[ROM/LEAK] ACER_Liquid_2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1

Guest behnaam

Flashed to 2.000.16_EMEA_GEN1 and after that headphones are not working. Had to roll back to 1.008...

Download the last superboot.img from the other thread and the problem is solved..

Acer changed some things in this rom, direct access to social netowrking in acer settings ? WTF :X

Edited by disc0

Guest liquid_it
I am pretty sure you have to create one from your phone...

OR.. doing a very very nasty thing: run acer tool, let it uncompress the .bin and disconnect the phone BEFORE it starts flashing.

not the best way, but it worked. ;)

Guest designgears
OR.. doing a very very nasty thing: run acer tool, let it uncompress the .bin and disconnect the phone BEFORE it starts flashing.

not the best way, but it worked. :(

Haha, I'm just about to try that method ;)

Drops it right to SDCAAPZ where the bin is located... awesome :D

Edited by designgears

I'm looking for a 2.000.16 system.img file, just this file, not the entire .bin.

Anyone?

I got it in my mediafire account http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9e8f128...04f31aacf568dab

Didn't test it flashing directly, so, don't know what could happen!

BTW, I deleted the 20 bytes that only acer tool uses from header, or flash would fail for shore!

Guest designgears
thanks to you both, btw I solved in the "nasty" way.. ;) :D

are you able to extract the img's after that? I am using unyaffs under ubuntu and I keep getting a segmentation fault.

It works fine with disc0's img.

BTW, I deleted the 20 bytes that only acer tool uses from header, or flash would fail for shore!

aha! thanks for that bit of info disc0, I can extract them now after chopping that out.

Edited by designgears

Guest P. Alknes

When I use headphones I get sound in both the headphones and the speakers after flashing to this rom. Anyone had this problem and know a solution?

Edited by P. Alknes

Guest 00sully

thanks guys for this rom leak - I did manage to butcher it somehow installing a theme not meant for it but lickonns recovery image saved the day! All I can say is nandroid!! ;)

thanks again behnaam and disc0 :D

Guest snoopy33
When I use headphones I get sound in both the headphones and the speakers after flashing to this rom. Anyone had this problem and know a solution?

I have the same issue with spotify, only when I receive a message or when an event make a sound, during playing music in spotify (like receiving mail, calendar alarm...).

After, I have to hear another thing in headphone only to stop sound in both speaker and headset (I use "listen" from google to do it).

I have rooted my liquid, and removed lot of apk, like music, the default player. Is it your case ?

I will try angio rom tonight or tomorow to see if it changes anything.

Edited by snoopy33

Guest P. Alknes
I have the same issue with spotify, only when I receive a message or when an event make a sound, during playing music in spotify (like receiving mail, calendar alarm...).

After, I have to hear another thing in headphone only to stop sound in both speaker and headset (I use "listen" from google to do it).

I have rooted my liquid, and removed lot of apk, like music, the default player. Is it your case ?

I will try of angio rom tonight or tomorow to see if it changes anything.

I only use headphones for spotify so hadn't tried starting anything else. Listening to something else seems to help most of the time, but sometimes I still hear "white" noise from the speaker.

I have rooted and installed angio rom.

Guest snoopy33
I only use headphones for spotify so hadn't tried starting anything else. Listening to something else seems to help most of the time, but sometimes I still hear "white" noise from the speaker.

I have rooted and installed angio rom.

May be, it could be a good idea to try the rom without rooting, just to see if it s the problem.

I have not installed angio rom, but I read in the description that it includes "su" program so i thought that it was pre-routed, are you sure that it needs to be rooted, because, my idea to try angio rom was to avoid the boot flash. In previous message, with first version of this flash, some people complained that they had no sound at all in their headset, I think that it s linked with our issue with spotify...

Guest 00sully

anyone on the fence on this one it is well worth the effort - the battery savings alone are incredible especially in standby mode where the battery level hardly goes down at all now ;)

I can't speak for the headphone / speaker issue the guys above are having but since the battery life was a big aspect to me this Rom is great :D again kudos to disc0 for the new bootloader and benhaam for the release! no need for fancy themes and packing the rom with other apps that you can install yourself from this base Rom!

Guest thenext1

Hi all,

I'm having problems flashing this on Windows 7 64-bit.

Windows detects my phone in debugging and in bootloader mode, I even flashed lickonn's recovery and made a nandroid backup.

But instead the Acer dl tool won't see the liquid ("not connected") and the big Start button doesn't do anything.

With the phone fully on it seems like it works, and the ROM update goes through until it has finished the "process DMSS HEX something" phase... then after a bit the Connected status turns to "not connected" and leaves the phone in a screen-off stuck status. Luckily the phone stil lboots after removing the battery.

Last update I did I was on windows XP and it worked flawlessly, now I no longer have an XP machine.

Did anyone try flashing on a 64-bit system?

p.s. when I go into bootloader the first line shows "USB FastBoot [something]"... isn't fastboot a different thing with respect to the bootloader?

thank you all

Guest petoulachi

Just launch the Acer Tool using compatibility mode : right click on the .exe file, Properties, Compatibility, run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

Btw, also check "Run this program as an administrator" in the Privilege Level section.

I had do that and successfully flash my Liquid using 7 x64

Edited by petoulachi

Guest thenext1
Just launch the Acer Tool using compatibility mode : right click on the .exe file, Properties, Compatibility, run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

Btw, also check "Run this program as an administrator" in the Privilege Level section.

I had do that and successfully flash my Liquid using 7 x64

Thank you, I'll try for sure.

EDIT: Did that, doesn't work, behaves the same way. Any further advices other than flashing on a 32-bit machine I don't have?

(Besides that, I'm now trying on my notebook, after trying yesterday on my desktop PC, and it still doesn't work...)

EDIT again: it worked! I just had to start flashing while the phone is in OS mode (not bootloader mode), in addition to the petoulachi's tip. Thank you!

Edited by thenext1

Guest petoulachi
Thank you, I'll try for sure.

EDIT: Did that, doesn't work, behaves the same way. Any further advices other than flashing on a 32-bit machine I don't have?

(Besides that, I'm now trying on my notebook, after trying yesterday on my desktop PC, and it still doesn't work...)

EDIT again: it worked! I just had to start flashing while the phone is in OS mode (not bootloader mode), in addition to the petoulachi's tip. Thank you!

Are you able to do an adb remount ? Just to be sure that the drivers are OK.

Guest mrnismisk
How do I even get started with adb? Have downloaded SDK. (1.0-1.6) and have adb.exe in tools, then what? I'm completely lost ;)

I'm not experienced with adb. But if you start the command prompt and you go to the directory where adb is then you can start to issue commands.

Seams that more experienced users can make some sort of path so they don't have to stand in adb:s directory. Anyway if you pull something fore example, you have to put a directory path for the file. I tried without it and it didn't work, i was hoping it would just pull the file to the directory witch i'm was standing in.

Hopes this helps a little until you can get better help.

Some links, Newbie instructions for ADB, From developer.android.com

Edited by mrnismisk

Guest Andy__P
Seams that more experienced users can make some sort of path so they don't have to stand in adb:s directory.

you have to add the sdk's tool path to your PATH environment variable.

in cmd use

ECHO %PATH%

to view your PATH variable (should look like this in windows "C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;......"

SET PATH=%PATH%;"insert custom path here"

to add your path. for example

SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\sdk\tools\

Guest mrnismisk
you have to add the sdk's tool path to your PATH environment variable.

in cmd use

ECHO %PATH%

to view your PATH variable (should look like this in windows "C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;......"

SET PATH=%PATH%;"insert custom path here"

to add your path. for example

SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\sdk\tools\

Thanks, thats makes it so much smother to use adb for me and everything else in tools.

Edited by mrnismisk

Guest thenext1

Mmh...

After a bit of fiddling with this ROM I must say I'm not satisfied.

The phone doesn't feel any snappier, instead I feel it's more sluggish when doing more animations at one time (i.e. showing the keyboard and opening a new window).

Slideup menu and popup animations still lag all over their duration.

WiFi still takes ages to connect to my router.

Battery discharge has occurred 3 times in 3 days (much more than with 1.008 that was nearly problem-free in this regard).

Lastly, some graphic glitches introduced in 1.008 were not fixed.

I hope that when Android releases the official 2.1 rom all these issues will be gone for good!