AOSP 2.1 ROMS Exhange Contact (GAL) Support

Guest theintelligent

Guest theintelligent

Has anyone tried the attached GAL support?

I tried by myself but my phone is not OK ;)

Edit:

Working flawlessly with aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

CorGAL.zip

Edited by theintelligent

Has anyone tried the attached GAL support?

I tried by myself but my phone is not OK ;)

Edit:

Working flawlessly with aosp-2.1-jnwhiteh-r4.zip

Sorry for what may be a silly statement, but what is this? I'm sure if you gave more details, more people might be willing to try it.

(goes googling for a moment)

Is this some kind of 'global address book' thing for exchange server integration? I see mention of it on xda-dev for the nexus one...

Not sure what it's meant to do, or what you're asking about. I thought Hero had exchange contact syncing already, but I don't know about global address books etc.

Guest theintelligent
Sorry for what may be a silly statement, but what is this? I'm sure if you gave more details, more people might be willing to try it.

(goes googling for a moment)

Is this some kind of 'global address book' thing for exchange server integration? I see mention of it on xda-dev for the nexus one...

Not sure what it's meant to do, or what you're asking about. I thought Hero had exchange contact syncing already, but I don't know about global address books etc.

This is related to AOSP 2.1 ROMs in which Exchange Address book and Exchange Calendar functionality is not available.

This is related to AOSP 2.1 ROMs in which Exchange Address book and Exchange Calendar functionality is not available.

Thanks. Question addressed. Unfortunately I can't test as I'm on modaco, but that must be a nuisance on aosp, as I use calendar sync all the time on my hero. Guess I'll need to wait till the official release before upgrading then.

Cheers, and good to hear you got out working on at least one rom.

Guest theintelligent
Thanks. Question addressed. Unfortunately I can't test as I'm on modaco, but that must be a nuisance on aosp, as I use calendar sync all the time on my hero. Guess I'll need to wait till the official release before upgrading then.

Cheers, and good to hear you got out working on at least one rom.

Calendar Sync attached ;)

CorCAL.zip