Interesting benchmark

Guest Subslider

Guest Subslider

Interesting review on the following sites:

Running in google translate, orginal site is dutch.

Synthetic benchmark

Daily use tests

Quite interesting especially on the daily use tests, is that on some points the stock rom is actually faster then a custom rom. Even though in overal, modaco feels so much faster. Thoughts on why the stock rom is faster on some points?

Edited by Subslider

Guest Carl_Brummy
Interesting review on the following sites:

Running in google translate, orginal site is dutch.

Synthetic benchmark

Daily use tests

Quite interesting especially on the daily use tests, is that on some points the stock rom is actually faster then a custom rom. Even though in overal, modaco feels so much faster. Thoughts on why the stock rom is faster on some points?

I would bet the start time is the apps2sd process which is additional to the stock rom, hence the longer start up time.

Interestingly the phone does appear much smoother and more responsive with the custom rom.

Guest pookie1
I would bet the start time is the apps2sd process which is additional to the stock rom, hence the longer start up time.

Interestingly the phone does appear much smoother and more responsive with the custom rom.

I seriously doubt they are using apps2sd, it's not activated without the ext partition, and they make no mention of it.

Summary of the article:

CaffeineMark - The scores show that the difference between the two is minimal. The Hero with the custom ROM is a little better, but the difference is too small for any conclusions to connect.

DroidBench - There is little difference between the Hero and a custom ROM with stock ROM, though that was not expected: the speed of the memory does not increase by using a different ROM.

NeoCore - This test showed some difference between the two Hero's. The custom ROM version has slightly better scores.

Startup Time - The custom ROM on the Hero was the slower device. On average more than 1 minutes and 20 seconds longer.

Internet over wifi connection - The Hero with custom ROM was not faster than the Hero with the original ROM. Loading the frontpage with the MoDaCo ROM took longer.

Edited by bunt83

Guest Carl_Brummy
I seriously doubt they are using apps2sd, it's not activated without the ext partition, and they make no mention of it.

I based this on the fact, that if I ever installed an app and rebooted it seemed to take a lot longer. But it was only a suggestion. Other than that I never really noticed a huge difference, cant say I ever counted the seconds whilst it rebooted.

Carl.

Guest juno360

Maybe it's something to do with the kernel?

When I had the HTC Magic I did notice that custom roms were sometimes a bit slower.

In this case, the Hero custom rom definately feels faster than the stock rom, once I optimised it a bit myself and removed all the unnecessary stuff