[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest Ninja4Hire
I found a thread that said all you have to do is copy the shell32.exe file to your desktop, patch it, and overwrite the old file:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1675923

The problem is that Windows 7 won't let me copy system files from my Omnia 2. Any suggestions?

Use resco or total commander to grab the file from the \windows folder and copy it to your \My Storage. Then change the attributes and you should be able to copy it to your Win 7 machine.

Guest steveplatinum
Use resco or total commander to grab the file from the \windows folder and copy it to your \My Storage. Then change the attributes and you should be able to copy it to your Win 7 machine.

Copy it to MYSTORAGE on the mobile device? If i try to open the shell32.exe file it says not a valid win32 application....So copy it to the mobile device and run it there?

BTW - I really liked your ROM Ninja4Hire, I just need the Office.

Edited by steveplatinum

Guest Ninja4Hire
Copy it to MYSTORAGE on the mobile device? If i try to open the shell32.exe file it says not a valid win32 application....So copy it to the mobile device and run it there?

BTW - I really liked your ROM Ninja4Hire, I just need the Office.

I ment copy it to your My Storage, and then from there copy it to your desktop.

It looks like the patch is already a shell32 file, so you will probably just have to do what I said in reverse. Copy the patched file from your desktop to your My Storage and then use total commander or whatever to copy that from your My Storage to your \Windows folder overwriting the original.

Guest steveplatinum
I ment copy it to your My Storage, and then from there copy it to your desktop.

It looks like the patch is already a shell32 file, so you will probably just have to do what I said in reverse. Copy the patched file from your desktop to your My Storage and then use total commander or whatever to copy that from your My Storage to your \Windows folder overwriting the original.

Ya lost me.

I Downloaded Total commander

I have the patch file in C:\Flashing

I don't have a folder on C: called MyStorage, so I assume you're talking about MobileDevice:\MyStorage

So, 2 questions....

Do I copy the file from C:\Flashing to MobileDevice:\MYStorage then copy it back to C:\Windows?

Is it necessary to use Total Commander or can I just use explore device in Active Sync.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ya lost me.

I Downloaded Total commander

I have the patch file in C:\Flashing

I don't have a folder on C: called MyStorage, so I assume you're talking about MobileDevice:\MyStorage

So, 2 questions....

Do I copy the file from C:\Flashing to MobileDevice:\MYStorage then copy it back to C:\Windows?

Is it necessary to use Total Commander or can I just use explore device in Active Sync.

1. copy the file from C:\Flashing to MobileDevice:\MYStorage

2. copy the file from MobileDevice:\MYStorage to MobileDevice:\Windows

Truthfully I don't even know if that will work as shell32 is a system file, but it's worth a shot.

Guest steveplatinum
1. copy the file from C:\Flashing to MobileDevice:\MYStorage

2. copy the file from MobileDevice:\MYStorage to MobileDevice:\Windows

Truthfully I don't even know if that will work as shell32 is a system file, but it's worth a shot.

Ok,

I had to go to tools - folder options - view hidden files and folders (to see the mobiledevice:\Windows folder)

do I want to replace the existing file

shell32 859472 bytes modified on 2/16/10

with

shell32 860672 bytes modified on 4/2/10?

I suspect yes, just want to confirm.....

Edited by steveplatinum

Guest amdzero
Ok,

I had to go to tools - folder options - view hidden files and folders (to see the mobiledevice:\Windows folder)

do I want to replace the existing file

shell32 859472 bytes modified on 2/16/10

with

shell32 860672 bytes modified on 4/2/10?

I suspect yes, just want to confirm.....

When applying the patch before cooking the rom, there is only 8 bytes (if I remember correctly) that change. The size of the file does not change. I have never applied the patch after the rom has been flashed.

Guest steveplatinum
When applying the patch before cooking the rom, there is only 8 bytes (if I remember correctly) that change. The size of the file does not change. I have never applied the patch after the rom has been flashed.

Sounds like this might not be the right file, then. Everyone has the same problem and has til May 1st to figure out what the right file is.

Has anyone else confirmed what the right file to replace is?

Solution?

Guest yardi4life

I'll upload 23547 and 23554 with time bomb patch today! As far as I know the patch has to be applied b 4 cooking the rom.

Guest hannibal81168

Can someone tell me how to get the "my favorite contacts" to work or does it not. I can access it but when i try to add contacts it will take me thru the process but not add them.

Guest andychoi
Can someone tell me how to get the "my favorite contacts" to work or does it not. I can access it but when i try to add contacts it will take me thru the process but not add them.

I have same problem, I guess samsung contacts is not compatible with beta version of windows mobile.

Guest yardi4life

Sorry I have not uploaded rom yet. Im getting the Lite Rom finalized.

I removed clock and Alarm, video editor, smart reader, voice recorder, Communities, Phonebook, Calendar, My Pictures, Call Log. Samsung Dialer (phone map to start menu button, and Ok button mapped Start Menu).

Guest Shemmy
I removed...Samsung Dialer (phone map to start menu button, and Ok button mapped Start Menu).

I wish we could figure out what Sammy did to that phone button. I haven't been able to figure it out at all :P

Guest mdkpnj
Sorry I have not uploaded rom yet. Im getting the Lite Rom finalized.

I removed clock and Alarm, video editor, smart reader, voice recorder, Communities, Phonebook, Calendar, My Pictures, Call Log. Samsung Dialer (phone map to start menu button, and Ok button mapped Start Menu).

Does removing the Samsung Dialer mean the Phone button will not work for the phone, start calls, etc? If so, please leave it in. In my view that's critical. I won't flash a ROM where the phone button does not work.

Thanks,

Guest Snow02
is there a way to patch the timebomb without having to flash? I really don't feel like re-installing everything again lol.

Use SKTools and package everything up. Reinstalling everything takes me about five minutes post-flash.

Guest levytv
Use SKTools and package everything up. Reinstalling everything takes me about five minutes post-flash.

snow could you explain what that means to 'package everything up' with sktools. i have the program and

have never seen that option. thanks.