2 more homescreens?

Guest tdohappens

Guest tdohappens

i was just swapping through my homescreens and when i got to the end of my right screen there is that motion effect ... you want to go further but you can't.

when at the last screen, i started the same movement with my finger like swapping through screens ... but faster and faster

i managed to push the last screen more and more to the left, making it not visible

if you hold your finger on the screen ... the image doesn't go back. if you release it, you go back to the last screen of course.

[it works the same with the first and last homescreens]

but as i see it ... there is room for another homescreen for each side

i don't know if it's possible since sense is not opensource

if the above isn't possible, i was thinking of this little trick

when swapping normally you actually don't see the full wallpapper

by doing the above you can see more of the wallpaper, all of it

i was thinking you can write something there [like a password, pin, secret phonenumber or smth]

the text won't be big, depends on how you want it.

and you would probably want to write it [directly on the image of course] in landscape mode.

Guest shenshang

who the hell uses all 7 homescreens anyway? complete waste of cpu power and lags your phone, 5 is about the limit before you want your phone lagging.

Guest volatile_ink

If you want to store passwords etc, try one of the many 'safes' available on the Market. I personally use OI Safe and OI Notes which are both very good apps IMHO.

Can't see any point in having more than seven home screens and as for storing confidential data on wallpaper, thats just daft. The animation for when you 'pass' the end screen is just that an animation.

Can you post your screens here. It would be interesting to see how you use seven screens and why you want more!

Guest pillock

Yeah, I was gobsmacked when Kagu went to 7 homescreens, I managed to use about 4 of them but the others are just sat there. The launcher is just a click away so putting app shortcuts on the homescreen seems daft, I don't even use a clock since you can't disable the one on the notification bar, and two clocks is silly.

Guest tdohappens

@shenshang: my phone doesn't lag with 7 screens in use. depends on how many widgets you have ... i like to keep my things well organized and not fill one screen with everything

that's just how i roll ...

@volatile_ink: just because you can. nobody would bother looking there, you can access it quickly ...

i didn't say storing passwords on your wallpaper is a good idea. you can use that space for something like watermarks, copyright text, web address ... because you know it's there but the viewer can't see it.

i will post screenshots at your request.

@pillock: you're not really enjoying your phone, are you?

Guest Marcony0
+1. Just only coz don't have idea what to fill with :)

Same here B) i use 1 and half , and everyday i try to add something .. then i find myself not using it :\ pft :D

Guest masterpfa
Same here :) i use 1 and half , and everyday i try to add something .. then i find myself not using it :\ pft B)

Although I like sense and I like the idea of sense, after all it what convinced me to move to Android in the first place, I do now find myself using the Android Homescreen on my phone as default. Three is ideal for me, no more than 5 IMHO

But again each to their own, just my opinion

:D