[ROM/LEAK] ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Guest behnaam

Guest navygino
Oh, right ;) .. Never thought on thaht.. Only used it to nandup backup lol :D

So....is that mean if I use Lickonn recovery to root, it will not affect my kernel?

Link dead atm.

Edit: No more

Edit 2: I am quite a noob with this. Anyway I flashed and applied lickon custom recovery. However I cant download anything from market (Barcode scanner for example). It just says starting download, but never starts. Same for a couple of other apps. What could be the problem?

Edited by tene20

Guest fabiotunz
Link dead atm.

Edit: No more

Edit 2: I am quite a noob with this. Anyway I flashed and applied lickon custom recovery. However I cant download anything from market (Barcode scanner for example). It just says starting download, but never starts. Same for a couple of other apps. What could be the problem?

i've the same problem! help!!!

Guest maxisma
Nex problem, i cant get music with earphones...but it works on speaker, and when its a call it works....weird.

Any idea ??

ops wrong thread

Edited by maxisma

I have had no problem so far downloading stuff from the market. Also no problem playing music with earphones(only tried with spotify).

Fwiw, my Kernel version is the same as khamees79.

Edited by apan12

Okay....so its just me....i dont know what i did to get this problem, (flash the rom, use the wrong superboot, then use the new boot.img with 2.000.16 kernel), but its really annoying

Guest three_pineapples

The kernel version NUMBER isn't going to change. That is the linux kernel version number that is used for ALL android 1.6 builds. However, this kernel could potentially have updated drivers in, etc.

I am fairly certain that Lickonn's recovery image rooting is going to do that same thing as Paul's superboot, So i suggest everyone uses's Disc0's root instead. That being said, still install the recovery image because this will allow you to do nandroid backups etc.

What everyone needs to look for is a change in the build number (see above screenshot). This should be Acer Liquid 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1. If you don't have that then i don't think you flashed correctly using the Acer download tool.

Now, is anyone uploading the boot.img and system.img for those who don't care about updating their baseband version? ;)

Guest pete.major

I used superboot after upgrading - just goes to show I didn't know what it was doing.

Anyway, I wanted proof that my kernel was old and that after flashing it's new. I did what someone said in the post above - "uname -a" to look at the kernel date.

Here's what I did to get that working:

first I downloaded "better terminal emulator" from the market.

Then I installed busybox, as described in this post:

http://benno.id.au/blog/2007/11/14/android-busybox

then in the terminal emulator, I elevated privileges to superuser by typing "su"

then i typed "uname -a" and, sure enough the kernel had a dec. date on it.

I flashed as per instructions above

after rebooting, in the terminal emulator I elevated privileges to superuser by typing "su"

then i typed "uname -a" and the kernel had a jan. date on it.

job done!

I succeded in flashing my device,but I could not install any app from the market.

i went back to my previous backup.

You need to start Google Talk before Market.

Guest RazorICE
The kernel version NUMBER isn't going to change. That is the linux kernel version number that is used for ALL android 1.6 builds. However, this kernel could potentially have updated drivers in, etc.

I am fairly certain that Lickonn's recovery image rooting is going to do that same thing as Paul's superboot, So i suggest everyone uses's Disc0's root instead. That being said, still install the recovery image because this will allow you to do nandroid backups etc.

What everyone needs to look for is a change in the build number (see above screenshot). This should be Acer Liquid 2.000.16 EMEA GEN1. If you don't have that then i don't think you flashed correctly using the Acer download tool.

Now, is anyone uploading the boot.img and system.img for those who don't care about updating their baseband version? ;)

Hey fellow Whirlpooler,

Would you happen to know what upgrading the baseband actually does? As in, anything I would notice? Like you, I'm waiting for a boot.img/system.img, but unlike you, I want those because I don't want to muck up my recovery image (just in case).

Thanks!

Guest JonasF1

Had also problem with headphone.

I have now reinstall the 2.000.16 rom but not root it yet. (I used disc0 Superboot before)

Now headphone and Market works for me! (Have not tested SMS)

i confirm.

Guest three_pineapples
Hey fellow Whirlpooler,

Would you happen to know what upgrading the baseband actually does? As in, anything I would notice? Like you, I'm waiting for a boot.img/system.img, but unlike you, I want those because I don't want to muck up my recovery image (just in case).

Thanks!

I'm fairly certain baseband is the radio version. I don't know what sort of improvements it will get from a newer radio. Sometimes i think mine has poor signal quality, but could just be my location. I'd flash the bin, but the Acer download tool fails on windows 7 ;) (just won't work properly, spent half a day trying to flash to 1.008.00!)

anyone want to grab the boot.img/system.img files out of the temp folder in the acer download tool when you start the flash process?