Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest kdkinc
Very nice setup. A few issues, (I'm a noob so just bash me in the skull if there are easy fixes) A few of the samsung settings aren't working for me assign buttons and brightness. i also get the SRS wow error.

I think awhile back srs wow had a small update on one of the two files. Possible security off for 6.5.

There over on XDA.

Works fine on my i920.

;) ;)

Guest amdzero
I think awhile back srs wow had a small update on one of the two files. Possible security off for 6.5.

There over on XDA.

Works fine on my i920.

;) ;)

Thats funny I tested SRS WOW a while back ( many flashes ago ) and it worked fine. I guess something got messed up after I ported over the sys. I'll take a look. In the mean time you can grab the SRS WOW on the i8000 side...

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-hd-for-omnia2/

Guest WolfpackInCO

Is there a way to change the screen off behaviour so only the lock screen turns it on? Right now the power button does it too - not good for pockets! The Samsung setting for this is disabled, so there's no way to access it.

Guest amdzero
Is there a way to change the screen off behaviour so only the lock screen turns it on? Right now the power button does it too - not good for pockets! The Samsung setting for this is disabled, so there's no way to access it.

Right now I've no way of doing that. I'm cooking a 23559 rom now that will put the default samsung lockscreen back on. I don't like it but that is the only program that blocks the Hardware Keys besides s2u2. You can always disable it and try s2u2.

Guest hchockeh

Alright im kinda new to this and i feel like this is a stupid question to ask??? But how are you connection the i-920 to the computer. It can never find the device when it is searching but I am going from a micro usb to reg usb... Im using Octans Downloader. I have no clue if im just being stupid or what? Please HELP!

EDIT --- Figured it out sorry!

Edited by hchockeh

Guest amdzero
Maybe nobody noticed or it only happened to me but there's is no gps in your base rom. It is a shame because i have loved it so far

GPS works fine. You can access it from Samsung Settings->General->GPS->Location->Always On or MS Settings->Personal->Phone->GPS.

Guest compnird

Version 3. Good job sir. Very fine! Best ROM I have used on the Omnia II i920 to date... Too bad I will be using the Droid Incredible starting on 4/29. I think the Omnia 2 is finally coming into it's own with the ROM updates and such. :)

Guest amdzero
do all roms have that auto-close issue or is it just the older build?

Auto-Close is an issue with windows mobile, compounded by the fact that our O2s have comparatively limited memory unlike most HTC devices.

check out this link

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...memory-monster/

on my next rom release I will have autoclose installed in the rom. Actually I'm using it now and it works great.

Guest amdzero

GUESS WHAT!?

I've updated to version 3.1 (to fix minor errors like settings not working and to put in the official Samsung update-PDA only).

Guest lschafroth

Either I'm not getting it, or I need help. ;) How do I change the items on the main display? It is set to Internet Explorer and I want Opera.

It is set to dial in for my voicemail. I use visual voicemail. How do I change that?

Are there any good SMS programs? The default windows one is terrible.

runs faster so far!

Lannie

Guest WolfpackInCO

I'm having a major issue with messages. while I can see the message list in both Outlook & Hotmail, I can't open an individual message in either. Anyone else having this problem with 23559?

Guest lschafroth
I'm having a major issue with messages. while I can see the message list in both Outlook & Hotmail, I can't open an individual message in either. Anyone else having this problem with 23559?

I'm having the same issue. I cannot see the message. I can see it in the list but cannot open it. Cannot get Opera as default. Cannot get sms-chat as default. Cannot get Flexmail as the default. Cannot get VisualVoicemail to be an option.

Lannie

Guest ryvin1

I'm having the same issue. I cannot see the message. I can see it in the list but cannot open it. Cannot get Opera as default. Cannot get sms-chat as default. Cannot get Flexmail as the default. Cannot get VisualVoicemail to be an option.

Lannie

Same here with the inability to open messages in outlook, can delete, but can'd open reply or forward.

UPDATE!!! what I did just notice this version of your ROM fixed my wifi issues I started a post on. Yardi4life's Rom with the latest samgung update didn't resolve my wireless issue and your previous version of your ROM didn't... this problem has been killing me for a couple weeks and this rom would be my saving grace or if you can tell me what might have changed so I can try to get that done if I run another ROM would be GREAT!

Edited by ryvin1

Guest amdzero
Same here with the inability to open messages in outlook, can delete, but can'd open reply or forward.

UPDATE!!! what I did just notice this version of your ROM fixed my wifi issues I started a post on. Yardi4life's Rom with the latest samgung update didn't resolve my wireless issue and your previous version of your ROM didn't... this problem has been killing me for a couple weeks and this rom would be my saving grace or if you can tell me what might have changed so I can try to get that done if I run another ROM would be GREAT!

All I did was change the files from the samsung update over and recooked the rom. I think I changed the start menu and added backin some samsung settings links as well. Nothing that pointed directly to wifi. What kind of issues were you having?

Guest amdzero

I'm sorry to hear that I'll look into this as I had this problem last week and it annoyed me to no end. I think there is a file somewhere in the Redist_Lang_409 folder that is causing this issue.

I should have an update tonight to fix this. Any other issues?

Guest amdzero

Lannie

The issues you are talking about are through titanium. Since I removed some of the modifications I had in titanium, Only the default ones remain. Unless you know XML and are brave enough to change the behind-the-scene settings for titanium I suggest you look into alternative titanium panels. GChris has an outstanding one.

gchris titanium skin

Guest ryvin1
All I did was change the files from the samsung update over and recooked the rom. I think I changed the start menu and added backin some samsung settings links as well. Nothing that pointed directly to wifi. What kind of issues were you having?

My i920 loses WiFi as an option after activesync security policies are applied even though the policy states enable wifi. I've even tried turning off the wifi in the policy on the server side and it's the same. Other windows mobile devices with the same security policies work fine, just seems to be this phone.

What does seem to work to enable wifi is to static set an IP for the wifi adapter then turn wifi on, then it's an option in connection manager to enable. downside is that if you reset the phone you have to go through the entire process again with setting and enabling wifi.

I updated the phone with the samsung update before I tried any of the new ROMs with the update and it, and yari4life's lite rom didn't fix my wifi issue, but strangely yours did.

Guest WolfpackInCO
I'm sorry to hear that I'll look into this as I had this problem last week and it annoyed me to no end. I think there is a file somewhere in the Redist_Lang_409 folder that is causing this issue.

I should have an update tonight to fix this. Any other issues?

Thanks. No other issues - it's a sweet ROM!

Guest amdzero
My i920 loses WiFi as an option after activesync security policies are applied even though the policy states enable wifi. I've even tried turning off the wifi in the policy on the server side and it's the same. Other windows mobile devices with the same security policies work fine, just seems to be this phone.

What does seem to work to enable wifi is to static set an IP for the wifi adapter then turn wifi on, then it's an option in connection manager to enable. downside is that if you reset the phone you have to go through the entire process again with setting and enabling wifi.

I updated the phone with the samsung update before I tried any of the new ROMs with the update and it, and yari4life's lite rom didn't fix my wifi issue, but strangely yours did.

That is strange I don't use wifi since I have great cell coverage in my area. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to set it up in the first place!