Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest kdkinc

little late but found this in the "Octan's driving me crazy" thread

QUOTE(Rob Storm @ May 16 2010, 15:44) *

It just does not work well at all with 7 x64! Sadly, this is what ALL my computers are. If I could just flash my phone, I can start releasing ROMS for the O2

Thanks for listening to my rant!

smile.gif

Rob

By: Odevca25

"It took me about almost a week to get it working on my win 7 x64, and I thought i would never get it to work and i finally got it to work almost when i was about to give up. the problem i was having was that windows wasn't installing the Samsung MITs usb driver when my phone was connected to the computer. Then I was fooling around with my phone settings to see if there was something that needed to be changed. So i disabled the Enable advanced network functionality option and it immediately started to download and install the Samsung MITs usb driver. Then i was able to switch the driver with the one provided in the guide which was a little tricky because it has to detect that driver when your shut down your phone and it begins charging."

might help folks having trouble with 64 bit windows ???

:) :)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Jynxx

Ok another questions from a noob. I downloaded AMDzeros ROM and am not sure how to install it. Do I need to unzip the .7z file and place it somewhere? I have DC now and am ready to try the ROM. :)

Guest amdzero
Ok another questions from a noob. I downloaded AMDzeros ROM and am not sure how to install it. Do I need to unzip the .7z file and place it somewhere? I have DC now and am ready to try the ROM. :)

okay use 7zip, yes go get it, don't use winzip, winrar, or even the build in windows zip.

unzip the rom using 7zip to a folder.

Use Octans FULL and select PDA and find the file.

If you installed the drivers correctly, click detect, connect your phone, soft reset it using the stylus. Wait a few secons and the Omnia II will flash on the screen followed by Downloading (or something similar with an Exclamation Triangle).

Don't worry if you botch it up you can always reflash, we here at the i920 side don't mess with the CSC nor Phone part of the flash ROM so you cannot brick your phone using it (I've flashed well over a hundred times and was always able to reflash it).

If you need help, look for the post about how I flashed my phone.

kdkinc did an excellent job with this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...omnia-vzw-i920/

Guest Jynxx
okay use 7zip, yes go get it, don't use winzip, winrar, or even the build in windows zip.

unzip the rom using 7zip to a folder.

Use Octans FULL and select PDA and find the file.

If you installed the drivers correctly, click detect, connect your phone, soft reset it using the stylus. Wait a few secons and the Omnia II will flash on the screen followed by Downloading (or something similar with an Exclamation Triangle).

Don't worry if you botch it up you can always reflash, we here at the i920 side don't mess with the CSC nor Phone part of the flash ROM so you cannot brick your phone using it (I've flashed well over a hundred times and was always able to reflash it).

If you need help, look for the post about how I flashed my phone.

kdkinc did an excellent job with this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...omnia-vzw-i920/

Ok I have Octans installed and with the phone disconnected and powered off I selected PDA and your file. I then connected the phone and get an error. First thing that comes up is WIN USB initialized. Then I get WinUsb_QuaryInterfaceSetting Error 1. When I hit ok I get WinUsb_QueryPipe Error 1. Any ideas?

Guest kdkinc
Ok I have Octans installed and with the phone disconnected and powered off I selected PDA and your file. I then connected the phone and get an error. First thing that comes up is WIN USB initialized. Then I get WinUsb_QuaryInterfaceSetting Error 1. When I hit ok I get WinUsb_QueryPipe Error 1. Any ideas?

What pc system??

Did you install mit drivers ?

Guest Jynxx

I've added the different drive for the device for Win 7 64. Now when I plug the Omnia in it shows me two drivers for it. One is digitally signed and the other isn't. Do I need to delete the digitally signed driver and if so, how without deleting both?

Guest Jynxx

Think I may be getting closer now. I'm not getting any errors with Octans now but its just sitting there with this message: [setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2061fcaf&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Any Ideas?

Guest kdkinc
Think I may be getting closer now. I'm not getting any errors with Octans now but its just sitting there with this message: [setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2061fcaf&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Any Ideas?

I think that's the message if the mit is not in.

Looking for somthing be back....

looking for a pic but

Did you do the f8 thing at boot up on pc???

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Jynxx
I think that's the message if the mit is not in.

Looking for somthing be back....

looking for a pic but

Did you do the f8 thing at boot up on pc???

I sure did. Its weird that it isn't working.

Guest kdkinc
I sure did. Its weird that it isn't working.

I thinking that you should delete both of those mit file and redo .

I'm trying to find a pic of how the driver file looks with the correct driver installed.

Anyone know that pic i'm looking for???

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=50748

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=50749

post-499047-1276205190_thumb.jpg post-499047-1276205199_thumb.jpg

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Jynxx
I thinking that you should delete both of those mit file and redo .

I'm trying to find a pic of how the driver file looks with the correct driver installed.

Anyone know that pic i'm looking for???

When I do that windows automatically detects the Omnia and installs a different driver again. I can't figure out how to delete the other driver without deleting both then it does the auto install again. Its a vicious circle. lol

Guest kdkinc
When I do that windows automatically detects the Omnia and installs a different driver again. I can't figure out how to delete the other driver without deleting both then it does the auto install again. Its a vicious circle. lol

Your doing the f8 deal at boot up each time you try to apply drivers ???

This really the toughest part timing is everything ...

when you right click on the onmia icon before it disappear so that you can get in to drivers

see attached pic on links above.

we'll get it

Guest Jynxx

when you right click on the onmia icon before it disappear so that you can get in to drivers

we'll get it

Man I hope so. lol Ok going to give it a shot again here.

Guest amdzero

we'll get it

first off, you do not have to delete the signed mit drivers at all.

what you need to do (and this will probably take several tries till you get it right):

turn off the phone, open up devices and printers from the start menu.

watch the icon that shows up, plug in your phone.

if the icon has a yield sign, then the drivers are not being accepted by win7

if the icon has no sign and looks normal the signed mit drivers are being used/or the mit drivers you installed using unsigned drivers may be working.

okay after a few seconds the phone will stop displaying the logo an display the battery icon, which means it is no longer using the data portion of the usb cable and is only using the power portion. this is when the icon disappears in "devices and printers"

so open up device manager and and watch for the "mobile devices" icon to appear, expand that and right click on the Mit usb drivers and do update driver software

if you are not fast enough the phone will time out and the icon will disappear and you will have to start over.

IF you got the update driver software open in time then you are halfway done.

"go to browse my computer for driver software"

manually install or have disk, I don't remember which one, and browse for the i8000 x64 drivers.

BEFORE you click on Next make sure you unplug and replug the phone back in and wait for the beep (usb beep or that logo) and then click next.

If you had used f8 and disabled signed drivers then you should be good to go. It will warn you about using unsigned drivers, thats okay just do it.

You may have to restart the computer for it to take place. AGAIN make sure you f8 use disabled signed drivers.

This was very frustrating for me, as I had ONE winxp computer at the time, and got a new laptop that had ONLY win7 64 installed on it. so this litterally took me 4-5 DAYS to get it to work correctly.

Oh and some times it will get mixed up and you have to soft reset the phone before you flash again.

Just play with it, give it some time, we are using i8000 drivers for our i920.

This is far from perfect, but WILL work, I flash my phone several times a day (probably hundreds of times since January) and I know that it works.

Guest Jynxx

Thank you! Now when I look at the drivers on the device it shows a signed driver and wceusbshx64 driver which I was finally able to add. Is that the correct driver? When I try to run Octans it still just hangs there on: [setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2061fcaf&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Am I close? lol

Guest amdzero
Thank you! Now when I look at the drivers on the device it shows a signed driver and wceusbshx64 driver which I was finally able to add. Is that the correct driver? When I try to run Octans it still just hangs there on: [setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2061fcaf&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Am I close? lol

Nope, you go the wrong driver. try it again, no you don't delete anything. A restart might help before you do it, remember f8.

Guest Jynxx
Nope, you go the wrong driver. try it again, no you don't delete anything. A restart might help before you do it, remember f8.

Ok do you have a link to the correct driver?

Guest kdkinc

isn't ther one in my guide post 1.

also just added pic's at bottom of post one to give you a visual.

Great post AMD forgot how much it suc-ed to add drivers

Guest amdzero

no I mean the wrong driver installed for the mit, which means it either

a. didn't accept the unsigned driver.

b. needs to be restarted to fully accept.

Guest Jynxx
double LOL

Man I was ready to pull my hair out! lol Tricky tricky! Thank you both so very much for your assistance with this. I really am thankful for the assistance.

Guest cliffco823
I decided to start new with the latest v4 and slowly work in programs to pinpoint the memory leak. It was gwes.exe but according to sources that can eat up ram if another program is written poorly.

Is there a way to have the contacts button on homescreen to to the Samsung Phonebook? Registry setting or something?

I am having the same issue. the gwes.exe is taking 4x as much program memory as my next largest program (SPB mobile shell). Is there anything I can do?