth, just USB, don't have that option on my PC

connecting via bluetooth isn't really a remedy, but it is a step in finding the root of the problem. If you can connect via bluetooth and the connection doesn't drop, there is a problem with the USB path (phone data port, the cable, or your computer's USB port, or software specifically using the USB path).

Go into Mobile Device Settings->connection settings->setup bluetooth. You will have to connect your phone to your computer first (pairing, initiate on your computer)

post-463858-1274982282_thumb.png

Edited by amdzero

Guest maldonj1

is there any way to turn off/remove the free space/memory app that sits above the clock?, im trying to get as much battery life out of my omnia and i think i have looked at that app maybe twice since ive flashed over a month ago.

Guest amdzero
is there any way to turn off/remove the free space/memory app that sits above the clock?, im trying to get as much battery life out of my omnia and i think i have looked at that app maybe twice since ive flashed over a month ago.

I'm sure there is, I only use it to see how much free ram I got. If it's low I run cleanram or reset if its way low.

try CHome Editor:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

Guest tntopspin

First, thanks to AMDZero and Ninja4hire for some great ROMS. I've tried each and they are remarkable. I've had the O2 for a couple of months, but I thought I'd try a new ROM or two when I did the DC23 update. I've a veteran of MANY flashes of both Samsung and HTC phones, though this is the first try for the O2.

I, too, am having a problem with ActiveSync, both with AMD and N4hire ROMs. Neither will sync on my Vista64 machine. Both ROMs locked (had to pull the battery) when I attempted to access the "Connections" tab to change the USB setting. Currently, the O2 is cabled to my Vista64 and WMDC shows SCH-i920 not connected, but here's another oddity which just came up. Clicking on Activesync says "repllog is not a valid PPC app." As a matter of fact, clicking on Internet Explorer says "iexplore is not a valid....." Clicking on Settings yields the next screen, none of the buttons work. It goes back to Today, but things like "JMLMenu is not a valid....." occur if I try to change anything. UNTIL I try to sync, everything works.

Weird, eh?

I'm about to reflash the stock ROM (again, thanks AMD) as I need the phone and can't really spend a lot of flashing time today.

Again, don't take this as a complaint..... these ROMs clearly are superior to stock. This is just a report of a potential issue.

Thanks to the chefs and to this community.