CyanogenMod for HTC Hero (GSM) v1.0 (now with online kitchen)

Guest jnwhiteh

No, due to some issue, that 'add account' button just opens the facebook authentication intent. It never adds it as a sync adapter, so it's not treated the same as other sync feeds, like it has in some of the other ROMs.

Test it and make sure it works for.. I had issues testing it.

could you add this "facebook bug" to the bug list?

on the other hand, i find this rom to be one of the better AOSP 2.1 roms around

could i ask again, is this rom BFS enabled? (if not, will you ever add support for BFS in kernel?)

without properly working facebook i guess i cant "sync" my contacts avatars/pictures like i did in sense ui ?

oh and i tested bluetooth file transfer with Nokia 6120 classic, works like a charm ;)

Edited by cTn

Guest Stea1thmode

oh my word Jnwhiteh, you came up trumps again with this lastet installment. So far so good. I could use this ROM just for the new features in maps.

Guest Blackfish
1. Why is it unstable? I have had absolutely 0 issues running this for a week.

2. Android 2.1 does NOT have lag when switching between home screens.

3. Nothing is going to have changed in a few weeks, because nothing is currently wrong.

1. I just say it is unstable...it is just crashing sometimes while using Live Wallpapers and i lost the functionality of the touchscreen randomly...

2. And how do you call that? If you go from one homescreen to another one while using a picture as a wallpaper you can see it very well...

3. You are joking...do you?

-->Maybe you should also slow down a little bit?

So what should i say?

1. It is crashing while selecting Live Wallpapers (randomly)

2. The hole system is slow (UI has lag) and not usable for now ( INCREDIBLY clear not to use the ROM until it's fully initialised)

--> I was using the system for 15 Minutes or so (i know this is a short time) but you only say that we should give 2 minutes for initializing...

3. No other problems for now...

Edited by Blackfish

Guest jnwhiteh
One question though. I'm currently running beta 2 of the CyanogenMod that you posted in your 2.1 AOSP thread. Do I need to wipe?

As listed in the first post, yes. You also don't have a choice, it will wipe data and cache for you.

could you add this "facebook bug" to the bug list?

It's not really a bug.. it's just the way it operates currently.

could i ask again, is this rom BFS enabled? (if not, will you ever add support for BFS in kernel?)

This is answered in the first post, no. We do not have kernel sources.

without properly working facebook i guess i cant "sync" my contacts avatars/pictures like i did in sense ui ?

Given that that is a Sense UI feature, no. There are applications in the market that do this, however.

1. I just say it is unstable...it is just crashing sometimes while using Live Wallpapers and i lost the functionality of the touchscreen randomly...

Just 'saying its unstable' isn't good enough. I need information. No 2.X hero ROM supports most of the live wallpapers, and the device will softboot if you use some of them. That's hardly 'unstable', just don't use those live wallpapers, and use the ones from the market. As for losing the functionality of the touchscreen, that's obviously related to your other issue.

2. And how do you call that? If you go from one homescreen to another one while using a picture as a wallpaper you can see it very well...

Nope, I HAVE and have absolutely no issues. But given that you already had basically crashed your device using live wallpapers that aren't from the market, this doesn't surprise me. This is NOT an issue in this ROM.

3. You are joking...do you?

-->Maybe you should also slow down a little bit?

So what should i say?

I'm not upset in the least. But you providing reports with absolutely 0 information helps absolutely no one. It doesn't give me a chance to address your issues, and gives people the FALSE impression that there are random problems and that the ROM is 'unstable'. Neither of these is true in the way you implied them.

1. It is crashing while selecting Live Wallpapers (randomly)

Use market live wallpapers and it works just fine.

2. The hole system is slow (UI has lag) and not usable for now ( INCREDIBLY clear not to use the ROM until it's fully initialised)

This just isn't the case, if so you have a problem with your installation or device. This ROM flies.. Again, I'm not surprised considering your live wallpaper issue.

I am a developer. All I ask of my users is that they give me the information I need to make the changes I need to make. I would ask the same of any single user that came into a thread of mine and starting making broad unsubstantiated claims. How am I supposed to react to you telling me the ROM is unstable and laggy, when it's not. I'm not psychic.

Enjoy Modaco Custom ROM, it seems you really enjoy it.

Guest jnwhiteh
oh my word Jnwhiteh, you came up trumps again with this lastet installment. So far so good. I could use this ROM just for the new features in maps.

To be fair, you could put that in any sdk7 ROM =), and I'm sure it'll be in Kagu droid as soon as Lox puts up a new gbits.

Guest lsim001
dowlnoading now, using kagudroid now, but love your work more(more support etc:))

Great work ;)

How does this compare to Kagudroid? I believe Kagu is also using Cyanogen's build.

Guest jnwhiteh
How does this compare to Kagudroid? I believe Kagu is also using Cyanogen's build.

This doesn't have Lox's customizations, and I'm only really doing bugfixes and passive development on it.

some more bug reports

phone sometime reboots when i use voice search ;)

are you sure that multitouch is enabled in gallery ? it worked nice in maps (wow this maps with lab features rox!) but somehow multitouch didnt work for me in gallery

did you noticed a white or lets say bright 1px horizontal line over the "numpad" (on the beginning when i am inserting my pin code), after that all "graphics" looks completely fine (i mean, no 1px horizontal lines)

Guest jnwhiteh
some more bug reports

phone sometime reboots when i use voice search ;)

are you sure that multitouch is enabled in gallery ? it worked nice in maps (wow this maps with lab features rox!) but somehow multitouch didnt work for me in gallery

did you noticed a white or lets say bright 1px horizontal line over the "numpad" (on the beginning when i am inserting my pin code), after that all "graphics" looks completely fine (i mean, no 1px horizontal lines)

Thanks, good to know it's not enabled in Gallery. I believe it is in Gallery2D, which you can get to from the Camera. I've never seen the reboots on voice search, a logcat would be useful from one of those reboots, but I'll keep trying to break it =0

Guest venturerider

There is one thing that annoys me with the ASOP ROMs:

I always keep my phone on vibrate. When pressing the volume "down" button, it goes from high to low to vibrate to silent. Silent is the last stop on the way down, which means that if you have the phone on vibrate and hit that button by accident, the phone will go silent and you might not notice it. With the Hero ROMs, vibrate is the last stop on the way down, which for *me* works a *lot* better. Just hit the volume "down" repeatedly. When you hit the bottom the phone vibrates and you have confirmation that you are in the right mode.

Anyway, long story and probably not too clear. I would love it if it could be changed some that the volume "down" button went from high to silent to vibrate with vibrate on the last stop.

<fingers crossed>

Guest venturerider

I have another question: When I installed another ASOP ROM yesterday, it asked me if I wanted to save my setting on my Google account. I said yes. Now that I have installed the new ASOP ROM, how do I restore those settings?

Edited by venturerider

Guest jnwhiteh
There is one thing that annoys me with the ASOP ROMs:

I always keep my phone on vibrate. When pressing the volume "down" button, it goes from high to low to vibrate to silent. Silent is the last stop on the way down, which means that if you have the phone on vibrate and hit that button by accident, the phone will go silent and you might not notice it. With the Hero ROMs, vibrate is the last stop on the way down, which for *me* works a *lot* better. Just hit the volume "down" repeatedly. When you hit the bottom the phone vibrates and you have confirmation that you are in the right mode.

Anyway, long story and probably not too clear. I would love it if it could be changed some that the volume "down" button went from high to silent to vibrate with vibrate on the last stop.

<fingers crossed>

I agree that would be a nice change, I'll just have to look really hard to find it ;)

Guest jnwhiteh
I have another question: When I installed another ASOP ROM yesterday, it asking me if I wanted to save my setting on my Google account. I said yes. Now that I have installed the new ASOP ROM, how to I restore my settings from my Google account?

I've never seen a 'restore', I think its an automatic sync if it works at all.

Thanks, good to know it's not enabled in Gallery. I believe it is in Gallery2D, which you can get to from the Camera. I've never seen the reboots on voice search, a logcat would be useful from one of those reboots, but I'll keep trying to break it =0

it also might be some totally random reboot (u know what i mean), i was on empty screen, i opened launcher, clicked on voice search, i input a word, phone was working, but it returned only something about connection error, i pressed cancel, opened launcher again started voice search, input a word, phone was working for like 5 sec, then bum reboot ( to bad no logcat here ;) )

Guest Blackfish

Bug report (maybe you accept it)

Goggles crashes after creating a picture of my PC Screen (Goggles is not created for that but it still should not crash)

- I have camera resolution on 3 MP

And i still say it is laggy against other ROMs...if you like it or not...i can not give you additional informations...

Edited by Blackfish

Guest jnwhiteh
Bug report (maybe you accept it)

Goggles crashes after creating a picture of my PC Screen (Goggles is not created for that but it still should not crash)

- I have camera resolution on 3 MP

3MP resolution does not work on this or any other AOSP based Hero 2.X ROM. This is listed in the first post.

And i still say it is laggy against other ROMs...if you like it or not...i can not give you additional informations...

Then feel free to use another ROM. Thanks for your feedback.

Guest thecastlefordkid

Nice ROM. Very impressed with it so far (only downloaded and flashed it a short while ago). Will post you some feedback once I've used it for a while

Guest jnwhiteh

It appears that Goggles indeed does crash, but that seems to be independent of the picture-taking. It's crashing with the following:

W/dalvikvm( 2867): No implementation found for native Lcom/google/android/apps/unveil/env/ImageUtils;.computeEdgeBitmap (II[B[B)V

I'll try to look into it. It's likely the library that I left out of the google-bits because I had no idea what it did. I'm not sure if I can just include it directly.

Edited by jnwhiteh

Guest JamesKing

Ignore this. Either you've updated the first post since I read your post an hour ago, or I missed it the first time ;)

Edited by JamesKing

Guest jnwhiteh
I haven't installed the ROM yet, but here's some feedback ;)

I've read the whole thread and seen your discussion with blackfish.

It is not clear from the first post that the "default" or "pre-installed" live wallpapers don't work. Perhaps that should be mentioned :D

It's been rewritten, and I feel it's relatively clear at this point, in the known issues section. Do you not agree? Specifically considering that some of the default ones do work =).

Edited by jnwhiteh

Guest Blackfish
It is not clear from the first post that the "default" or "pre-installed" live wallpapers don't work. Perhaps that should be mentioned

Some of the stock live wallpapers do not work properly, likely due to issues with video RAM and the renderscript library. I would suggest you use wallpapers from the market, simply search for 'live wallpapers'

He has added that information

Edit: To slow

Edited by Blackfish

Guest JamesKing
It's been rewritten, and I feel it's relatively clear at this point, in the known issues section. Do you not agree? Specifically considering that some of the default ones do work =).

Yes. Sorry. What a remarkably quick answer! I missed it and when I went back to double check I hadn't missed it I realised it's been re-written ;)