So I'm moving from my Hero to a Nexus One

Guest PhonePersona

Guest PhonePersona

So I'm getting myself a Nexus One tomorrow and have some concerns.

I have major Sense UI separation anxiety.

I LOVE my HTC Widgets and the well-rounded, functional and mature/business-like look of Sense UI compared to Google's 'Vanilla' appearance, which IMHO is okay, but kinda cartoony and not exactly my thing.

So I need your help to get me a more 'Hero-esque' appearance to my Nexus phone.

What apps are out there to give me the following?

1. Really good widgets. I've heard of Beautiful Widgets, but was wondering if there's something else out there.

2. An top bar that looks more like HTC's sense UI and not the cartoony Google one.

3. A clear update selection scroll down screen like can be found on Kos-World's Black Eclair Theme

4. A smart dialer

Thanks y'all :)

I had the same concern before. However after 3 weeks of using nexus one, Hero feels like an old (but still nice) device when I look at it again.

Beautiful widget is good. It will get Nexus One very close to the appearance of Hero in terms of clock and weather, it also have a smaller banner that can replace the weather/news bar comes with N1. I personally prefer the N1 native news and weather widget as i find it much more intuitive and responsive compare to Beautiful widget or Hero widget.

Twidroid widget is more comprehensive than the Hero twitter widget hence a good replacement.

I havent yet found a good widget replacement for Hero's stcok prices widget.

The general screen appearance in N1 is fancier compare to Hero, the live wallpaper is amazing.

Guest PhonePersona
I had the same concern before. However after 3 weeks of using nexus one, Hero feels like an old (but still nice) device when I look at it again.

Beautiful widget is good. It will get Nexus One very close to the appearance of Hero in terms of clock and weather, it also have a smaller banner that can replace the weather/news bar comes with N1. I personally prefer the N1 native news and weather widget as i find it much more intuitive and responsive compare to Beautiful widget or Hero widget.

Twidroid widget is more comprehensive than the Hero twitter widget hence a good replacement.

I havent yet found a good widget replacement for Hero's stcok prices widget.

The general screen appearance in N1 is fancier compare to Hero, the live wallpaper is amazing.

I don't Tweet, so I'm good there and ever since the stock market crash, I invest primarily in Africa now, so I'm good there too B)