Liquid Kernel Source Build

Guest disc0

i'm not following you^^ what you mean? is a good thing?

Thats a message caught from dmesg, that says the path were the module was compiled, and funny, the path as open-src in the name! And even more funny, there is no dhd source released by acer..

Regarding to the multitouch, I guess that kernel would need to support it first...

Thats a message caught from dmesg, that says the path were the module was compiled, and funny, the path as open-src in the name! And even more funny, there is no dhd source released by acer..

Regarding to the multitouch, I guess that kernel would need to support it first...

yes,but i meaning trying a port of different driver,like synapsics ( or which is the name) as htc has done on htc hero

yes,but i meaning trying a port of different driver,like synapsics ( or which is the name) as htc has done on htc hero

Yeah, I will try to do it soon, now I'm trying to get a full working kernel..

Well, as the wifi chip is a combo of Bluethooth+wifi+FM radio (not enabled in our liquid), we can't have his source, because it seems is proprietary :\ .. FM radio could not be enabled at all..

We could try some other android phone module that has the same chip (BCM4325) and radio enabled, but guess would not be that easy..

Edited by disc0

We could try some other android phone module that has the same chip (BCM4325) and radio enabled, but guess would not be that easy..

motorola cliq, nexus one...

Guest amdnikos

Well, as the wifi chip is a combo of Bluethooth+wifi+FM radio (not enabled in our liquid), we can't have his source, because it seems is proprietary :\ .. FM radio could not be enabled at all..

Motorolla milestone use the same compo chip too,and i am almost sure that its already out a fix for radio.But imho screw radio atm and keep up the good job on compiling an eclair or an aosp donut rom.

Don't seem to find any reference to dhd.ko in the source :\

I know, but didn't find the source yet :|

I've modified the kernel to accept modules not compiled from the same source, so, for now it would work (:

In fact, acer did compiled wifi module from this source, so, should not be any problem! It too opens security holes, but for now it will work..

Wifi is working (: ..

I'm not sure, but I think this is the source for the dhd driver.

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...;a=tree;hb=HEAD

I'm not sure, but I think this is the source for the dhd driver.

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...;a=tree;hb=HEAD

Yep! It could be! They are packaged as for bcm4329 but in the code there are some occurrence of 4325.

Version of these driver is: "4.218.161.0" (instead of 4.217.34)

disc0, you are the expter, what do you think about this? (:

Having a newer version of this driver can improve stability/performances of wifi/bt and enable fm radio? (:

Edited by Ricky`

Yep! It could be! They are packaged as for bcm4329 but in the code there are some occurrence of 4325.

Having a newer version of this driver can improve stability/performances of wifi/bt and enable fm radio? (:

I'll give it a try later .. Thanks people (:

There is a tree for 4329 and something else (which i think should work for 4325), actually 4329 was added last according to:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...m.git;a=summary

I think src is the tree for 4325 and bcm4329 is ofcouse for 4329 ;)

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...dcom.git;a=tree

Guest behnaam
fm radio atm is the last problem! now try to compile an aosp right?

Lol thats a really stupid thing to say since kernel source doesnt have anything to do with AOSP and wont help us to run aosp build in any way, so stop those kind of requests in these threads

If everything "normal" works out, including wifi, camera, gps, accelerometer a.s.o, the FM-Radio is no problem and I think that majority of the people in here agree that FM-radio is of no high importance right now to get a working custom kernel.

You are doing a great work on this! I hope I would have the same time as you for this, but working to much for having any free time of hacking.

I hope you feel proud over your work, since this will open up for alot of development on our device.

When the kernel-source is complete and fully working without bugs, somebody can finally start to map out the driver-changes needed for getting a working 2.x-port of the Android system to work.

Are all drivers currently available in the source (except the once you just mentioned), or are there other binary-only or not released drivers that are stalling the development?

Thanks again for your work disc0!!

There is a tree for 4329 and something else (which i think should work for 4325), actually 4329 was added last according to:

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...m.git;a=summary

I think src is the tree for 4325 and bcm4329 is ofcouse for 4329 ;)

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...dcom.git;a=tree

I'm taking a look in it now (:

If everything "normal" works out, including wifi, camera, gps, accelerometer a.s.o, the FM-Radio is no problem and I think that majority of the people in here agree that FM-radio is of no high importance right now to get a working custom kernel.

You are doing a great work on this! I hope I would have the same time as you for this, but working to much for having any free time of hacking.

I hope you feel proud over your work, since this will open up for alot of development on our device.

When the kernel-source is complete and fully working without bugs, somebody can finally start to map out the driver-changes needed for getting a working 2.x-port of the Android system to work.

Are all drivers currently available in the source (except the once you just mentioned), or are there other binary-only or not released drivers that are stalling the development?

Thanks again for your work disc0!!

I think only wifi is missing (:

Wich version of android are you testing? ;)

1.6 .. Android 1.6 does not have native multi touch, but there is some things that can be done to achieve it .. I'm using the aproach that lukehutch used to have multi-touch on G1 ..

disc0, do you have a twitter account?

finally, is wifi working or not?

Yes I do, but don't rarely use it..

so disc0, is MT working ?

Kind of, as I said, its not native multitouch. Only compatible apps would work..

I tested pinch zoom in two apps and are working succefully (: .. Only some things to do first to make it a more usable ..

Guest CedricGatay
Kind of, as I said, its not native multitouch. Only compatible apps would work..

I tested pinch zoom in two apps and are working succefully (: .. Only some things to do first to make it a more usable ..

Congratulations for your work disc0 !! ;)

We approach a fully useable custom built kernel !

Guest Seth Cold

the most important uses for multitouch are in browser, maps and gallery ;)