New U8230 ROM on HuaweiDevice.com - analysis

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest de_shepherd
Sry, my fault, downloading it atm, just thought of an rom by the 56,2Megabyte size of the file...

I downloaded the ZIP file and there doens't seem to be anything newer than mid January so don't know why they've relase this now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brickedMyHuaweiU8230

Anyone know where I can get the U8230 ROMs? looks like huaweidevice.com removed them!

I need the U8230_U8230V100R001C75B265(Portugal_TMN).zip :s

Guest andreass4
Anyone know where I can get the U8230 ROMs? looks like huaweidevice.com removed them!

I need the U8230_U8230V100R001C75B265(Portugal_TMN).zip :s

ähmm... what about first post this thread? its an rooted version and works PERFECT on my u8230...

ähmm... what about first post this thread? its an rooted version and works PERFECT on my u8230...

Except I don't have a pulse ;) I believe the version on the 1st post is adapted for the t-mobile pulse? I haven't tried it, though

Cant you find this rom on the website? http://www.tmn.pt/portal/site/tmn

nop, couldn't find it :\

It looks like they've deleted it from the huaweidevice.com website.

This link was working originally: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/down...PortugalTMN.zip but now it just gives an error page.

yes.

asking if anyone kept them..

on another note, I can't flash my u8230 with the update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip

I get a "can't format SYSTEM:" error "Failure at line 3: format SYSTEM:"

anyone know what this is about? ;)

Edited by brickedMyHuaweiU8230

Guest MarcusHenrique
yes.

asking if anyone kept them..

on another note, I can't flash my u8230 with the update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip

I get a "can't format SYSTEM:" error "Failure at line 3: format SYSTEM:"

anyone know what this is about? ;)

I was having this issue. What I did was flashing a rooted boot.img with fastboot, then booting the device into recovery mode from itself instead of booting from fastboot. That solved it for me.

Guest MarcusHenrique
what do you mean by "flashing a rooted boot.img with fastboot"? what boot.img did you use?

You should put your device into fastboot mode (turn it on pressing VOL DOWN + END) and then do: fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img - where: you should be at fastboot folder and boot.img should also be placed there. The problem is that you should find a rooted boot.img for you device, since all modaco content is intended for PULSE kernel version. I don't know if it'll work but you can try my boot.img attached at your own risk. It has u8220 non pulse kernel. For me it work's all except network signal.

Good luck!

EDIT: Someone said to you that the rom posted in the first thread works fine on U8230, so you are trying it right? Then you should do the steps I've told using the boot.img from update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip file. Just extract it and do the flashing step.

boot.img

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Ok, just tried it and it failed again

What I did was the following:

1. went into bootloader mode (what you called fastboot), plugged the usb and executed the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" with the boot.img from update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip

2. took off the battery and restarted the phone into recovery mode (menu + end call)

3. selected "flash zip from sdcard" > selected the update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip rom and hit green to start flashing

Flash failed again, at same spot:

Installing update...

Formatting SYSTEM:...

E:Can't format SYSTEM:

E:Failure at line 3:

format SYSTEM:

From what I can tell from the error messages, maybe it's the rom, something with the recovery image or both.

I'm thinking it's the recovery system since I keep getting the "E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log" and "E:Can't open CACHE:recovery/log" and "E:Can't find MISC:" messages everytime I do something in it.

EDIT:

what the hell! it works!?!?! LOL my android booted! it's back to the operating system! But it's not vanilla nor anything, it seems like it's the old rom! the boot flashing might've fixed the booting!

Guest MarcusHenrique
Ok, just tried it and it failed again

What I did was the following:

1. went into bootloader mode (what you called fastboot), plugged the usb and executed the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" with the boot.img from update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip

2. took off the battery and restarted the phone into recovery mode (menu + end call)

3. selected "flash zip from sdcard" > selected the update-U8230V100R001C00B250-rooted-signed.zip rom and hit green to start flashing

Flash failed again, at same spot:

Installing update...

Formatting SYSTEM:...

E:Can't format SYSTEM:

E:Failure at line 3:

format SYSTEM:

From what I can tell from the error messages, maybe it's the rom, something with the recovery image or both.

I'm thinking it's the recovery system since I keep getting the "E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log" and "E:Can't open CACHE:recovery/log" and "E:Can't find MISC:" messages everytime I do something in it.

EDIT:

what the hell! it works!?!?! LOL my android booted! it's back to the operating system! But it's not vanilla nor anything, it seems like it's the old rom! the boot flashing might've fixed the booting!

I've experienced exactly that, except that error messages only appeared when I've loaded recovery system using fastboot (it's the program, not the bootloader mode). I even had it booted into my old rom like you.

Now I don't know why you're experiencing this while in built-in recovery mode. Maybe you should try to run install-recovery-windows again. That should fix it.

Guest Ramapitecus

I've experienced exactly the same as brickedMyHuaweiU8230, he helped me to solve it.

Now I need to get an original boot.img file to get my warranty back, I have acces to brand new phone TMN A1 (HuaweiU8230) is there a way to extract the boot.img from that phone? Or even extract the entire ROM?

Thanks

PS: the best solution would be based on the U8230_U8230V100R001C75B265(Portugal_TMN).zip file, but it seems no one has it... ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest syparon

Since i have installed this rom i can't upgrade my u8230 with files in dload directory (it said: upgrade option is not detected) my SD card is not recognized HELP ME PLEASE ....

Guest syparon
Since i have installed this rom i can't upgrade my u8230 with files in dload directory (it said: upgrade option is not detected) my SD card is not recognized HELP ME PLEASE ....

NO PROBLEM JUST FORMAT YOUR SD CARD WITH AN OTHER MOBILEPHONE ANDROID

--- But i can't upgrade with the directory dload ---- (it said: upgrade failure)

Edited by syparon