21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ENDRI

I baked the rom.

Those are the problem I had and how I solved it:

1. The IME didn't work... process crack down. I solve it with Lidia app manager updating the app with the new version. Work nice. Only thing I'd like to turn the vibration feedback off, How can I?

2. Maps (I am in Italy). I just erease it via app manager in settings and download it from the market. Works fine.

Looking forward to the Sense UI as soon as it's stable!

bye

Guest hah2110

Is anyone else having DST problems? All my calendar events were whacked out and, for some reason, Eastern is displayed as (-4) in the time settings which I think is making things worse.

Guest krohnjw
Is anyone else having DST problems? All my calendar events were whacked out and, for some reason, Eastern is displayed as (-4) in the time settings which I think is making things worse.

EST is GMT -4 currently.

I don't see to have any current problems with DST (Calendar appointments all look correct).

Edited by krohnjw

Guest MingoChang
I baked the rom.

Those are the problem I had and how I solved it:

1. The IME didn't work... process crack down. I solve it with Lidia app manager updating the app with the new version. Work nice. Only thing I'd like to turn the vibration feedback off, How can I?

2. Maps (I am in Italy). I just erease it via app manager in settings and download it from the market. Works fine.

Looking forward to the Sense UI as soon as it's stable!

bye

The vibration function is provided by "Clicker.apk", so you should have updated the Clicker.apk as well.

Maps works well here in China mainland.

Guest hah2110
EST is GMT -4 currently.

I don't see to have any current problems with DST (Calendar appointments all look correct).

But when I use "network time" it switches to Central and GMT -5:00. Why wouldn't EST be -5?. If I switch it to -4, the time advances an hour.

But when I use "network time" it switches to Central and GMT -5:00. Why wouldn't EST be -5?. If I switch it to -4, the time advances an hour.
Same thing happened to me. I'm in eastern time and setting to network time put me in central. I just disabled network time and chose eastern timezone. I'm using the desire rom btw, so maybe the issue is tmobile?

Guest krohnjw

Well, due to Daylight Savings time Central is now GMT-5 and Eastern is GMT-4.

GMT does not change, our relation to GMT does change when we change time. For added confusion the US now changes earlier than other countries as well so there's a ~ 2 week period during which the time offset between London and NY for example is 4 hours instead of 5 (London goes from GMT to GMT+1) - after London changes time it will go back to a 5 hour differential.

Network time should put you on eastern (GMT-4) if you are on eastern time.

Guest DistortedLoop
Cant find anyway to turn the vibe off on IME. Help please..

Settings

Language and Keyboard

Touch Input (settings)

Text Input

Scroll down to Vibrate When Typing.

Is that what you were looking for? It is kind of oddly located.

Guest piflechien

Hello Paul.

I have an issue with bluetooth and A2DP. When playing music and turning the screen on, the music stops for half a second. And this happens everytime i turn the screen on. Maybe it has someting to do with the undervolted cpu ?

Guest ENDRI
Settings

Language and Keyboard

Touch Input (settings)

Text Input

Scroll down to Vibrate When Typing.

Is that what you were looking for? It is kind of oddly located.

THX THX THX!!!

Guest bigwh00p
Hello Paul.

I have an issue with bluetooth and A2DP. When playing music and turning the screen on, the music stops for half a second. And this happens everytime i turn the screen on. Maybe it has someting to do with the undervolted cpu ?

I'm experiencing this same issue as well.

Guest tokyomonster

When my phone boots up(into the actual OS and after the splash screens), I plug in usb, or I go to turn it down, it plays a real annoying generic beeping noise...any way I can remove this?

Guest tropmonky
I actually baked an update without maps and then installed maps from the market - seems to be working fine.

Sweet, thanks!

Paul, may want to add a note in the first page regarding this for USA people...

HTC Sense Live Wallpaper coming to the kitchen tomorrow! :)

Woot! Nice! I'll wait for that before I re-flash without Google Maps baked in. sweeeet

Edited by tropmonky

Guest AdziE

Hi all just join this forum... just install this ROM but when I try to install google earth still installed in internal memory.. how to activate a2sd...

Edited by AdziE

Version 2.0 now online! :)

P

Changelog

• Added Sense UI Live Wallpaper (thanks Stericson + secret source!)
  • Updated HTC IME to jonasl's version 16, made optional in kitchen
  • Updated Titanium Backup
  • Reverted Maps to stock version - for non US navigation check out Brut's patched version.
  • Made Calculator optional in the kitchen
  • Removed Google Gesture Search (as it is now available in all territories)
  • Added Trackball notification options to the kitchen

Guest Thetechnogeek
LOVE the Sense Live WP. Very chill! Thanks Paul.

Very nice, thanks Paul. I have the usual keyboard issue when cooking with no voice features, but I can live with adding one or two back!

One other issue I have is the news and weather widget- I only get US-based news and have set my locale correctly (UK). In fact, in the "news settings, select news topics", if I select U.K, I end up getting US shown in the actual news. This worked OK on stock. Any ideas on how to fix?

Other than that, great stuff!

Guest Thetechnogeek
The news problem is a Google problem i'm told!

re: the keyboard problem, will check that out now! :)

P

Just cooked again, including only the voice search feature. Keyboard is back. Looks like you need at least 1 voice feature to have the stock keyboard appear?