Rooting T-Mobile G2

Guest loedie

And yet another topic about rooting, i'm sorry. It's just that i can't get my T-Mobile g2 rooted. And yes, my firmware is: 2.73.110.26. I tried the different methods posted on this site, including the unlockr.com site and the goldcard method.

Al of those options don't work, so i'm stuck at this T-mobile firmware.

The only thing that worked and doesn't give a error is the fastboot + Heroimg.zip (with an rooted stock rom from this site: 2.73.405.66 pre-rooted) only it doesn't seem to affect anything. It will pass the cid check (i know this because the 2.73.405.55 give me an cid error)and than return again to hboot with a sim option.

Could any one give me some feedback about this?

T-mobile G2

2.73.110.26: firmware

63.18.55.06fu_6.35.07.08: radio

1.0.0.a6288 : softwareversion

.0007 Hboot

Guest colonel_lp

Hi,

Yes, the number of different guides is bewildering.

i just rooted and loaded modaco 3.1 on my tmobile G2 (2.73.110.26) last night.. The Goldcard is the only way that worked for me. All went smoothly..

How far into the process did you get?

I had to update using the windows RUU 2.73.405.5 Rom with the goldcard, the generic 1.73 RUU didnt work.

Then apply amon Ra 1.5.2 recovery.

Then flash modaco rom.

Then flash radio

This is new to me, so i can only tell you what i did in the same situation. Maybe check you did the goldcard correctly.

Hi,

Yes, the number of different guides is bewildering.

i just rooted and loaded modaco 3.1 on my tmobile G2 (2.73.110.26) last night.. The Goldcard is the only way that worked for me. All went smoothly..

How far into the process did you get?

I had to update using the windows RUU 2.73.405.5 Rom with the goldcard, the generic 1.73 RUU didnt work.

Then apply amon Ra 1.5.2 recovery.

Then flash modaco rom.

Then flash radio

This is new to me, so i can only tell you what i did in the same situation. Maybe check you did the goldcard correctly.

Thanks for the reply, but i tried serveral memorycards and with the *.405.5 Rom. I always get the CID error.. I did the goldcard reverse trick with a qmat or something like that and with an site metioned here I believe. and than I copied the image into my sdcard with help by the online step by step guide. Just following the guide....

hi there i got mine to work when i upgraded to this ruu ruu update and then i followed this tutorial rooting hero hope this helps

Is there a difference between your "WWE" link and the this modaco generic *405.5?

If it's so, what exactly? ;)

Edit: Stupid of me, your link is an Rom update util, the link I gave is a copy of a rom... :D but where does WWE stand for?

Edited by loedie

Guest andy-hooks

not sure but worked for me after many attempts at doing the gold card. i found that upgraded then followed the unlockr tutorial been running modaco 3.1 for 1month now sorry cant be of more help

Guest colonel_lp
Thanks for the reply, but i tried serveral memorycards and with the *.405.5 Rom. I always get the CID error.. I did the goldcard reverse trick with a qmat or something like that and with an site metioned here I believe. and than I copied the image into my sdcard with help by the online step by step guide. Just following the guide....

I can only think that there is a problem in the gold card creation..

you unchecked the read only option? definitely replaced to the right offset of 00000170 (inclusive) then save?

sorry if this is obvious...

Edited by colonel_lp

Looks like I did something wrong, I did the updated version of the unlockr.com, and with the heroimg.zip in fastboot it works!! ;)

Thank you all for replying! I got the original htc firmware *.405.5 so I can downgrade!

Thanks again!

By the way, with the original firmware, i got much, much better reach with my hero than the T-mobile version! ;)

Edited by loedie