Best Facebook App

Guest Higgsy

Can you guys let me know what Facebook apps you are using on the hero. I'm currently using bloo for android which is pretty good, but seems it mostly only useful for viewing info, can't seem to comment on things, so I have to then go in via browser to do that.

Anyways, please let me know if you use any facebook apps that allow pretty much full functionality in Facebook

Cheers!

Guest kjtaylor13

Hi,

I've tried a number of facebook apps, and have paid for the full version of Babbler which is a great app, but recently I have started to use the offical facebook app, it allows you to see and post comments amongst many other features, and also has a nice home screen widget.

Kevin

Guest werziluk

For me touch facebook is very slow to load and sometimes the timeline is wayyyyy out (even get these problems over wifi).

The official app is enough for when im on the move.

Edited by werziluk

Guest whiteythomson

Bloo is the best app out there without a doubt. You can comment and like things, you just have to do a long press on the status update or photo etc....

The only thing they haven't quite worked out yet is to be able to reply to messages in your inbox and be able to see when someone has commented on your photos.

BUT they haven't updated it properly for some time so I am hoping there will be a biggish update soon that fixes one of the above problems.

Meanwhile if you wanna use Facebook chat as well I'd suggest Ebuddy. It actually runs the chat better than it does on most browsers! :-)

I'd also have to say that bloo is the best one. The inbox message problem is caused by lack of API to use it.

Sometimes I use Facebook for Android too but after a while I always switch back to bloo ;)

Guest mox2001

I have Bloo, Babbler Lite and the official FB client

On Bloo you can comment and like by long pressing the entry.

Babbler has by far the best notifications and quick-reply

The official is.. well... not very good. It does have notifications, but clicking on them opens the browser instead of the app.

touch.facebook.com looks great and works great, but is has some functional limitations compared to m.facebook.com

So my solution is to use both an app and a bookmark to m.facebook.com

I am still undecided on whether to use Bloo or Babbler. I prefer the Bloo interface but Babbler does have a great way of handling notifications.

Guest DJBenson

I have used the official Facebook app from the first day I got my Hero - it's a pretty decent app BUT WTF happened to "shake to refresh" - that used to be a great little feature that's been stripped out - can't find anything about why it was removed.

m.facebook.com is a good alternative but touch.facebook.com (as someone commented on above) is sometimes waaaaayyyyyyy out of date compared to the app or the mobile site (m.facebook.com).

Oh, and for status updates, I use the excellent AnyPost which also updates (amongst many others) Twitter via Ping.fm! ;)

Edited by DJBenson