Liquid Kernel Source Build

Guest disc0

There is still some anoying bugs in the code.. But now I have the confirmation that this is not the proper kernel source! This is the source for old testing devices (or they were really really mean and changed some things in some files on purpose to make the kernel not run properly :S).. There are some other addresses that are not correct, but I cannot magically guess them that easily :\ ..

Edited by disc0

There is still some anoying bugs in the code.. But now I have the confirmation that this is not the proper kernel source! This is the source for old testing devices (or they were really really mean and changed some things in some files on purpose to make the kernel not run properly :S).. There are some other addresses that are not correct, but I cannot magically guess them that easily :\ ..

hats off to you sir.... im glad to have you dedicating so much time to this, i wish i was more help but unfortunately owning 2 small corps and being tax season and horrible year sales wise in michigan i have my hands full ;) so i am much appreciatd of your work please keep it up I for one have full faith in this device besides being stuck in an att&t location in the us and seeing the s*** phones they will release for android some time this year it is obvioulsy my only choice :D

Disc0 you are the best!!!!! Only 2 thing and we can start cooking seriousuly!! Nice man

Actually GPS was working, I couldn't have a single satellite lock because was insede home :D hehe.. Just wifi to go, but still struggling to get it working, I'm always getting unknown status error :\ ..

hats off to you sir.... im glad to have you dedicating so much time to this, i wish i was more help but unfortunately owning 2 small corps and being tax season and horrible year sales wise in michigan i have my hands full ;) so i am much appreciatd of your work please keep it up I for one have full faith in this device besides being stuck in an att&t location in the us and seeing the s*** phones they will release for android some time this year it is obvioulsy my only choice :(

Thanks (:

Edited by disc0

Guest designgears
Actually GPS was working, I couldn't have a single satellite lock because was insede home ;) hehe.. Just wifi to go, but still struggling to get it working, I'm always getting unknown status error :\ ..

Thanks (:

Nicely done! Lets hope this code is not as out dated as I think it is.

Good work disc0! ;)

Can you post a dmesg of the booting kernel? Or maybe the binary. I made a script to compare functions inside the kernel, so I could check out if we are missing something compared to the 2.000.16 kernel.

So u didnt even understand what I meant, I said what if I did? not that I do... and if u dont care about kernel when u bought it how come u want to compose a mail to them asking for one now?

I didn't say I don't care about the kernel :D I said I don't except a kernel from Acer. Anyway, like disc0 said, this isn't helping anything. So, we agree to disagree and let's not pollute the topic anymore ;)

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IT WORKING!

I GOT EVERY F**KING THING F**KING WORKING!

edit:

Guess is not everythinh, but got camera and hardware buttons to work

Wifi and Gps not quite yet!

Great work disc0! If you accept donation please let me know you paypal address, i would like to give you a little ;)

Nice work disc0..

Dumb question did you compile the wlan.ko against the kernel source?

The problem is that the driver is named dhd.ko and can't find its source anywhere :s .. I really want to recompile it!

The problem is that the driver is named dhd.ko and can't find its source anywhere :s .. I really want to recompile it!

in the web are some to download of dhd.ko.. are all the same or change to device in device?

in the web are some to download of dhd.ko.. are all the same or change to device in device?

not really, have you found the source?

So, acer didn't release the source for the wireless module !?

Edited by disc0

Guest snoopy33
not really, have you found the source?

So, acer didn't release the source for the wireless module !?

Don t know if it s the same but on http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/source/checkout there is a dhd.ko (that s source for motorola cliq wifi chipset)....

I say that because of this : http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...s/detail?id=215

++

Don t know if it s the same but on http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/source/checkout there is a dhd.ko (that s source for motorola cliq wifi chipset)....

I say that because of this : http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...s/detail?id=215

++

I've seen the second link but didnt knew the first, I'll take a look into it.. Thanks (;

a little search on the web reveals that the driver is used in many phones, so maybe you could merge the source drivers from other phone and compile the kernel

a little search on the web reveals that the driver is used in many phones, so maybe you could merge the source drivers from other phone and compile the kernel

what is it this?

http://github.com/loxK/android_vendor_comm...5e69e14#diff-42

seems that are concerning something with liquid

in particular

http://github.com/loxK/android_vendor_comm...4/liquid/dhd.ko

and the attached file containng liquid directory with dhd.ko file! hope it will be an help

loxK_android_vendor_community_32af109.rar

Edited by erto90

I've seen the second link but didnt knew the first, I'll take a look into it.. Thanks (;

Don't seem to find any reference to dhd.ko in the source :\

I know, but didn't find the source yet :|

I've modified the kernel to accept modules not compiled from the same source, so, for now it would work (:

In fact, acer did compiled wifi module from this source, so, should not be any problem! It too opens security holes, but for now it will work..

Wifi is working (: ..

what is it this?

http://github.com/loxK/android_vendor_comm...5e69e14#diff-42

seems that are concerning something with liquid

in particular

http://github.com/loxK/android_vendor_comm...4/liquid/dhd.ko

and the attached file containng liquid directory with dhd.ko file! hope it will be an help

Well, guess we would have ASOP now (: ..

Problem is that the dhd.ko is not the source but the compiled module :\ ..

Well, guess we would have ASOP now (: ..

Problem is that the dhd.ko is not the source but the compiled module :\ ..

ah sorry^^ hen now is all working? however ion attacched file there is the liquid directory... take a look

tried porting of multitouch?

Edited by erto90

ah sorry^^ hen now is all working? however ion attacched file there is the liquid directory... take a look

Yeah, I've seen, think that permits android 2.0 to be built for liquid (: .. Although its in "work in progress" in their page..

This is stupid funny:

<4>[ 1743.092806] Dongle Host Driver, version 4.217.34.0

<4>[ 1743.092819] Compiled in /home/craig/Wifi_Drivers/4.217.34/open-src/src/dhd/linux/../.. on Nov 9 2009 at 12:34:41

If Mr craig is some worker from acer, I guess he don't knows what open source means.. Because the wifi module was not published by them!

Yeah, I've seen, think that permits android 2.0 to be built for liquid (: .. Although its in "work in progress" in their page..

This is stupid funny:

<4>[ 1743.092806] Dongle Host Driver, version 4.217.34.0

<4>[ 1743.092819] Compiled in /home/craig/Wifi_Drivers/4.217.34/open-src/src/dhd/linux/../.. on Nov 9 2009 at 12:34:41

If Mr craig is some worker from acer, I guess he don't knows what open source means.. Because the wifi module was not published by them!

i'm not following you^^ what you mean? is a good thing?