I910 Stuck at Flash! HELP!!!

Guest plecosword

Guest plecosword

First, Im not blaming anyone of course, I just hope there is still a chance that I could get my phone back. I was flashing to this ROM (21872 - MegAmnia...)

So this is what my computer screen looks like and my phone screen. I think the .bin file I downloaded is a bad one. UMDL came up with an error saying there was a bin error, and now it is stuck like this.

post-536995-1264897686_thumb.jpg

post-536995-1264898023_thumb.jpg

Guest 2 Bunny
First, Im not blaming anyone of course, I just hope there is still a chance that I could get my phone back. I was flashing to this ROM (21872 - MegAmnia...)

So this is what my computer screen looks like and my phone screen. I think the .bin file I downloaded is a bad one. UMDL came up with an error saying there was a bin error, and now it is stuck like this.

Well, I'll tell you what. I've gone through this rigmarole quite a few times. No less than fifteen, minimum. For a period of time, I was attempting to flash fimwares from a desktop computer. Each and every time it would get stuck halfway through what your's has not even started yet. And each and every time, I would unplug it while it was froze. The reason that it just hangs and does not tell you that it has failed is because Windows xp just doesn't do that for some reason. I know when I tried it in Windows 7, it would at least tell me it failed. I know, as I became very familiar with FAILURE. Basically, all is not lost. Usually you can unplug it from that state, and then just try again. It will almost always let you flash the firmware again if you hit reset. If possible, try using Windows 7 too, but xp is totally okay if you can't have access to 7.

One word of advice I can tell you though: Don't flash with USB 1. Ever. EVER. "EVAR!". I tried it, after my many failed attempts on the desktop at flashing firmware. So, I went to an old laptop (xp). Loaded up UMDL, flashed, everything went through fine on my first try, I'm like "wow!", and then I go to reboot the player, and I get the red light of death. B) Now, I am currently looking into repairs with JTAG adapters. Found some cheap ones on eBay, now I'll need to order them, and also put together a JTAG cable that can be temporarily soldered onto the board.

So basically, while since you are using xp you cannot see it, flashing has failed, and there is not dialog box to let you know. Nothing will happen if you leave it plugged in for a long time, no matter how many times you take a picture of your computer monitor (http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows :) ).

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny

Guest plecosword

Thanks a ton! I don't have any PCs with usb1, and I have vista 64 bit, which does not work for this so I use the macbookpro for all my flashing. anyway, I downloaded a fresh copy of the bin, loaded it and restarted the phone, it worked great! Thanks for the help. I kind of wished it didn't come back, so I can get a new phone, my brother has the same phone, but his was really defected and his new one is very different, a lot more finger responsive.

Guest 2 Bunny
Thanks a ton! I don't have any PCs with usb1, and I have vista 64 bit, which does not work for this so I use the macbookpro for all my flashing. anyway, I downloaded a fresh copy of the bin, loaded it and restarted the phone, it worked great! Thanks for the help. I kind of wished it didn't come back, so I can get a new phone, my brother has the same phone, but his was really defected and his new one is very different, a lot more finger responsive.

Well, glad you managed to survive better than I did. I've gotta order the tools to fix mine, and then have someone help me with the soldering.

I'll see you on the other side in less than a month (long shipping time from Hong Kong)! :) B) ☺

- 2 Bunny