Rosie (Sense) stuck in force close reboot loop

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

Hi,

I have given my hero to a friend, he then set about trying different roms etc and has stumbled across a problem.

Basically, Rosie (SenseUI) gets stuck in a loop where it crashes (Force closes) as soon as it starts, meaning sense is utterly un-usable.

Vanilla Android and all functions are fine, but this sense force close loop is rather annoying.

it was my phone and had been running MCR fine for many months, he has tried wiping and different roms several times, same issue every time..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Stu

Guest martyn028
Hi,

I have given my hero to a friend, he then set about trying different roms etc and has stumbled across a problem.

Basically, Rosie (SenseUI) gets stuck in a loop where it crashes (Force closes) as soon as it starts, meaning sense is utterly un-usable.

Vanilla Android and all functions are fine, but this sense force close loop is rather annoying.

it was my phone and had been running MCR fine for many months, he has tried wiping and different roms several times, same issue every time..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Stu

Hi this happened to me ... Until i Formatted SD card wiped handset before installing MCR..... There was files on sd card that where causing FC within setup and endless loop of error messages.

FormattingSD then Wipe on handset might also work for your friends Hero

Kind regards

Martyn

Guest squirreleater
when it happens with me, i just wipe and redownload the ROM and reflash

Oh we tried that! several times!

He found disabling the location seemed to fix it, I guess a bug on the clock was causing it? Odd how the wipe/rom didn't sort it?

Guest shenshang

it was probably a corruption when downloading or copying to your sd card. a wipe of data, dalvik and ext partition should fix the problem. if not, it is definitely something wrong with your download.