[ROM/LEAK] ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Guest behnaam

Guest drigerott
Will reinstall ROM, than will check if everything works. People who have headphones working: do you have no problem with sms notifications?

you can just flash the boot.mg of 2.000.16 and headset works again....and root works too !!!!!!!! ;)

Boot.IMG of 2.000.16: http://www.mediafire.com/?vncwmfikfzj

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot boot.img

enjoy

ps_: this root is like, lickonn's....you can use adb with write acces only in recovery mode... but you can install app that need root like bluetooth file transfer ecc ecc

Edited by drigerott

Guest pete.major
Had also problem with headphone.

I have now reinstall the 2.000.16 rom but not root it yet. (I used disc0 Superboot before)

Now headphone and Market works for me! (Have not tested SMS)

you really need root though or you can't buy *protected* apps from the market. you need to edit build.prop for that.

Guest pete.major
the boot.img is the original one....i don't mod anything...is just the original ;)

thanks for your reply.

i'm still learning bout this stuff... if this is the original image, how can root still work? i though you needed a modified boot image to install su and all that...

Guest drigerott

the root like lickonn is only an app that gives privileges to other apps.... but you can't use adb with witre access couse the root is not in the kernel....you must use adb woth write access ony in recovery lickonn

Guest khamees79
You need to start Google Talk before Market.

Thanks for the tip, it really worked.

Just wounder how did you figure this ;)

I notice a great imrovement in the 3G connection, now i see 3G more often, when it was H most of the time.

Thanks for the tip, it really worked.

Just wounder how did you figure this ;)

I noticed this by deleting Google Talk from my phone and not having a functional Market afterwards :D

I notice a great imrovement in the 3G connection, now i see 3G more often, when it was H most of the time.

H stands for HSDPA which is "3.5G", so you will want to see more H than 3G :(

For those who are having problems with the suportboot I packed I may have a clue of whats happening.. Sory not for comming here soon and see those comments..

I used the ramdisk of pauls superboot wit the new kernel without editing it, because if I repack the ramdisk it just gets bigger than original, I already asked paul how did he packed but he didn't answered me :\ ..

I'll see if the ramdisk of original boot.img have changed in some way and see what can I do..

BTW:

Can someone try to describe the error with the headphones so I can replicate it ?? I tried to make a call with the stock headset and it works :| ..

And if you know some free protected app so I can test it tell me, because my country does not have paid apps :\..

Ok, I discovered the problem, init has changed in new boot.img.. I'm sorry to not verifying it.. I assumed it didn't changed like in last releases.. I'll try to release a proper boot.img soon.

Edited by disc0

Guest Robertodroid
Nex problem, i cant get music with earphones...but it works on speaker, and when its a call it works....weird.

Any idea ??

Same for me........anywone??

Guest behnaam
For those who are having problems with the suportboot I packed I may have a clue of whats happening.. Sory not for comming here soon and see those comments..

I used the ramdisk of pauls superboot wit the new kernel without editing it, because if I repack the ramdisk it just gets bigger than original, I already asked paul how did he packed but he didn't answered me :\ ..

I'll see if the ramdisk of original boot.img have changed in some way and see what can I do..

BTW:

Can someone try to describe the error with the headphones so I can replicate it ?? I tried to make a call with the stock headset and it works :| ..

And if you know some free protected app so I can test it tell me, because my country does not have paid apps :\..

Ok, I discovered the problem, init has changed in new boot.img.. I'm sorry to not verifying it.. I assumed it didn't changed like in last releases.. I'll try to release a proper boot.img soon.

just change the init scripts, it includes new lines in 2.000.16 and replaces some from the last update, and what scripts do u use for making boot.img's cuz it could be the issue if its not doing stuff right...

just change the init scripts, it includes new lines in 2.000.16 and replaces some from the last update, and what scripts do u use for making boot.img's cuz it could be the issue if its not doing stuff right...

Already fixed and will release soon.. I'm building manually to ensure it builds correctly "find .|cpio -o -H newc|gzip > ../ramdisk.cpio.gz"

Even tried with gzip -9, but image don't shrinks even more :\

The new superboot is working, but is not bootable with fastboot boot, because the ramdisk has more 97 bytes :S .. F*** I can remove the logo and it boots , lol ;) .. But think people would like to see it when booting :D

EDIT:

Uploaded the working superboot.2.000.16.kernel.FLASHABLE.based.zip here.

BTW, headset works in music. I can't test the market because my country does not have paid apps, sorry.. So, if you now some free protected app tell me so I can test please...

Edited by disc0

Guest Robertodroid
Already fixed and will release soon.. I'm building manually to ensure it builds correctly "find .|cpio -o -H newc|gzip > ../ramdisk.cpio.gz"

Even tried with gzip -9, but image don't shrinks even more :\

The new superboot is working, but is not bootable with fastboot boot, because the ramdisk has more 97 bytes :S .. F*** I can remove the logo and it boots , lol ;) .. But think people would like to see it when booting :D

EDIT:

Uploaded the working superboot.2.000.16.kernel.FLASHABLE.based.zip here.

BTW, headset works in music. I can't test the market because my country does not have paid apps, sorry.. So, if you now some free protected app tell me so I can test please...

Works great, thx!!!!!!!!

Flashed 2.00.16, rooted with latest Superboot, and now I can't get

adb remount

;)

Guess today is not my day :\ .. I'll dig into it...

EDIT: I tried in my liquid issuing in terminal emulator su and it worked so I assumed it would work in everything else..

Edited by disc0

Guest Piter1225

Flashed Pauls Superboot for time that will take to update Yours, instruction how to get to bootloader won't work for me (tried bout 20 times), worked this one:

Turn off the Liquid.

Plug-in the USB cable.

Then press Camera button + "< " + power button

by Rainman168

Edited by Piter1225

Guest khamees79
H stands for HSDPA which is "3.5G", so you will want to see more H than 3G :D

If you just know what I'm working ;)

Flashed 2.00.16, rooted with latest Superboot, and now I can't get

adb remount

:(

I could not get the ADB too, noticed that while trying to install busybox

Edited by khamees79

anyone got Metamorph working on this rom ?? everytime i try to use it, it complains i either dont have enough space in /system/ or that i dont have busybox installed. I know for sure i got busybox installed since i use Titanium and i know i got enough space in /system/ as well.

Seems busybox is not properly installed.

Edited by goa200

Guest behnaam
anyone got Metamorph working on this rom ?? everytime i try to use it, it complains i either dont have enough space in /system/ or that i dont have busybox installed. I know for sure i got busybox installed since i use Titanium and i know i got enough space in /system/ as well.

Seems busybox is not properly installed.

Busybox needs to be installed with right perms and symlinks for it to run with metamorph...

Flashed to 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 and after that headphones are not working. Had to roll back to 1.008...

You could find the solution in the forum, you don't need to roll back because of this.