Custom Samsung B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Guest RATTLE_FISH
I just replaced it with the one attached using totalcommander (LINK for wvga version)

Just Extract and copy or move HTCsensorSDK.dll to \windows folder and it will replace it

Hi Ttrevelian,

I did not know about totalcommander, will try with it. Thanks :(

Edited by RATTLE_FISH

Guest ttrevelian
Hi Ttrevelian,

Wow, it is working.

But I wonder what went wrong as both the files (onw with ROM and one provided by you) were same. :(

I'm asking myself the same question.

Guest m_a_iqbal

This rom is excellent. The only thing that is wrong with it is that the the pixels for the main screen (excludes the top menu and the bottom new windows logo menu) needs to be moved up a bit. When I enable the Samsung dialer it brings up the call log when you click on the contacts name ( doesn't do that with the normal samsung dialer) but the dialer has a scrool bar on the right hand side. Because the pixels need moving up. It would also correct the problem of some of the text missing at the bottom when you try trying a sms.

Please correct this. Must be some simple way you can move the pixels up a few.

Guest ttrevelian

I ronald-mcdrive

I just noticed that fchfan 's german 6.5.3 rom has no scroll bar on the dialler and i suspect that the resizing problem is corrected. I tough maybe you two can get in contact and try to fix that on this rom. Because other than that and the autoclosing (in all roms) I have not found any bug in your release.

post-596963-1267021470_thumb.png

Guest RainerRabe2
I just noticed that fchfan 's german 6.5.3 rom has no scroll bar on the dialler and i suspect that the resizing problem is corrected. I tough maybe you two can get in contact and try to fix that on this rom. Because other than that and the autoclosing (in all roms) I have not found any bug in your release.

post-596963-1267021470_thumb.png

yes, but only if you set the width of the vertical scrollbar to 0 in registry, it is also on hi spage on the top. you can do that with the US rom, too.

issue is, you will also miss the scrollbar in other apps, if you do not mind, it is easy: Tips:Go to "\HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\" "cxVScr" value from 15 to 0

but e.g. regedit is pretty unusable without scrollbar..

a "real" 6.5.3 samsung dialer skin is not yet there it seems, but one should be able to use any other skin, theorethically, that still supports video call + is sized for 6.5.3, any ideas?

Guest da_mafkeez

which CSC is the best for this ROM? and where can i download it? i have a dutch device.

thanx for the info, appreciate it :(

Guest ttrevelian
yes, but only if you set the width of the vertical scrollbar to 0 in registry, it is also on hi spage on the top. you can do that with the US rom, too.

issue is, you will also miss the scrollbar in other apps, if you do not mind, it is easy: Tips:Go to "\HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\" "cxVScr" value from 15 to 0

but e.g. regedit is pretty unusable without scrollbar..

a "real" 6.5.3 samsung dialer skin is not yet there it seems, but one should be able to use any other skin, theorethically, that still supports video call + is sized for 6.5.3, any ideas?

thanks for the tip on how to change it. And you are right rather have the scroll bars, I am not using Samsung dialer but i can notice the unused screen part while I am using Garmin mobile and other apps that is the part that would be nice to fix

I'll see what I can find on video call

Guest ttrevelian
which CSC is the best for this ROM? and where can i download it? i have a dutch device.

thanx for the info, appreciate it :(

That is a hard question to answer since it depends on every user to decide, but I can suggest you to use only wm6.5 CSC's. They are name in this format "B7610Nxxxxx#"

You can find them on the collection thread and secany's rom thread. I am using B7610NXEUIL4 and it works perfectly

Guest aries_park
That is a hard question to answer since it depends on every user to decide, but I can suggest you to use only wm6.5 CSC's. They are name in this format "B7610Nxxxxx#"

You can find them on the collection thread and secany's rom thread. I am using B7610NXEUIL4 and it works perfectly

Can u upload ur CSC?

now I am using secany's CSC with 02 branded.

Awesome rom v2 thnx!

Any chance that there will be a v3 ? :mellow:

Not that im complaining because i really have nothing to comment on <_< But i am about to do a hard reset, but i dont want to do it now, if v3 will be released within a couple of days.

thnx again n.n

Thank you for the rom V2!!!

Idea for V3 :

- Update Opera (10 béta 3)

- Update WLM (10.7)

- Update Office 2010

- Port SYS & XIP WM6.5.5

- Removed Streaming Player

- Removed File Manager Samsung

- Removed RSS Reader

- Removed Podcast

- Removed Digital Frame

- Removed Unit Convert

- Insert PimBackup

- Insert SDKCerts

- Insert SDK 2.2

Here's a small idea of my perfect ROM. Although it is yet one that suits me better. Particularly through the writing SMS messages with Outlook. I hope this will help ronald-McDrive.

I also saw that you have created a variant of the ROM in Dutch, is it possible to do the same for French, please?

Thanks!!!

Guest shivatink

can some one tell me how to download this v2 rom its almost 12 files which shud i download

pls reply urgent am running damin poor rom i need to flash imdtly so pls hlpppppppppppppp

Guest shivatink

i hate the rom v1 very low memory orgin rom will be lot better than this so many flaws especially in life mode widets removed and top has some line and reduce the screen size of wallpaper and very much lagging

let me try v2 now and c how the resp is

Guest RATTLE_FISH

Hi Ronald,

The ROM (Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2) is a memory guzzler. Even if I ensure that no applications keep running in the background, the memory keeps getting held up and doesnot get released. The only workaround to this so far is a soft restart every 2 days (in worst case it is 1 day sometimes), depends on the usage.

Is anybody else facing the same issue? If so please contribute. :)

Guest ronald-mcdrive
Hi Ronald,

The ROM (Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2) is a memory guzzler. Even if I ensure that no applications keep running in the background, the memory keeps getting held up and doesnot get released. The only workaround to this so far is a soft restart every 2 days (in worst case it is 1 day sometimes), depends on the usage.

Is anybody else facing the same issue? If so please contribute. ;)

I also have this irritating problem :) but right now i have to less time to create and test a ROM. I hope i can solve the issue in the future, i'm also planning to create a ROM with a lower pagepool. But first i need some free time!

Guest RATTLE_FISH
I also have this irritating problem :) but right now i have to less time to create and test a ROM. I hope i can solve the issue in the future, i'm also planning to create a ROM with a lower pagepool. But first i need some free time!

Dear Ronald,

I will wait for the new release, till then will have to do with this version. I am using SPB backup as a solution, you can schedule a backup (usually around 30 MB) and post backup it reboots the device. So every morning I get the phone happy with free RAM. ;).