Liquid Kernel Source Build

Guest disc0

the most important uses for multitouch are in browser, maps and gallery ;)

Google maps think would not be possible, as the source is not available :\ .. The others lets see what I can do.. First, I'll try to get the multi touch working properly.

niiice disc0 compliments!! but to enable it the only way is to flash a new rom or there is the possibilities to enable in our using rom?

Simple boot.img change and installing new apps would solve it (: ..

wow!! remember to increase at maximum the sensibility ( response?) of the touch is really important!!

Don't think that would be possible in the driver how is.. The best we can do is use the screen sensitivity in High on the android settings :\ ..

Don't think that would be possible in the driver how is.. The best we can do is use the screen sensitivity in High on the android settings :\ ..

but is the same as wich rom? 1.002.05 or new leaked 2?

but is the same as witch rom? 1.002.05 or new leaked 2?

Well, I cannot really say because I don't now if acer did change (and if they did, what) the touch screen driver in the kernel.. I hope that what they changed was something in the android system itself.. If this is true, the sensitivity will be the same, if not, I would need the source code of the new driver (witch acer didn't release) :\ .. BTW, the driver only collects the registers of the touch screen from the hardware, and that, they cannot change without changing the touch screen (removing and putting a new panel), so, the values that the touch screen publishes will be the same in the life of the phone, independent of witch system/software/OS it has! What can be done, is track/monitor the movement and try to guess where the user did want the touch to be made, and I don't think that is a good thing to be done in the driver itself, because would require much more cpu usage.. So hope that acer only "improved" the sensibility in the applications that needs it (keyboard for example)!

Edited by disc0

Well, I cannot really say because I don't now if acer did change (and if they did, what) the touch screen driver in the kernel.. I hope that what they changed was something in the android system itself.. If this is true, the sensitivity will be the same, if not, I would need the source code of the new driver (witch acer didn't release) :\ .. BTW, the driver only collects the registers of the touch screen from the hardware, and that, they cannot change without changing the touch screen (removing and putting a new panel), so, the values that the touch screen publishes will be the same in the life of the phone, independent of witch system/software/OS it has! What can be done, is track/monitor the movement and try to guess where the user did want the touch to be made, and I don't think that is a good thing to be done in the driver itself, because would require much more cpu usage.. So hope that acer only "improved" the sensibility in the applications that needs it (keyboard for example)!

ok, i hope!!

ok very happy for multitouch! wich application handle it?

For now. only a test application, but I'll try to implement in others (that have open source of corse)..

@disc0 Are you planning to release a whole rom or just the kernel ?

To tell you the truth I have some ideias I would like to see.. I would like to relase a stable platform that every one could use.. Working kernel with a stable base rom

so every modder can add their themes and everything else on top..

We can hope on both :-)

But multitouch will be implemented by a boot.img or we need to reflash rom from 0?

To test the multitouch you would only need two things, the new kernel and an app that supports multitouch.. So, to start, you will only need the boot.img and the app that can be send with adb push ...

Edited by disc0

Guest drigerott
For now. only a test application, but I'll try to implement in others (that have open source of corse)..

To tell you the truth I have some ideias I would like to see.. I would like to relase a stable platform that every one could use.. Working kernel with a stable base rom

so every modder can add their themes and everything else on top..

To test the multitouch you would only need two things, the new kernel and an app that supports multitouch.. So, to start, you will only need the boot.img and the app that can be send with adb push ...

very nice disc0..... very very good work.... if you need someone to test you work just pm ;)

take youre time to dev....you are fantastic :D

very nice disc0..... very very good work.... if you need someone to test you work just pm ;)

take youre time to dev....you are fantastic :D

Ok, finnally I got a working multi touch environment (: .. Now, I'll try to implement it in some app and release a test version..