[ROM/LEAK] ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Guest behnaam

a question:

if we have rooted with paul's superboot or lickonn root, we need to reflash 2.000.16? or just flash your root?

its here. search for 2.000.16 version (mirror here).

BTW, they changed the way of getting into bootloader, need to test again to figure it out (not camera and power anymore)

enter in bootloader like described in init of the topic and just flash the new superboot to get the latest kernel..

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot superboot2.img

EDIT:

@behnaam, can you please add the link for new boot.img in first topic?

Edited by disc0

Guest Seth Cold
its here. search for 2.000.16 version

BTW, they changed the way of getting into bootloader, need to test again to figure it out (not camera and power anymore)

enter in bootloader like described in init of the topic and just flash the new superboot to get the latest kernel..

EDIT:

when you say just flash the new superboot to get the latest kernel... what do you mean?? isn.t there just one??

when you say just flash the new superboot to get the latest kernel... what do you mean?? isn.t there just one??

The kernel is in the boot.img, and android itself is in other images such system.img,... So, if you update to the new ROM and then rooted with pauls superboot, you are using kernel from rom 1.004. To have the kernel of the new firmware you have to root with a boot.img containing the new kernel...

You can read more about it in here.

Edited by disc0

sure i did! using the command in the recovery ;) worked like a charm

Oh, right :D .. Never thought on thaht.. Only used it to nandup backup lol :(

EDIT:

Ok, here is how to get into bootloader on this ROM. (bit complicated way :S)

1. turn off your phone (and unplug usb if plugged)

2. press camera + volume up and then without releasing this two buttons hit power and the phone will vibrate two times. Release all buttons.

3. take the battery out and put it back (don't touch any button on the phone)

4. connect the usb to your computer and you will the acer logo and then bootloader will pop up.

5. Say thanks to acer for making it so complicated (:

This is usefull if you flash some boot.img that don't boots and cant enter the system to do adb reboot bootloader.

Edited by disc0

does this ROM has russian language (Русский)?

can somebody create nandroid backup and upload it? cause there is noacer download tool for linux

Mine already costumized (deleted some apps and add others and added personal info) or I would upload it.. But you really should try to find some windows computer to get the latest baseband :\ .. Nandroid backup would not update your baseband (I think)..

But if you want system.img and boot.img I backed up mines when acer tool decompressed the bin (: ..

And yes, it has russian language and keyboard..

and lickonn root? do the same as paul's superboot?

...can anyone explain how rooting in lickonn Recovery Image works?

Will I have the Kernel of 2.000.16 when i root using lickonn or still the 1.004?

Thanks for clarification....i'm a bit confused atm

dirom

Thanks disc0 for the new .img, i have to put it in the 1.4 superboot file, rename it "liquid.superboot.img" and launch "install-superboot-windows" ??

But i already did it with the original superboot, do i have to flash my cell again or juste launch the new root ?

Thanks for you time

Thanks disc0 for the new .img, i have to put it in the 1.4 superboot file, rename it "liquid.superboot.img" and launch "install-superboot-windows" ??

But i already did it with the original superboot, do i have to flash my cell again or juste launch the new root ?

Thanks for you time

It's enough just flash the new boot.img. The system partition is up to date now, just the boot.img is the "old" one.

With this you replace the "old" kernel with the new one.

Thanks, but the answer on cmd is : uname : not found...

I don't know anything about linux sorry...

I think you don't have busybox installed. But if you put the disc0's one .img you should have the newest kernel version.

Edited by csics5

Can you install Lickonn recovery image on top of this rom by the way? Reason I ask is because I thought that the recovery was somewhat version dependant

Edited by spirry

Guest nadoolau
its here. search for 2.000.16 version (mirror here).

EDIT:

Works well under my 2.000.05 rom, thanks!

Guest Seth Cold
Can you install Lickonn recovery image on top of this rom by the way? Reason I ask is because I thought that the recovery was somewhat version dependant

i did it, so far so good, working!