Need Google Maps + Navigation please!

Guest RazorICE

Guest RazorICE

Hey guys,

I had done the Google Maps Navigation trick (download Nav Launcher which downloads a modified Google Maps which comes with Navigation), but today, stupidly, I decided to update Google Maps after I got an update notification. So, the update is incompatible with the phone, which means I can no longer download Google Maps from the market, and Nav Launcher stops responding when it tries to download the modified GMaps again.

So, if anyone here has done the Nav Launcher trick and has GMaps working, could you please upload it somewhere for me? The only place I can get GMaps now is in the stock apps, but I want Navigation which was working fine before ;)

Thanks for any help!

Guest designgears

You should just flash the latest leaked rom and install the google maps update, it comes with voice navigation.

Edited by designgears

Guest three_pineapples
You should just flash the latest leaked rom and install the google maps update, it comes with voice navigation.

That only applies to people in the US.

You should be able to revert to the old hacked maps with nav by uninstalling Google Maps completely, and then following the guide here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...AcerLiquidGuide

to put it back on.

You may need to forceably remove using adb shell rm /system/app/Maps.apk though...not sure! Hopefully just uninstalling through market will be enough!

And hopefully someone will hack the new maps with nav to work outside US again ;)

That only applies to people in the US.

You should be able to revert to the old hacked maps with nav by uninstalling Google Maps completely, and then following the guide here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...AcerLiquidGuide

to put it back on.

You may need to forceably remove using adb shell rm /system/app/Maps.apk though...not sure! Hopefully just uninstalling through market will be enough!

And hopefully someone will hack the new maps with nav to work outside US again ;)

Already done: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627582

The "find" command didn't work for me to delete all the maps-files left. I used the following commands:

adb shell rm /system/sd/app/*Maps*

adb shell rm /system/sd/app/*maps*

adb shell rm /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*Maps*

adb shell rm /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*maps*

adb shell rm /data/app/*Maps*

adb shell rm /data/app/*maps*

adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*Maps*

adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*maps*

adb shell rm /system/app/*Maps*

adb shell rm /system/app/*maps*

After this you should be able to install from the market again and to install the hacked version.

Guest RazorICE
Already done: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627582

The "find" command didn't work for me to delete all the maps-files left. I used the following commands:

adb shell rm /system/sd/app/*Maps*

adb shell rm /system/sd/app/*maps*

adb shell rm /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*Maps*

adb shell rm /system/sd/dalvik-cache/*maps*

adb shell rm /data/app/*Maps*

adb shell rm /data/app/*maps*

adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*Maps*

adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*maps*

adb shell rm /system/app/*Maps*

adb shell rm /system/app/*maps*

After this you should be able to install from the market again and to install the hacked version.

Thanks mate, although there were no Maps files in any of the places you listed, removing *Nav* from /data/app allowed me to reinstall Nav and install the hacked Maps (instead of uninstalling Nav through market, then reinstalling and it getting frozen when trying to download Maps).