21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DistortedLoop
Guys please help. Where is Maps application. Why is it not there? What could be the problem

And the second question is why is the Rom still ERE36B

I think that's for Market compatibility. Something about the Market and apps not installing because they don't recognize the build number as being legitimate for Nexus Ones.

Guest Formel-LMS
Thanks - can you comment on my other questions: Also, are trackball notifications working properly with color? Anything I would lose coming from cyanogen? Also, my current radio is 4.04.00.03_2. Will this change and do I want it to change when I flash?

All okay. Radio okay, trackball colours fine!

Guest Stea1thmode
All okay. Radio okay, trackball colours fine!

Formel, are you saying that you have trackball colours?

some weird sh#t going on, I have it now. LOL

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest qvert
You're on MCR for sure? Were you on CM ROM? If you were, did you wipe before flashing MCR?

yes... and i did a wipe before MCR and etc pp i know what i am doing and it's not CM related

Guest Mi|enko

Wish the kitchen had the ability to automatically cook themes into roms. . . What themes are available is my main determining factor in choosing a rom. I know most will think that makes no sense at all; however, realistically, if I'm adding apps and modifying it myself to suit my needs, they're all pretty similar in the end scheme. It'd just be nice to start with a themed base. :-)

Edited by Mi|enko

Guest tropmonky

I've been running 1.8 and noticed that the Google Navigation only says "unknown road" at the top of the screen and doesn't show the correct graphics for turns coming up... everything else seems to work in it though.

Guest monci85

I still fault the launcher and I can not use this ROM, or tried to do the wipe but nothing wrong any suggestions

Paul some advice on my mistake

Edited by monci85

Wish the kitchen had the ability to automatically cook themes into roms. . . What ROMs are available is my main determining factor in choosing a rom. I know most will think that makes no sense at all; however, realistically, if I'm adding apps and modifying it myself to suit my needs, they're all pretty similar in the end scheme. It'd just be nice to start with a themed base. :-)

It's coming! <_<

P

Guest DistortedLoop
yes... and i did a wipe before MCR and etc pp i know what i am doing and it's not CM related

I didn't mean to offend. I know what I'm doing too, but forget sometimes. I flashed A14 Desire on top of CM last night without thinking (forgot to wipe), and it was weird some of the things that were there and weren't.

Had to wipe and redo it.

Guest lmjabreu

Just wanna share these battery stats, still 17% left after 1 day 6 hours and 46 minutes.

MCR 1.9 (with normal trackball colors), latest radio (32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2), wifi always on, full brightness, a couple of google/google apps accounts, 3 hour refresh on news widget, gps on(obviously with little use).

post-618868-1268353352_thumb.png

post-618868-1268353665_thumb.png

post-618868-1268353539_thumb.png

Interesting.

Edited by lmjabreu

Great job once again. I just have two questions that are noob questions but i will ask anyway

1. When i did a wipe and installed 1.9 from the kitchen i noticed thjat my blue nexus logo on startup was gone and the blue buttonson the power widget are back to green no big deal jut wanted to make sure i didnt screw something up

2. After it installed the new rom when it came back to the recovery screen it says build ra nexus 1.5.3 and below that is says formatting the cache:...

I keep waiting for it to say done of hit track ball or something but it never does. Is that normal and should i just do a reboot, or is something wrong.

thanks guys

Guest igotnexusone

Great job once again. I just have two questions that are noob questions but i will ask anyway

1. When i did a wipe and installed 1.9 from the kitchen i noticed thjat my blue nexus logo on startup was gone and the blue buttonson the power widget are back to green no big deal jut wanted to make sure i didnt screw something up

"2. After it installed the new rom when it came back to the recovery screen it says build ra nexus 1.5.3 and below that is says formatting the cache:...

I keep waiting for it to say done of hit track ball or something but it never does. Is that normal and should i just do a reboot, or is something wrong."

Nothing wrong if you installed rom with radio update

just reboot after the formatting cache message ( even while it is still on the screen )

Guest DistortedLoop

2. After it installed the new rom when it came back to the recovery screen it says build ra nexus 1.5.3 and below that is says formatting the cache:...

I keep waiting for it to say done of hit track ball or something but it never does. Is that normal and should i just do a reboot, or is something wrong.

thanks guys

We're you on Cyanogen? He changes the startup animation and power widgets to "cyan" colored. The stock uses the rainbow colors animation and green buttons. MCR is mostly stock...

Guest commodoor

No you are right, I'm on mcr to and sometimes it charges and sometimes it gets stuck. But charging with the power supply works better than than the charging trough USB from pc/laptop. and people say its because to save your battery life but i'm not sure.

Guest commodoor
Just wanna share these battery stats, still 17% left after 1 day 6 hours and 46 minutes.

MCR 1.9 (with normal trackball colors), latest radio (32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2), wifi always on, full brightness, a couple of google/google apps accounts, 3 hour refresh on news widget, gps on(obviously with little use).

post-618868-1268353352_thumb.png

post-618868-1268353665_thumb.png

post-618868-1268353539_thumb.png

Interesting.

Nice stats, i also noticed that the screen is using the most battery, I'm not on full brightness and still uses 50% battery life i thought amoled would use less battery. After 70% it was going down hill did you do something special there?

Guest lmjabreu
Nice stats, i also noticed that the screen is using the most battery, I'm not on full brightness and still uses 50% battery life i thought amoled would use less battery. After 70% it was going down hill did you do something special there?

I woke up =P lol

It lasted 1 day 16 hours and 21 minutes, granted, I didn't make heavy use of it: couple of calls, sms, web, twitter; but still, it's far far better than with previous roms(I was on MCR 1.7 before updating to 1.9).

Edited by lmjabreu

Guest commodoor
I woke up =P lol

ok lol. yhea i wake up at 6 am so hahahha. but still i think the battery drain is huge on Nexus one. My Hero could last longer. I don't mind that so much because i have a bigger screen and a better CPU. The undervolted Kernel doesn't do anything good.

The app is "battery Graph" http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...battery-Fz.aspx

Guest commodoor
Please a solution to the green light over the dock...it's like an UFO in the room all over the night!

<_<

There is an app you can use to disable the trackball light over night, its called "led hack"

Guest teknologist
ok lol. yhea i wake up at 6 am so hahahha. but still i think the battery drain is huge on Nexus one. My Hero could last longer. I don't mind that so much because i have a bigger screen and a better CPU. The undervolted Kernel doesn't do anything good.

The app is "battery Graph" http://www.androlib.com/android.applicatio...battery-Fz.aspx

Yep the UV kernel is overrated in terms of battery saving !

I guess if it doers something it is only related to generating a bit less heat !

Lately seems Qualcomm (manufacturer of the snapdragon CPU) is modifying voltage to the lower values of UV kernels and Cyanogen is following too...

I do completely agree, apart from the "geek factor" I haven't seen anything crazy regarding battery life ! :-)

The battery usage reported by lmjabreu are completely in line with whatI have been reporting in the forums for a while now.

Nevertheless as someone pointed out here, all depends also on the mobile network quality. Also it seems with MCR 1.9 (and the new RIL) battery usage is somewhat better with new radio (ERE36B) than it used to be before! :-)