Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
dude you gotta do something with the messaging otherwise is great i even got the gps finally working

Thanx!

Ask and you shall receive.

New version is up!

Guest WolfpackInCO

Ok I did find an issue. None of the titanium panels can be moved or removed. I tried both cHomeEditor and Home Screen Customizer with no luck.

Guest amdzero
Ok I did find an issue. None of the titanium panels can be moved or removed. I tried both cHomeEditor and Home Screen Customizer with no luck.

you have to manually enter the info using the sktools reg editor.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Chome]

"CPRFile"="Titanium"

"ExtensibilityXML"=<Plugins Order="CMyPhotos;CMusic;CWelcomeCenter;CPhone;CVoicemail;CClock;CText;CEmail;CAppo

ntments;CHomeFavs;CWindowsLive" CPRFileName="Titanium" DisplayStyle="Titanium" />

I'll try to remember to add this in on my next update. I'm going to try to do an SPB MS and/or HTC manila. Both of which have been giving me a world of trouble.

Guest WinJo69

Just another New Guy!

Sorry if this is stupid or already replied to, if so just point me to the needed thread.

Trying to modify the Home Screen. I loaded the newest ROM, and I would like to tweak the Home screen to have different options.

I think its in the Registry - ( Which I have no problem Tweaking) - but I just need to know where to do it and what the syntax shouls look like. The thread above outline a "chrome' key or a 'titanium' key, but the default ROM doesn't have either of these, ( unless I am looking in wrong place?)

Please direct! - Thanks in advance!

AMDZero - Nice ROM!

Update - Sorry - Should have looked a little closer. Found the Key. Now where would i find the syntax to add things like Facebook, Weather, etc to the Home Screen?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by WinJo69

Guest WolfpackInCO
Update - Sorry - Should have looked a little closer. Found the Key. Now where would i find the syntax to add things like Facebook, Weather, etc to the Home Screen?

Thanks in advance!

The easiest way, after you change the extensibility XML from "SPlugin" to "Titanium" in the registery (see above) is to download Home Screen Customizer from Marketplace. It's free and touch-friendly. Not every option (like FB) is available, but it works quite well.

Guest WinJo69
The easiest way, after you change the extensibility XML from "SPlugin" to "Titanium" in the registery (see above) is to download Home Screen Customizer from Marketplace. It's free and touch-friendly. Not every option (like FB) is available, but it works quite well.

Thank you. This helped, but I am limited in what I can actually add. Also, when I select 'Apps' it gets added to the home Screen as 'apps' and not as the indiviual app Name. Also, when I move over it it blanks out.

From the screen Shots that AMDZero has as the first entry on this tread it shows a lot of customization on the homescreen. Thats what I want to be able to do!?

Tweak what files? What Reg Keys? Whats the syntax?

So - as i'm sure this is covered 'somewhere' so send me to another thread to read if it easier.

Thanks again!

Guest RoyalDrew

Is there any way you could update the first post showing what's included and not included in the latest DC23 Rom? I'm sure it's nearly the same as your previous Rom update but a recap of everything would be nice. IMO it's a little difficult to tell what's in and what's not going through your change logs.

Guest jpenman

I think you should create a lite ROM....i like your ROM very much like the speed and look and the taskbar is awesome but i dont like all the stuff still there from samsung....by the way what taskbar is that?

Guest amdzero
I think you should create a lite ROM....i like your ROM very much like the speed and look and the taskbar is awesome but i dont like all the stuff still there from samsung....by the way what taskbar is that?

I have not made a Lite ROM yet as I felt Yardi had that pretty well covered. But since there is a request for one, I guess I'll dive in and make one as well.

BTW the taskbar is just a bastardized assortment of various icons I've "gleaned" from here and there.

Guest jpenman
I have not made a Lite ROM yet as I felt Yardi had that pretty well covered. But since there is a request for one, I guess I'll dive in and make one as well.

BTW the taskbar is just a bastardized assortment of various icons I've "gleaned" from here and there.

anyway to make a cab for it? or will i have to do the assortment as well cuz i mean damn is it a gorgeous taskbar! lol

Guest WinJo69

VERY New here and far be it for me to tell a Chef how to Cook....... but since someone else brought it up.

The Lighter the ROM The Better. Personally I would rather add my own apps after the ROM is loaded. Very flexible for everyone. Yardi's Lite ROM is GREAT but the one thing that has got to work is the Phone Button. As long as the Core system functions. all buttons and camera, etc. Apps should always be an add on. For now the only exception should be Office 10 as its not available anywhere as an install - (yet) - Thanks for reading!

Guest Bern612

didn't read all the post so sorry if someone already said it. Just wanted to put it out there before someone else did it.DON'T ENABLE SAMSUNG WIDGETS i forgot it won't work with new roms. and only way to get it off is to reformat your phone

Guest RoyalDrew
I updated the first post, as to be more readable for changes.

tyvm! btw i flashed to your rom and it seems to be very stable, thanks for the nice work!

Guest kdkinc

AMDZero..

I'm been using with 3.1 for a few days works great :huh:

I decided it was about time to read post 1 notes (guy thing) and noticed you took out "SRS WOW HD".

Is their and issue with that program?

I always load it with my XDA/SD weather automatic if in the rom or manually .

Thank You

:P :blink:

Guest amdzero
AMDZero..

I'm been using with 3.1 for a few days works great :huh:

I decided it was about time to read post 1 notes (guy thing) and noticed you took out "SRS WOW HD".

Is their and issue with that program?

I always load it with my XDA/SD weather automatic if in the rom or manually .

Thank You

:P :blink:

Nah it works fine for me if I install it afterwards, I just didn't want to spend more time cooking it in correctly. After many failed attempts I felt my time was better spend trying other things.

Guest kdkinc
Nah it works fine for me if I install it afterwards, I just didn't want to spend more time cooking it in correctly. After many failed attempts I felt my time was better spend trying other things.

sure you are...Checking out the wallpapers on the 8000 thread :huh: :P

:blink: :o

Guest amdzero
You know it!

Well my first attempt at making a Lite rom failed. I gutted too much out. I ended up with 311MB free and it booted fine. I thought to myself damn that was easy.

Of course it was easy, nothing worked! I turned my Smart Phone into a PDA that makes calls (and not with the phone button) !

Back to the drawing board on this one.

Guest amdzero
Well my first attempt at making a Lite rom failed. I gutted too much out. I ended up with 311MB free and it booted fine. I thought to myself damn that was easy.

Of course it was easy, nothing worked! I turned my Smart Phone into a PDA that makes calls (and not with the phone button) !

Back to the drawing board on this one.

ooooooooh, so close I can taste it.

I have Lite version has 267MB free ROM.

I left Swype and the samsung dialer in. I don't like loosing my phone button so taking the dialer out is not an option for me. Swype is something I've grown to love and I couldn't live without it after trying the "stock" keyboard.

The only thing I don't have working is the GPS. It is in there I just don't know how to put the option back in to switch the "Location On". Anyone got ideas?

Guest levytv
ooooooooh, so close I can taste it.

I have Lite version has 267MB free ROM.

I left Swype and the samsung dialer in. I don't like loosing my phone button so taking the dialer out is not an option for me. Swype is something I've grown to love and I couldn't live without it after trying the "stock" keyboard.

The only thing I don't have working is the GPS. It is in there I just don't know how to put the option back in to switch the "Location On". Anyone got ideas?

there are toggle programs around that turn it on and off. would that work?