Guest disc0

Guest designgears
hmm

what if we compile one single email here

then put it in a new thread

then request that everyone send that email to acer

how does that sound?

Sounds like a great idea ;)

What kind of connections do you have with acer? I noticed you are the one who posted the source links on here.

ALSO, I noticed something interesting in the source download link.

Is that same as this number?

ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1.bin

Does that mean we have the source to build ACER_Liquid_2.000.27_EMEA_GEN1.bin? Does that possibly mean it's unstable and won't compile?

Edited by designgears

Guest maxisma

What kind of connections do you have with acer? I noticed you are the one who posted the source links on here.

Does that mean we have the source to build ACER_Liquid_2.000.27_EMEA_GEN1.bin? Does that possibly mean it's unstable and won't compile?

interesting.. But they should give us a stable one!

The EMEA_27 is present in the end of all links in the download section of acer download portal, even other devices.. They gave us the source of some early versions of liquid, when probably the liquid didn't even had a shape of a phone, and was only a damm board!

Edited by disc0

Guest designgears

Wow, the kernel source was PACKAGED 10/29/2009... why did they give us old non-working code?

EDIT:::

I also managed to dig up a few emails of Acer employees that worked on the kernel, 8 of them to be exact.

I won't post them, we don't need everyone sending emails to these guys, we need to get together a good email and send it to them.

Edited by designgears

Guest maxisma
Wow, the kernel source was PACKAGED 10/29/2009... why did they give us old non-working code?

EDIT:::

I also managed to dig up a few emails of Acer employees that worked on the kernel, 8 of them to be exact.

I won't post them, we don't need everyone sending emails to these guys, we need to get together a good email and send it to them.

WTF that was even before the release date, wasn't it?

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...r/#entry1182078

Let's compose..

Guest behnaam
WTF that was even before the release date, wasn't it?

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...r/#entry1182078

Let's compose..

Not to sound like a asshole or something, but they wont give a s*** about us sending emails to them, lets face it, they did this with full knowledge of that nobody could compile a working kernel from that source, and their intentions were to not give us a chance to do this. So even if we send it to the kernel devs at acer, they dont have permission from the manager team to give you a answer to those questions.

Not to sound like a asshole or something, but they wont give a s*** about us sending emails to them, lets face it, they did this with full knowledge of that nobody could compile a working kernel from that source, and their intentions were to not give us a chance to do this. So even if we send it to the kernel devs at acer, they dont have permission from the manager team to give you a answer to those questions.

Not to sound like an asshole but you know this because? Do you work at Acer? Do you know how the company works internally? I just don't understand the "give up" attitude. Sending few emails isn't a big deal. If it results in nothing, then so be it, but it sure thing isn't worth giving up just because you think it will not make a difference.

Guest behnaam
Not to sound like an asshole but you know this because? Do you work at Acer? Do you know how the company works internally? I just don't understand the "give up" attitude. Sending few emails isn't a big deal. If it results in nothing, then so be it, but it sure thing isn't worth giving up just because you think it will not make a difference.

How do u know I dont? Even if I did, I say this as a normal human being. its not a give up attitude its just straight forward fact, and the sooner u realise this the less dissapointed u will be

How do u know I dont? Even if I did, I say this as a normal human being. its not a give up attitude its just straight forward fact, and the sooner u realise this the less dissapointed u will be

Okey, so now it's a fact? Right.

I am not disappointed, and I won't be, because I don't except anything from Acer. I consider it a bonus if they release a working kernel. I didn't buy this phone for a kernel. I bought it because it was the best phone available at the time.

PS. I'm not saying you don't work for Acer, but I can argument that you might not. Two reasons: 1) You could afford to buy your own phone, 2) Acer would give you one. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but if you're going to state something here, please be prepared to argument your claims.

Okey, so now it's a fact? Right.

I am not disappointed, and I won't be, because I don't except anything from Acer. I consider it a bonus if they release a working kernel. I didn't buy this phone for a kernel. I bought it because it was the best phone available at the time.

PS. I'm not saying you don't work for Acer, but I can argument that you might not. Two reasons: 1) You could afford to buy your own phone, 2) Acer would give you one. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but if you're going to state something here, please be prepared to argument your claims.

People, stop that.. This is pointless, the kernel (or a working kernel) will not magically appear if we start arguing with each others..

Lets bring all eforts to make what we have to work, please :\ ..

Currently I'm trying to find why smem_alloc gives so many erros, I think it has some bug on it and can't find it! The file in question is smd.c (smd_private.h) in arch/arm/mach-msm.

It returns the wrong size most of the time. What I've seen is that it gets the size from a shared adress in RAM, maybe a memory violation, but its almost impossible to track it down :| ..

Sorry for being overly n00bish when it comes to android.

Why isn't it possible to grab the nexus one source and replace some drivers with the drivers in the acer source? Even if its android 1.6/2.1 its still a 2.6 linux kernel right, so the driver interface is the same?

Guest behnaam

So u didnt even understand what I meant, I said what if I did? not that I do... and if u dont care about kernel when u bought it how come u want to compose a mail to them asking for one now?

Sorry for being overly n00bish when it comes to android.

Why isn't it possible to grab the nexus one source and replace some drivers with the drivers in the acer source? Even if its android 1.6/2.1 its still a 2.6 linux kernel right, so the driver interface is the same?

Its not that easy, unfortunately :\ .. The source is widely edited from device to device.. And being different version of android, many things would differ too :\ ..

Edited by disc0

Guest Down to earth Swede

It should be in every interest of acer to have the phone updated and open in every sense so that it can compete with the Nexus One.

Seriously, it really is the same basic hardware: Same processor and screen resolution so all the basics are there to make it a really cheap alternative to it for half the price (In Sweden it really is lower than half the price of a Nexus One).

So if it is up to date with Android 2.1, multi-touch and a sense-like interface it would be a real killer for Acer.

Yes some parts of it is inferior, like possibly the touchscreen, the plastic shell, less RAM and the viewing angle of the screen. But for the normal geek this wouldn't be a problem at all since we would save a lot of money.

Guess this is the reason why The Liquid thread is the second most popular one behind HTC Hero, which is surprising since it has only been out since the middle of December. It's the poor Geeks choice of a Nexus One-like phone...

Hell it's this type of message we should give to Acer, since they don't seem to realize this simple fact!

Edited by Down to earth Swede

As i said to acer,we need only 1 thing:the full and working kernel..in support they are developing lot of roms also if in test,but this mean that they are working in liquid so....wake up acer! And make us happy

WTF are programmers of liquid doing?? Do they even know what they are doing?

I found this comment in one driver that acer copied and edited to mach the liquid's hardware

* Theres something in the FIFO.

* Are we expecting data or flush crap?

At least reading the source made me laugh a little :x

Edited by disc0

Guest Down to earth Swede
As i said to acer,we need only 1 thing:the full and working kernel..in support they are developing lot of roms also if in test,but this mean that they are working in liquid so....wake up acer! And make us happy

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the missing parts:

1. Hardware drivers for android 2.x

and

2. Complete source for android 2.x, perhaps 2.1, including the config file and anything extra specifically added to the acer source(which is allowed in the Apache license, which is different from how a GNU license is handled where everything must be included).

IF this is correct, any signs of leaked evidence of them working on these updates and not just the ROMS.

Or, if they released the full 1.6 source, would it then still be possible to use this information to combine it with the official 2.1 source to make a build that would work on the Acer? Wouldn't new device drivers be needed? Otherwise, wouldn't a complete source of the (1.6 + "evertything Acer added") be pointless?

Edited by Down to earth Swede

WTF are programmers of liquid doing?? Do they even know what they are doing?

I found this comment in one driver that acer copied and edited to mach the liquid's hardware

* Theres something in the FIFO.

* Are we expecting data or flush crap?

At least reading the source made me laugh a little :x

Working as a developer myself, I must say that this was nothing compared to the things I write in the code.

I am glad nobody outside the company are allowed to read the code :-P

Working as a developer myself, I must say that this was nothing compared to the things I write in the code.

I am glad nobody outside the company are allowed to read the code :-P

They must forgot to delete those comments.. Its for them to learn and don't release something that must not been released, and release the correct source! :S

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT WORKING!

I GOT EVERY F**KING THING F**KING WORKING!

edit:

Guess is not everythinh, but got camera and hardware buttons to work

Wifi and Gps not quite yet!

Edited by disc0

Guest CedricGatay
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT WORKING!

I GOT EVERY F**KING THING F**KING WORKING!

edit:

Guess is not everythinh, but got camera and hardware buttons to work

Wifi and Gps not quite yet!

Good work disc0 just a few things are we're done ;)