CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0 (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

Guest jnwhiteh
I do hope someone will continue this ROM because I very much would not want to go back to the buggy unuserfriendly mess (my opinion) that is SenseUI.

What are the requirements for building this? Operating system and so on?

Btw, my random soft resets seems to have been solved by upgrading to a newer radio than the one that comes with the stock HTC Hero ROM. Not sure if it changed anything regarding battery lifetime though, my phone lasts about 16h now which is good enough for me.

http://source.android.com/download

Just put the modules on top of it (update.zip format): http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...s-for-2-x-roms/

Indeed, people can install it on their own, but there are other outstanding fixes that need to be pushed out but the build tree is in an inconsistent state.

kagudroid 1.14 was working fine with good battery. do i need to flash a radio again?

This ROM also works fine with good battery. What you guys don't see to understand is that they are the same.. and experiences vary wildly from one to day another, one installation to another. There is an issue with the kernel, and that is nothing we can fix.

KaguDroid and this ROM are the same. Full stop.

Guest jnwhiteh
ok.........

btw the media volume definitely sounds lower than stock 1.5 rom. is this known?

One or two people have reported it, but I've not heard anything conclusive.

Guest FurryPotato

Having flashed my phone dozens of times in the last 2 months I can confirm that the battery drain issue seems almost random.

I've flashed the exact same 2.1 or 2.01 ROM at different times had different battery drain issues. Sometimes I'm sure it's been apps I've installed that have caused it, sometimes it's not wiping before flashing etc.

We'll just have to patient and wait for official 2.1 ( Which I hope someone will do as AOSP)

In the meantime, I've bought a 3000mAh battery. Yep, it adds weight and bulk. But it gives me the confidence to use my phone heavily all day with no chance of draining the battery.

Dylan

PS Thanks for all your hard work too on this for us, and in your fine example when it comes to soliciting donations. All the best to you.

Guest pillock

I've had a massive battery drain on this rom twice.... as in I put my phone down when it's on at least 50-60%, come back to it a few hours later (it sits in the car whilst I'm at work) and it's dead enough not to turn on without the car charger.

Twice, but I've been running it since release day and I play around with enough other stuff to not be convinced it's a ROM fault.

I had the same deal with Kagu and CK though, big spikes of power drain at random. Some days it'd only drain 20% in 24 hours, some days would be 70% in the same time with the same usage.

Maybe HTC are having the same trouble and this is the big Eclair delay :D

Guest jnwhiteh
I've had a massive battery drain on this rom twice.... as in I put my phone down when it's on at least 50-60%, come back to it a few hours later (it sits in the car whilst I'm at work) and it's dead enough not to turn on without the car charger.

Twice, but I've been running it since release day and I play around with enough other stuff to not be convinced it's a ROM fault.

I had the same deal with Kagu and CK though, big spikes of power drain at random. Some days it'd only drain 20% in 24 hours, some days would be 70% in the same time with the same usage.

Maybe HTC are having the same trouble and this is the big Eclair delay :D

Let's hope not. Thanks for the feedback.

Guest ermacwins

i sent a few emails with gmail then i decided to check out box and it didnt send not did i recieve any new emails untill i dont soptios refesh then it sent the messages and also recieved messages. using wifi/gprs

worked perfect on stock 1.5

edir: some mp4 files dont work only shows first frame and audio plays no video. recorded vids from 1.5 fw dont play. vids converted from formatfactory work

Edited by ermacwins

Guest 1redrum

I know we've heard (and been disappointed) by all the official Hero 2.1 rom rumors before:

but just in case here is the latestet one...

http://www.htcsource.com/2010/02/htc-team-...date-for-march/

On the plus side, it appears that htc are now releasing kernel source, when the release the updated ROMs, so we live in hope...

Edited by 1redrum

Guest mshaw03

I love this rom so much and I appreciate the hard work, but as others have said, the battery drain is just too extreme for me to use it on a day to day basis.

Have any problems been identified with regards to battery life or is it a mystery?

Think I'll have to go back to MCR for now.

Guest jnwhiteh
I love this rom so much and I appreciate the hard work, but as others have said, the battery drain is just too extreme for me to use it on a day to day basis.

Have any problems been identified with regards to battery life or is it a mystery?

Think I'll have to go back to MCR for now.

It's a known issue with all Hero 2.;x ROMs.

Guest mshaw03
It's a known issue with all Hero 2.;x ROMs.

Yeah I realise that it's not a problem specific to this ROM, hence me going back to MCR rather than trying any other 2.x ROM.

My battery seems to go down about 10% every hour. :D

I am using this ROM at the moment as "Vanillain" ROM from nprussel.

I had this battery issue too, my battery was draining 23% in 8 hours. I did a complete new start and wiped my phone a several times.

I managed it now to 1%- 2% per hour so my battery is now lasting about 2 days. When I turn the phone off over night I get out 3 1/2 days and all this with enabled WiFi.

The strange thing is that when I jump between ROM´s then after sometime the battery draining goes wild and something sits on the CPU. It feels like that the chosen ROM needs some time to acclimate and sort it self on the phone.

Edited by Phanes

Guest jnwhiteh
Someone else having problems with youtube. It freezes at first frame but the sound works...

Change to high quality. When the video is playing, menu and select high quality.

Guest String Theory

Sad to see you leaving Jim, but real life is always much more important! I hope you will do well! Hopefully someone will pick up your work for the Hero community.

All the best Jim and thank you for the good work!

Guest jnwhiteh
FEATURE REQUEST

Any chance of having busybox (ie SSHD ) installed on this ROM?

Busybox is included, but does not provide sshd. That's provided by dropbear, which is not included. And I am no longer building this ROM, as noted in one of the posts. I'll move that to the front post.

Guest paulsmith
Busybox is included, but does not provide sshd. That's provided by dropbear, which is not included. And I am no longer building this ROM, as noted in one of the posts. I'll move that to the front post.

thanks for the reply.

Guest Profete162

Sorry to insist, but there is more than 24 hours and 2 people talking after my post.. :-s

Did someone experienced issues to use Google Earth? I have seen a lot of comments in the market that it's not working on a lot of ROM's and i cannot understand why or find a solution..

Might it be something linked to OpenGl or something like that?