[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest nvrmind
I agree. The Samsung Dialer/Phonebook is the best WindowsMobiled dialer I've ever had, and I've been using them since the Samsung i700.

The only negative is that Yardi's ROM still leaves the scroll bar...maybe that's why.

I always disable the dialer because the S2U2 caller id gets overridden by it. I've missed a few calls because of it (and answered a few I didn't want to...)

Guest JeremyGNJ
the problem i see with it is the incoming call screen...it is just buttons for answer and ignore so its easy pocket hit one...so by taking out the dialer you can add whatever incoming call app you want with no trouble

I could see that. Doesnt bother me much cause I use a leather holster for it.

though I do also love the "ignore and text" feature.

Guest yardi4life
ahhh...I updated to t he DC23 from the samsung site and then your other 23563...is that bad?

no. but I would recommend just flashing again or just wait for the next rom release.

Guest yardi4life
Hello Yardi

Can I ask you what CAB you used for "remote desktop mobile" in your latest rom?

I want to be able to reinstall it on different roms. However all other cabs I find on the web do not seem to work.

Thanks!

I do not have a cab for this. Remote desktop comes with leak builds.

Guest yardi4life
Why are you trying to take the Dialer out of the ROM? It's a better dialer than I have seen in a while..

Just out of curiosity, why does DC23 need to be flashed before this? Is it the ERI?

The update looks like it updated part of the radio.

Guest kdkinc

Its got to be something simple :huh:

Using 563 full really like it. (till the next flash)

How do I stop rotation I like portrait only . Tried rotation Orientation no luck.

Thank You

:P :blink:

Guest Omega Ra
Its got to be something simple :huh:

Using 563 full really like it. (till the next flash)

How do I stop rotation I like portrait only . Tried rotation Orientation no luck.

Thank You

:P :blink:

just remove the .lnk from the windows startup folder.

Guest Snow02

A couple of observations with the latest 23563 DC23:

1: My 3G appears to be about twice as fast. My download speed was ~70KB/sec rain or shine prior to this update. Currently, my speed fluctuates a bit, but always higher. Up to twice as fast sometimes. Anyone else notice this?

2: 3G -> Wifi internet sharing via wmwifirouter is now broken. It fouls up when trying to set the wifi connection mode. It creates a visible wifi network, however I cannot connect to it. The network it sets up is visible to other devices, as well as the O2 itself in the phone's connection manager. Anyone else experienced this? Anyone else have this working on the same build? Might have to give chainfire a heads up if this is a confirmed issue in case he isn't already aware of it.

Guest mdkpnj

I flashed the 23563 (based on DJ10) and have noticed a few minor issues;

1. I loaded SRS WOW HD from the Cabs for i920 posted by kdkinc. When I hit the settings panel it says 'There is no WOW HD driver loaded' and exits. Any suggestions?

2. I loaded the Titanium CHome panel (with the 1 line summary of texts, email, voicemail, and missed calls. For some reason the email icon is a big red X. I'm not sure how to fix that.

3. Does anyone know if a Titanium System panel that works on this Rom. I have tried 'Titanium_System_Panel_v2.3_VGA-WVGA', and 'Titanium_System_Panel v2.3 i8000'. I know one of these worked on the 23547 ROM.

Otherwise it seems stable and fast. Great job.

Thanks.

Guest Snow02

1. I loaded SRS WOW HD from the Cabs for i920 posted by kdkinc. When I hit the settings panel it says 'There is no WOW HD driver loaded' and exits. Any suggestions?

2. I loaded the Titanium CHome panel (with the 1 line summary of texts, email, voicemail, and missed calls. For some reason the email icon is a big red X. I'm not sure how to fix that.

3. Does anyone know if a Titanium System panel that works on this Rom. I have tried 'Titanium_System_Panel_v2.3_VGA-WVGA', and 'Titanium_System_Panel v2.3 i8000'. I know one of these worked on the 23547 ROM.

Thanks.

Use this version of the notifications panel. No red X issue.

Titanium_Notification___v_P.3.cab.zip

Guest kdkinc

Thanks.

mdkpnj:

Did you also install the Security off cab.???

:huh: :P

Guest yardi4life

Thanks.

I far as I can tell SRS WOW HD is already in these ROMs, but they only work with Touch Player (omnia II media player).

Guest Shemmy

By the way, I did find one issue with the latest "loaded" ROM (or perhaps a software conflict): I installed Spam alert to this ROM, and after a reboot, the phone button had stopped working. Removing Spam alert didn't resolve the issue, either.

Guest muddymack76

Is there any way to remap the hardware send key "hold"? I installed your 23557 rom, which is fantastic btw, but when you press/hold the send key it gives a warning that "voice recognition is not properly signed". I reinstalled the Microsoft Voice Recognition program but am having a helluva time figuring out how to get it mapped to that key, by default the program wants to be mapped to the center button which I prefer to open my start menu with. Thanks

Guest sixstrings

Hey bro excellent job with this ROM!!! The only thing i want to know is if there is a way to remap the send key back to samsung dialer? other than that this rom is perfect. thanks

Guest kdkinc
How do I load a .rar file in Octans? the last rom was a .nb0 file.

open octans setup per instructions>click pda>find the nb0 file>flash.

Guest amdzero
How do I load a .rar file in Octans? the last rom was a .nb0 file.

if it is a rar file, decompress it and use the .nb0 inside to flash.

Guest bunghol101
just remove the .lnk from the windows startup folder.

After I removed it, the camera button stopped working :huh: Did that happen for you too?

Guest Snow02
After I removed it, the camera button stopped working :huh: Did that happen for you too?

Which .lnk did you remove?

Guest kdkinc
After I removed it, the camera button stopped working :blink: Did that happen for you too?

too stop rotation worked excellent I removed the 800 x480 .lnk & 480 x 800 .lnk rotation

as snow02 asked whuch did you remove ???