[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest JeremyGNJ

Wont be able to try the new build for a week or so... But i'm having a big problem with the prior one.

For some reason, most apps wont open hyperlinks at all. It just gives a message about components being missing. Its like there's no association for HTTP links.

Anyone seen this before? How do I fix it?

Guest amdzero
Lite Roms:

23557 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook.

Download here uploaded ... 7:50pm EST

Fully loaded Roms:

23557 - Has Office 2010 beta and updated Outlook.

Download here uploaded ... 7:50pm EST

You gotta be kidding me. I'm almost done with 23554 and now 23557 gets leaked. Figures.

Guest yardi4life
Wont be able to try the new build for a week or so... But i'm having a big problem with the prior one.

For some reason, most apps wont open hyperlinks at all. It just gives a message about components being missing. Its like there's no association for HTTP links.

Anyone seen this before? How do I fix it?

Force you the browser of choice to make itself the default browser. Example in IE under Options -> Tools > Other. Check the box that says "Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default Web browser". Next time you open the browser, it will prompt you to make it the default browser.

Or if you in stall Opera 10. Choose "yes" when it asks you to make it the default browser.

Guest werever

Hi everyone i just flashed 23557 and i been having trouble with active sync .The phone won't stay connected and also after i connect it the apps start failing giving me an error message .

Is anyone else having problems like ? please help me

Thanks

Edited by werever

Guest Omega Ra
Hi everyone i just flashed 23557 and i been having trouble with active sync .The phone won't stay connected and also after i connect it the apps start failing giving me an error message .

Thanks

I flashed to the same one and had no problems except the mentioned data issue. Oddly also periodically my broadband access (#777) loses it's password and I have to re-input it, but other than that I have no issues.

On a different note not related to the ROM. Anyone know of a permanent fix for the disappearing wifi? I got the RStein Wifi profiles and that gets it to work, but I have to do it everytime I soft reset, is there a permanent fix out there??

Guest ryvin1

Thanks

Yeah I'm seeing the same problem with the full version

Guest gom99
Yeah I'm seeing the same problem with the full version

i'm getting the same problem with Ninja's Rom as well. I'm unsure if it's something in the ROM or just issues with MWDC and windows 7 64bit. I was able to since on a vista 32 bit, once, but then it stopped working again.

It's a bit of a bummer, cause I just started with Zune pass, and i'd like to get that stuff on my phone.

Guest surgex

Wifi issue I've had from day one even with the stock rom -- I am pretty sure SKTools is causing it, but every time I think I find a solution, it works for awhile and then breaks again...so I dunno what the hell is going on with that.

Connection with ActiveSync Issue I've had with every custom rom I've tried (Yardi, Ninja, AMDZero) -- it will login to my comp and then after like 10 mins pop up a box and say "error synchronizing contact your system administrator" or something...

And the broad band connection dying I've had that issue with every rom as well, especially when using windows mobile wifi router...

EDIT:

Connection issue seems to be fixed with this rom (yay)...I did upgrade the phone to CK24 though, so who knows..

Have not installed SK tools yet (which is what I believe causes the wifi dissapearing issue) and I do not intend to in the future..not worth it.

OP, can you post the pic for that BG grey \ bubbly \ stone image?

Thanks!

Edited by surgex

Guest Omega Ra
Wifi issue I've had from day one even with the stock rom -- I am pretty sure SKTools is causing it, but every time I think I find a solution, it works for awhile and then breaks again...so I dunno what the hell is going on with that.

Connection with ActiveSync Issue I've had with every custom rom I've tried (Yardi, Ninja, AMDZero) -- it will login to my comp and then after like 10 mins pop up a box and say "error synchronizing contact your system administrator" or something...

And the broad band connection dying I've had that issue with every rom as well, especially when using windows mobile wifi router...

EDIT:

Connection issue seems to be fixed with this rom (yay)...I did upgrade the phone to CK24 though, so who knows..

Have not installed SK tools yet (which is what I believe causes the wifi dissapearing issue) and I do not intend to in the future..not worth it.

OP, can you post the pic for that BG grey \ bubbly \ stone image?

Thanks!

I don't use SK tools so that can't be the issue with the wifi. I believe the wifi disappearing issue has to do with yet another Samsung driver problem.

Guest surgex
I don't use SK tools so that can't be the issue with the wifi. I believe the wifi disappearing issue has to do with yet another Samsung driver problem.

Damn man -- every time I think I have it narrowed down to something....lol.

I've been running Yardis latest since yesterday and it hasn't happened yet...I will update it if happens.

Guest andychoi
Damn man -- every time I think I have it narrowed down to something....lol.

I've been running Yardis latest since yesterday and it hasn't happened yet...I will update it if happens.

I have no problem with Lite Rom 23557

Guest surgex

I have to say, after using this rom, I don't think I can ever go back to 6.5

6.5.3 is just _so_ much better...Come on Samsung, give us an official update!

Do you guys think they will or do you think they have abandoned the o2 except for small fixes only (if that)?

I know it just came out in USA about 5 months ago but...

Guest Omega Ra
I have to say, after using this rom, I don't think I can ever go back to 6.5

6.5.3 is just _so_ much better...Come on Samsung, give us an official update!

Do you guys think they will or do you think they have abandoned the o2 except for small fixes only (if that)?

I know it just came out in USA about 5 months ago but...

yeah I am not holding out any hope of an official update...as it is not up to JUST samsung...there is verizon too...so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guest WinJo69

Possible Stupid Question - How do I enable the 'X' button to actually close\Exit the apps veruses just minimizing them? I tend to use A LOT of different apps and while this ROM is REALLY SWEET and FAST (thank you Yardi!) this is the final peice for me to make it PERFECT! . I already have SPB PC Plus, but it still won't enable the X button to close apps.

Thanks in Avance!!

Guest JeremyGNJ
Possible Stupid Question - How do I enable the 'X' button to actually close\Exit the apps veruses just minimizing them? I tend to use A LOT of different apps and while this ROM is REALLY SWEET and FAST (thank you Yardi!) this is the final peice for me to make it PERFECT! . I already have SPB PC Plus, but it still won't enable the X button to close apps.

Thanks in Avance!!

I often wonder why people want this functionality. For MANY years, Windows Mobile does self memory management...which means if it runs out of ram it will kill lesser used programs.

Constantly closing apps and then reloading them into memory will lead to shorter battery life as it will use a lot more CPU than just leaving them in memory.

Guest yardi4life

So new update was release from Samsung for the i920.

All future rom from me will use this as a base.

So I'm thinking I'm going make it a requirement for you to load this update on your phone before loading a future ROM from me to prevent any problems.

I will upload 23563 Lite and Full after I have ported the update into the ROM. Then I will removed all earlier ROMs to prevent any confusion.

23563 Lite is up for the all the impatient once. (This does not yet contain changes from the DC23 update)

Edited by yardi4life

Guest WinJo69
I often wonder why people want this functionality. For MANY years, Windows Mobile does self memory management...which means if it runs out of ram it will kill lesser used programs.

Constantly closing apps and then reloading them into memory will lead to shorter battery life as it will use a lot more CPU than just leaving them in memory.

I apoligize - I was reading a few more threads on this topic and tested it out. Looks like no matter how many apps I open, when I go into Task Manager or Task Switcher - I ony find 10 apps as the maximum. I assume it is closing them out as the OS finds the need to close them. I also haven't noticed any performance hit with all these apps running.

One more question - Trying to find a GOOD Instant Messenger Service. I am currently using AIM, but it keeps disconnecting me and it always shows me as off line to others and shows them as off line to me - even when I know for sure that both of us are online and visable. (Its the only thing that I miss from Blackberry BBM). I want it to always stay resident, always logged in, and also try to reconnect if the connection is lost.

Thanks again to Yardi for my favorite ROM, and thank you to everyone else for your input and assistance.

Guest WinJo69

So I'm thinking I'm going make it a requirement for you to load this update on your phone before loading a future ROM from me to prevent any problems.

I will upload 23563 Lite and Full after I have ported the update into the ROM. Then I will removed all earlier ROMs to prevent any confusion.

23563 Lite is up for the all the impatient once. (This does not yet contain changes from the DC23 update)

Question on this. According to the Samsung Page Upgrade version will be:

The PDA version should show S:i920.1.0V.DC23.21889

The PHONE version should show S:i920.1.0V.DA19

Currently my phone is:

PDA Version - S:i920.2.0V.CJ10.21863

PHONE Version - S:i920.2.0V.CK24

It makes me think that this is actually Older then my current? - (Not sure?)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can clairify!

Guest surgex
One more question - Trying to find a GOOD Instant Messenger Service. I am currently using AIM, but it keeps disconnecting me and it always shows me as off line to others and shows them as off line to me - even when I know for sure that both of us are online and visable. (Its the only thing that I miss from Blackberry BBM). I want it to always stay resident, always logged in, and also try to reconnect if the connection is lost.

Thanks again to Yardi for my favorite ROM, and thank you to everyone else for your input and assistance.

Palringo is by far the best IM client for windows mobile.

www.palringo.com

Thanks in Avance!!

There *is* an option for this in the Omnia II settings (Settings -> General Settings -> Buttons -> "X" button) -- the setting says "Enable to end running programs by tapping "x" -- but it does not work on this rom...I think it has something to do with the newer version of windows mobile and how they changed the "x" button to be in the lower right hand corner instead of the top right.

Yeah but what if you open an app (say GPS app or an IM application) and don't want to leave it running all night long so when you wake up your phone is dead cause battery drained. I would prefer having the "x" button actually closing programs in this rom, that is *if* there is a way to do it.

Edited by surgex

Guest JeremyGNJ

You rock!! Cant wait.

I actually plan on applying this new update and actually using it for a week to check out all the Samsung apps. When I bought my phone I immediately put one of the Yardi builds on and so I never even looked at some of the Samsung apps.