Why is there not much talk of this 2.1 ROM?

Guest hp1

Guest venturerider

I tried that ROM. Too many things wrong with it and behnamm has been pretty much silent on HTCPedia since the holidays. No work has come from him in quite a while. Nothing since I made a donation, as a matter of fact. Rumour has it he got an Acer Liquid from donations, so he's probably playing with that now. My donation was for a Hero, though. Oh, well... Live and learn...

Guest sjoerdos92

Somewhere near the end of that topic on htcpedia he says that he and lox abandoned the project and proceeded with other rom's, so don't expect any updates on that rom.

Guest whiteythomson

Haven't tried this one yet, but currently I'm using the Hero/Espresso Hybrid by Raider:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=613746

It works pretty well, not sure that AP2SD is working properly just yet and it doesn't include most of the HTC widgets (you can add them yourself). But aside from that it's the most useable 2.1 ROM I've had so far.

All the others had me reverting back to MCR 3.2 within the hour.

Anyone tried both of these?

I'm interested in trying the one mentioned above but really can't be bothered to go through the whole malarky of wiping and recreating everything as I like it for the upteempth time!!!

Cheers.

Haven't tried this one yet, but currently I'm using the Hero/Espresso Hybrid by Raider:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=613746

It works pretty well, not sure that AP2SD is working properly just yet and it doesn't include most of the HTC widgets (you can add them yourself). But aside from that it's the most useable 2.1 ROM I've had so far.

All the others had me reverting back to MCR 3.2 within the hour.

Anyone tried both of these?

I'm interested in trying the one mentioned above but really can't be bothered to go through the whole malarky of wiping and recreating everything as I like it for the upteempth time!!!

Cheers.

Thats nice and it has Mobile Network Sharing which I use almost every day on MCR3.0 but appears to be absent from a lot of the 2.1 ROMs. I'm using Kagudroid at the mo and its ok, but still lots of bugs. Totally agree with you about reinstalling all the apps and settings when you try a new ROM gets tedious after a while.