Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
I am having the same issue. the gwes.exe is taking 4x as much program memory as my next largest program (SPB mobile shell). Is there anything I can do?

use clean ram or soft reset.

also there is a program called autoclose

Guest cliffco823
use clean ram or soft reset.

also there is a program called autoclose

No permanent fix for this? Eventually the memory comsumpsion dips down to less than 19. Should I reflash or try another ROM? I am using 23563 with SPB mobile shell 3 and mobile sense.

Guest amdzero
No permanent fix for this? Eventually the memory comsumpsion dips down to less than 19. Should I reflash or try another ROM? I am using 23563 with SPB mobile shell 3 and mobile sense.

I haven't found a "fix" for this issue. It is in the way that samsung has implemented their drivers for memory management. I say "fix" as I don't have this issue, once programs are taking up too much memory Windows will start to autoclose them behind the scenes.

The big programs that suck a lot of ram are SPB Mobile Shell, Opera, and S2U2. You can run all three of these at the same time, just be aware that due to the oem drivers currently implemented on this phone (all ROMs) windows won't be able to effectively reclaim memory. You can start with a gwes of 10MB and end up with a gwes of 60MB after a few hours of HEAVY use.

I scrapped the idea of putting SPB mobile shell on my roms and now am using titanium as it takes up FAR less ram.

You might try Ninja's or Yardi's ROMs and see if they fit your needs better.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than willing to look into the matter.

Guest cliffco823
I haven't found a "fix" for this issue. It is in the way that samsung has implemented their drivers for memory management. I say "fix" as I don't have this issue, once programs are taking up too much memory Windows will start to autoclose them behind the scenes.

The big programs that suck a lot of ram are SPB Mobile Shell, Opera, and S2U2. You can run all three of these at the same time, just be aware that due to the oem drivers currently implemented on this phone (all ROMs) windows won't be able to effectively reclaim memory. You can start with a gwes of 10MB and end up with a gwes of 60MB after a few hours of HEAVY use.

I scrapped the idea of putting SPB mobile shell on my roms and now am using titanium as it takes up FAR less ram.

You might try Ninja's or Yardi's ROMs and see if they fit your needs better.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than willing to look into the matter.

Thanks. I really appreciate your help.

Guest batch519

You rock AMDZero!! Loving the Lite ROM and learning a lot from reading all your posts, keep up the great work! I too am having the notification dismissal problem. When I hit the left or right softkey to dismiss my outlook calendar reminder notification, it continues to do reminder notifications a couple more times until the appointment actually occurs. I would also like to know how to remove the annoying "Full Charge" notification, I cannot seem to find the settings for it by searching the registry. Thanks again!!

Guest tntopspin

Just a quick update/note, as I'm in the middle of another 80+hr work week, but I took a chance and tried Yardi's Lite ROM and it DOES sync with my Vista64 machine. Along the way, MSoft did some autoupdates on the machine, so perhaps some driver issues were fixed or something, but the stock ROM (which I'd reverted to) wasn't syncing....... Yardi's did?!?!?

I lack the time and need the phone this week (and next when I'm....couldn't recall where I am going.... in Columbus, OH) so I can't try the AMDZero ROM again (which I frankly prefer.) It's odd. I thought I'd tried a Yardi ROM before, but I hadn't.

Thanks to everyone and I'll experiment as I have time and see if I can ID what happened/changed with my PC/phone so I can perhaps help others with sync issues.

Thanks to all in the community and especially to those who cook these superb ROMs.

• 1 month later...
Guest xlightwaverx

Where the hell did this rom come from.

It's perty ;)

X

Oh, looks like it has memory issues :angry: Another Sense rom without the fancy 3d :D

Look good AMD.

Edited by xlightwaverx

• 5 weeks later...
Guest hchockeh

AMD your roms are the badword best! I love this base rom and I love the sense rom to... I wish you could kinda merge these two roms together because I feel like there is a lot of extra non-sense on the sense rom sometimes... But a new rom in general would be awesome to! Keep cooking man THANKS!!!! :D

Guest mdkpnj

A few posts back talked about memory leakage. I was running the sense rom and had that. I had to put the stock rom back, so I could talke my phone to the VZW store. I ran it for two days and noticed memory was less of an issue. with my normal programs running; MS 3.5 with Mskips Prro + Freedon, Pocket Informant, Media Playet, email; I had around 50-60 free. Now I loaded the base rom and have 26 available. curios......

Guest urphonesux

hey amd can you tell me your registry settings for the 1 minute data disconnect hack or tell me how you did it?

i had to hard reset the phone the day before yesterday, not because of problems with the rom but because after manually changing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\

SuspendResume = GPRS_bye_if_device_off

CacheTime = xxx (where xxx are seconds before auto disconnect, for me the best value is 60)

my device would automatically disconnect but afterdisconnecting on its own for the fifth time the phone could never reestablish a data connection.

It did that also when i first changed the reg keys but i fixed it with a simple soft reset.

I installed the cab on this page last night

http://www.andrewsayshello.com/windows-mob...ections-in-wm6/

but it doesnt seem to be disconnecting after 60 secs

so please amd point me to what you did (which is probably the same thing so im gonna keep trying this unless you tell me a different approach.

Guest amdzero
hey amd can you tell me your registry settings for the 1 minute data disconnect hack or tell me how you did it?

i had to hard reset the phone the day before yesterday, not because of problems with the rom but because after manually changing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\

SuspendResume = GPRS_bye_if_device_off

CacheTime = xxx (where xxx are seconds before auto disconnect, for me the best value is 60)

my device would automatically disconnect but afterdisconnecting on its own for the fifth time the phone could never reestablish a data connection.

It did that also when i first changed the reg keys but i fixed it with a simple soft reset.

I installed the cab on this page last night

http://www.andrewsayshello.com/windows-mob...ections-in-wm6/

but it doesnt seem to be disconnecting after 60 secs

so please amd point me to what you did (which is probably the same thing so im gonna keep trying this unless you tell me a different approach.

try this:

REGEDIT4

;Enable auto disconnect GPRS if not use 60 seconds

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings]

"CacheTime"=dword:0000003c

"SuspendResume"="GPRS_bye_if_device_off"

;Disable auto connect GPRS

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction]

"EnableCPHSONS"=dword:00000001

"NoGPRSAutoAttach"=dword:00000001

This works for me.

Guest urphonesux

Thanks AMD it worked perfectly!

1 request though. Please remake the lite rom with the new memory management tweaks included. The rom has been very smooth and responsive over the past couple days however i have experienced a couple of lockups that i just chalked up to me being brand new with the phone. Since there has been at least 2 a day that are very spread out i might add i feel like it would definitely benefit from any new wizardry youve discovered in your days of cooking.

Thanks for all of your work AMD because other than that, this rom is exactly the one i was asking you about before i got the phone.

O and one other thing, would you consider a multi colored start menu flag as opposed to the blue one that is currently included?

and...........................what you know about the classic NES final fantasy games?

I second the request for a base ROM with the updated memory management (if and when you have the time, of course).

I'd also like to see the overclocking from your Sense ROM added. One other small suggestion... would it be possible to replace that unreadable script font from gchris Titaniam? Even with Titanium disabled, the font rears it's ugly head in the task manager the device shutdown screen. Small request for an otherwise outstanding ROM.

Thanks!

Guest amdzero
Thanks AMD it worked perfectly!

1 request though. Please remake the lite rom with the new memory management tweaks included. The rom has been very smooth and responsive over the past couple days however i have experienced a couple of lockups that i just chalked up to me being brand new with the phone. Since there has been at least 2 a day that are very spread out i might add i feel like it would definitely benefit from any new wizardry youve discovered in your days of cooking.

Thanks for all of your work AMD because other than that, this rom is exactly the one i was asking you about before i got the phone.

O and one other thing, would you consider a multi colored start menu flag as opposed to the blue one that is currently included?

and...........................what you know about the classic NES final fantasy games?

I would like to make a lite rom, infact I've regeared a lite version for use on my current beta testing. I could just strip sense out of it and post it. I haven't beta tested it without sense. I could leave the O/C package in as well.

I know almost EVERYTHING there is to know about NES FF1. When I bought the game (you know when it first came out) it came with a Nintendo Power Game Guide, that is still at my grandmother's house to this very day!

FF1 was the first RPG I ever played and might be the best to this very day. Although Its a toss up with FF2(US)/FF4(JP).

Guest urphonesux

o no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i just checked for a reply. It would've been perfect!

I couldve flashed before leaving at 9 in the morning and posted any issues during the day OR just responded when i got home at night to let you know that everything is well.

The Oc would be great cooked in as i sure it would be more stable than the app i tried earlier in the week.

Of course if you could bang one out between now and then i would be super appreciative for your efforts

I actually havent even taken a look at the task manager on this phone yet. On my i910 xtask was my goto task manager but now its task switcher with a short press of the cube button FTW!!!!

ALSO

Final Fantasy is the best series of ALL TIME-------------next to Zelda of course. Actually its kinda hard to pick a #1 out of those two franchises even though FF has the epic soundtracks and cinema scenes Im torn. Im a RPG fan at heart, my mom got me hooked on those and ive never

been able to turn down a world saving mission ever since.

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
o no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i just checked for a reply. It would've been perfect!

I couldve flashed before leaving at 9 in the morning and posted any issues during the day OR just responded when i got home at night to let you know that everything is well.

The Oc would be great cooked in as i sure it would be more stable than the app i tried earlier in the week.

Of course if you could bang one out between now and then i would be super appreciative for your efforts

I actually havent even taken a look at the task manager on this phone yet. On my i910 xtask was my goto task manager but now its task switcher with a short press of the cube button FTW!!!!

ALSO

Final Fantasy is the best series of ALL TIME-------------next to Zelda of course. Actually its kinda hard to pick a #1 out of those two franchises even though FF has the epic soundtracks and cinema scenes Im torn. Im a RPG fan at heart, my mom got me hooked on those and ive never

been able to turn down a world saving mission ever since.

I've got a Lite rom ready for testing if anyone wants it. Its got the Anastasia style icons/taskbar and boots to around 100MB free RAM.

I've redone the Lite rom from scratch so it may have a few bugs but I've not found any.

Guest the sandman
I've got a Lite rom ready for testing if anyone wants it. Its got the Anastasia style icons/taskbar and boots to around 100MB free RAM.

I've redone the Lite rom from scratch so it may have a few bugs but I've not found any.

I would like to try the lite rom please

Guest mdkpnj

I'm running the lite rom, and like it. I noticed though that when I tap the taskbar at the top of the screen, the large icons do not pop up. Large indicator is set. I get a beep and that is it. Any suggestions?

Guest amdzero
I'm running the lite rom, and like it. I noticed though that when I tap the taskbar at the top of the screen, the large icons do not pop up. Large indicator is set. I get a beep and that is it. Any suggestions?

I might have removed the .dll that controls the large icons. I'm putting it back in the Lite rom.

Guest amdzero
let us know when its updated.I should be happy now but the lure of more free ram is why I exist

Lite rom out for private testing now. Stay tuned...

Guest urphonesux

hey can u send me a link to that test rom?

i finally figured out how to get streaming player to do something , in ur browser go to m.vtap.com and pick any youtube video from there

the thing is it crashes whenever i rotate the screen im gonna take it out of the autorotation list and see if that helps

# looks like opera is rotating it and right now i dont know what to do about that............

also anybody got fpsece running successfully on the O2 i get it to start but i havent successfully opened a iso yet.

Its been so long since i last ran it

Edited by urphonesux