Can our machine flash to windows mobile?

Guest andro1d

Guest andro1d

sorry 4 my bad english, ;) i'm a android newer, :( A few days ago, i found a news said that one se x1 flashed to android system ,i consider that can our machine falsh to wm system? i used to use moto a3100 , the wm 6.5 is as batter as android , can anyone tell me ur answer? thanx very much! :D

if we can choose the system(wm/android) to boot on our A1, i think it's very awesome in so much gphones! of course,it's very hard!

Edited by andro1d

Guest g4rb4g3
sorry 4 my bad english, ;) i'm a android newer, :( A few days ago, i fund a news said that one se x1 flashed to android system ,i consider that can our machine falsh to wm system? i used to use moto a3100 , the wm 6.5 is as batter as android , can anyone tell me ur answer? thanx very much! :D

And afterwards port Windows 7 64 Bit to the phone!!!!!1111eleven

WM won't work since we don't have drivers for our phone.

Guest andro1d
And afterwards port Windows 7 64 Bit to the phone!!!!!1111eleven

WM won't work since we don't have drivers for our phone.

;) That is to say the Acer Liquid Kernel Source is not enough for our great developers~ we still need the drivers of our a1...

Edited by andro1d

Guest three_pineapples

The Acer liquid has very similar hardware to the Acer F1 (i think) which runs windows mobile....So it could make porting drivers over easier! I think the biggest challenge would be getting it to boot correctly in the first place, but then i don't really know much about how that works :D

The question is, why would you buy an Acer Liquid (A1) and want windows mobile when you could just buy a Acer F1? ;)

Edited by three_pineapples

The Acer liquid has very similar hardware to the Acer F1 (i think) which runs windows mobile....So it could make porting drivers over easier! I think the biggest challenge would be getting it to boot correctly in the first place, but then i don't really know much about how that works :D

The question is, why would you buy an Acer Liquid (A1) and want windows mobile when you could just buy a Acer F1? ;)

is this the reason why acer doesn't want to release the full kernal??

since if they do , people can easily port windows 6.5 from f1 to a1, or a1 android on f1

and again i know nothing about developing a software, just some guesses

Guest liquid_it
is this the reason why acer doesn't want to release the full kernal??

since if they do , people can easily port windows 6.5 from f1 to a1, or a1 android on f1

and again i know nothing about developing a software, just some guesses

not really.. "kernel" we talk about here is the android kernel, the source code is the code of the o.s. that runs on Liquid.

Windows (mobile or not) is a totally different o.s., with its own kernel which is not (and never will be) open source, so you can't "port" windows to another platform, you can try to make it boot, somehow, and try to write or hack drivers to make all hardware work..

Edited by liquid_it

Guest lucian785

Till now nobody has succeed to port WM on a android or linux device ( to my knowledge). If you want WM, buy a phone with WM and soft reset WM 3, 4 TIMES A DAY and believe me i use to have like 30 devices with WM till now. Toshiba - e310, HP - 6150, 1940, 6915, 310, 6818, Acer - n311, Asus - p535, p565, Htc - P6300, Touch, diamond, hd, 9100, p3300, p3600, s100,Palm- treo 500v, Toshiba - tg01, Samsung - i900, i320, SE - Xperia X1, Motorola - mpx200,....

by the way the first device that i've flashed was a moto mxp200, 6 years ago...with a rom from Modaco ;)

Edited by lucian785

Toshiba - e310, HP - 6150, 1940, 6915, 310, 6818, Acer - n311, Asus - p535, p565, Htc - P6300, Touch, diamond, hd, 9100, p3300, p3600, s100,Palm- treo 500v, Toshiba - tg01, Samsung - i900, i320, SE - Xperia X1, Motorola - mpx200,....

by the way the first device that i've flashed was a moto mxp200, 6 years ago...with a rom from Modaco ;)

I have only owned HTC Wings and flashed it to WM 6.1. I didn't soft reset it 2-3 times a day, but I reseted it at least 5 times as much as I now do with my Liquid in the same time span.

Guest andro1d
Trispect - brilliant post!

It's ok everyone. I'm sure he's only joking... aren't cha "andro1d". You are, aren't cha?

thanku for your response.. .:(

but, :(sorry ,i'm not only joking, it's just a little Thought ;) because of my bad english , i'can't express my thought complete and detailed .so i'm very sad about this,maybe i should learn english batter ,then come back... :D

i'm a java web developer but din't konw more about the linux system than everyone,so may be i'm wrong on this discussion. :D

what i want konw is the Possibility of our A1 boot from wm6.5...even7? Whether now or future :D

Guest andro1d
very hard this port,if not impossible! never seen one before.. but why you think wm is better than android??

wm always use the resistive touchscreen,it support the preciser touch operation~

wm can paly more vedio format, rm rmvb avi..etc but the android ,,,

if the wm runs on a device with a high configuration, it runs well~what about hd2(htc) you think?

Guest andro1d
You like WM more than Android ? :( You are the only one in the world that does that!

Yeah...

no,no, i like both of tham. :D

I just want to say they have their own advantages

so i wish our a1 could support booting from one of tham one day~~ ;)

Guest designgears
wm always use the resistive touchscreen,it support the preciser touch operation~

wm can paly more vedio format, rm rmvb avi..etc but the android ,,,

if the wm runs on a device with a high configuration, it runs well~what about hd2(htc) you think?

Did he really just mention rmvb.... bahahahaha... that just made my day.

Andriod > dirt > winmo

Edited by designgears

Guest navygino
no,no, i like both of tham. :D

I just want to say they have their own advantages

so i wish our a1 could support booting from one of tham one day~~ ;)

um.......it is very difficult..........at this moment.....

even not too easy to port WM to Android but as least we have HaRET................