Horizontal keyboard problem in web browser

Guest Alsybub

Guest Alsybub

Hi,

I have a problem which has been ongoing since around Modaco 2.8. (Just updated to 3.2 and the problem is still there)

It only manifests when I am using the horizontal keyboard to enter web addresses in the web browser (both the standard and dolphin).

When typing, the word suggestion bar appears for no apparant reason and then freezes after I have entered only one or two characters. If I press enter the rest of what I have typed will not appear in the address bar, only the characters which appeared in the suggestion bar.

I'm pretty sure that when entering a web address or searching google the standard behaviour is to not show the suggestion bar even if enabled and this is the case when it is in vertical mode. In fact, if I disable the the suggestions then it still exhibits this behaviour.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a known solution?

Thanks.

Edited by Alsybub

I've only noticed this while searching. I can enter a few words but the search result will be just for the first letter that I type.

Not sure if it's a portrait / landscape issue, I don't remember it happening in one circumstance and not another.

Guest Alsybub
I've only noticed this while searching. I can enter a few words but the search result will be just for the first letter that I type.

Not sure if it's a portrait / landscape issue, I don't remember it happening in one circumstance and not another.

It's only in landscape. I checked it on my friends Hero and it's the same, so I guess it's a common problem.