21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul,

Thanks for all this, I flashed the ere27 with superboot/himem and I can't seem to get SU or any root access for applications, has this happened B4

Check 'USB debugging' is enabled in Settings -> Applications -> Development.

P

Guest AndyCr15

Hmm, I flashed to this ROM yesterday, no wipe, no back to boot, thought I would just try... and all was fine. Now I'm trying to flash it with Apss2SD, but it seems to hang on the colours splashing in. Well, I say hang, it sits there for 10+ mins with the colours splashing in. I've had this before on a ROM change, but I just pulled the battery and rebooted and it worked. This time, 3 times I waited 10 minutes, no joy ;)

I'm wondering if I have to backup the SD card, wipe the phone, reformat SD and then flash... I hope not though :D

Guest AndyCr15

One of the first things that has come up, while on the initial screen with the lock on the bottom -

Damn... it went before I could copy it. Does the log get saved somewhere? It was something about a2sd not having permission for something...

Guest AndyCr15

Hmm, it's still doing things... am I looking for anything in particular? I don't see any errors.

**EDIT** In fact, here is the initial error (I pulled the battery as I think it was looping)

post-126170-1265794961_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyCr15

Guest stormryder

noob here with a completely stock nexus one (not rooted, ERE27 applied)... just baked a ROM from the kitchen and wondering how to go about flashing it. do i need to root first?

not totally new to android... had a rooted Hero with Cyanogen before so i am familiar with the process... would be glad if somebody could point me in the right direction... thanks... ;)

Guest AndyCr15
Do that after the phone has started booting...

You could also try a new kitchen build, where i've fixed that permissions issue!

Okay, thanks. The ROM I'm using is from 9am today, you've fixed it since then?

Guest AndyCr15
Hmmm, try doing this from adb...

adb remount

adb chmod 4755 /system/xbin/e2fsck

P

Ok, so, using the latest ROM now, when I turn on, as soon as it lets me 'adb remount' I then do 'adb chmod 4755 /system/xbin/e2fsck' but it returns a big long list of commands I can run, as if this isn't a correct command?

It then appears to go back into the loop ;)

If it helps, attached is a clip of it. I recognise the tethered bit, followed by gangwars and weather. I see that going by on a loop....

post-126170-1265803234_thumb.jpg

I have just fixed a problem with the ROM whereby wireless tether wouldn't assign an IP address. I will fix this in the prebaked images shortly.

P

Hi, Paul.

Your rom is sooooo fast, and stable.

but unfortunely, wireless tether is necessary for me.

Thank's for your incredible job.

Guest dscottjr81

For whatever reason I am not able to load this rom onto my phone it just loops and Im clueless as to why. I am able load ERE27 stock and flash beta2 of 1.5 and even over it, but cannot load 1.5 since its out of beta. If im am doing something wrong or didnt do something please give suggesstions. By the way I have wiped many times and still to no avail. I've also downloaded it more than once and flashed. Thanks

Well I got it working by redownloading and subtracting apps2sd. Will that be fixed? Tganks

Edited by dscottjr81

Guest AndyCr15
Hmmm, you've not got the bit where it's crashing in that screencap! ;)

There's no actual crash, it just loops. That's what I'm showing in the screenie, what it seems to just loop through. What do you want, the first message about denied access and then something about A2SD beginning to work?

Edited by AndyCr15

I have just fixed a problem with the ROM whereby wireless tether wouldn't assign an IP address. I will fix this in the prebaked images shortly.

I just downloaded the baked rom again, but wireless tethering still can't work..... ;)