[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest bunghol101
Which .lnk did you remove?

I removed RotationSupport from windows/startup. I'm guessing that was the wrong one?

Guest kdkinc
I removed RotationSupport from windows/startup. I'm guessing that was the wrong one?

On my phone I have left in my Startup folder

Alarmwatcher

CDMACSP

CHomeManager

PlayAutoUpdate

poutlook

RetrySMSDaemom

WakeUpOnSMS

Autodataconfig (hidden)

:huh: :P

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Omega Ra

that's the right one.. I had no camera issues when removing that..

Guest WolfpackInCO
that's the right one.. I had no camera issues when removing that..

That didn't fix it for me either. Phone still rotates every which way with every app. annoying.

Guest kdkinc
That didn't fix it for me either. Phone still rotates every which way with every app. annoying.

I read some place that Opera can cause a issue if you have it installed ,I DON'T know how true this is but a possible try.

Guest WolfpackInCO
I read some place that Opera can cause a issue if you have it installed ,I DON'T know how true this is but a possible try.

Yup, that's the problem! Phone rotates when it's on, doesn't after I exit. Thanks. Now to figure out how to turn if off!

Guest CxThree

Love the rom. Very stable and fast.

My only real issue is that I can no longer make favorite contacts in the samsung dialer. If this normal? I miss my favorite contacts. It made it wasier to dial while busy.

Guest Mastertwiz
23568 is in first post. No changes that's noticeable. Just newer.

Thanks for the update Yardi! You're always keeping us current and running smoothly.

Out of curiousity, what does your UI look like? You're obviously a master chef and hip to the "ins" and "outs" of Windows Mobile. I'm just really curious what type of tweaks or personalized interface(s), if any, you like to add to your stock/lite Roms.

Thanks!

Guest Omega Ra

anyone ever try a full backup restore using SPB in ROM upgrade mode? I updated to DC23 and the xda_uc is awesome BTW. I am going to try a full backup and see what happens lol. Worst case scenario I have to hard reset...

Guest jbr05ki
anyone ever try a full backup restore using SPB in ROM upgrade mode? I updated to DC23 and the xda_uc is awesome BTW. I am going to try a full backup and see what happens lol. Worst case scenario I have to hard reset...

Speaking of Hard Reset, how do you do it on this phone? I did it one time through the menus but it deletes everything in My Storage too.

Guest Omega Ra
Speaking of Hard Reset, how do you do it on this phone? I did it one time through the menus but it deletes everything in My Storage too.

I just did it through the menu as my My Storage needed a cleaning out anyway. I just backed up what I needed. But supposedly you turn off the phone, hold volume up/lock, and send and end keys...it will turn on and ask about format...but I couldn't get it to work.

Guest amdzero
I just did it through the menu as my My Storage needed a cleaning out anyway. I just backed up what I needed. But supposedly you turn off the phone, hold volume up/lock, and send and end keys...it will turn on and ask about format...but I couldn't get it to work.

I have never been able to perform this maneuver using power on, only after pressing the reset button.

So as fast as I can I use the stylus to press the reset button then get into position...

Volume Up

Send Key

End Key

Lock Key

I press all four of those at the same time RIGHT AFTER THE VIBRATION and then I'm prompted with the "Are you sure you want to format?" screen.

Guest Snow02

Guys, I posted this in the main forum as well, but since there were questions recently, I'll post here as well.

To stop the opera auto-rotation, you can stop the Motion Agent service. Either use SKTools, or another task manager that has this function. There is a free one at the link below. Note, this will stop all autorotation, if you use it. Personally, I mapped the main button to rotate screen in the event I ever want to use landscape. This still works fine.

Sorry for the semi-off topic post yardi.

Link

Guest JohnJayJrV

before I flash does this ROM have the large indicator? Also all the settings are still being managed by the samsung app, right?

jv

Guest jbr05ki
before I flash does this ROM have the large indicator? Also all the settings are still being managed by the samsung app, right?

jv

This ROM doesn't have the Samsung Large Indicator but it does have the 6.5.5 one.

Guest spannville

does anyone know how to change the mappings on the soft buttons on the Home screen. I would like the "contacts" button to be mapped to the Samsung Phonebook. I have a reg editor, but not sure where the key is that needs to be modified. Thanks in advance.

Guest Omega Ra
does anyone know how to change the mappings on the soft buttons on the Home screen. I would like the "contacts" button to be mapped to the Samsung Phonebook. I have a reg editor, but not sure where the key is that needs to be modified. Thanks in advance.

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSContacts>Change the value of 1 to SECContact.exe

Guest spannville
HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSContacts>Change the value of 1 to SECContact.exe

OMEGA RA!!!! Thanks man that was quick! Really appreciate the help, man!

Guest Snow02

Or HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome and change the SK1TEXT to change the button text and SK1IURL to the file path.

Edited by Snow02

Guest jbr05ki

I'm using your newest rom and I'm trying to send an MMS with a sound file. It won't let me pick a file. I can however send "New" items (Picture and Sound files) just not files that are already in the phone.

Guest surgex
A couple of observations with the latest 23563 DC23:

1: My 3G appears to be about twice as fast. My download speed was ~70KB/sec rain or shine prior to this update. Currently, my speed fluctuates a bit, but always higher. Up to twice as fast sometimes. Anyone else notice this?

2: 3G -> Wifi internet sharing via wmwifirouter is now broken. It fouls up when trying to set the wifi connection mode. It creates a visible wifi network, however I cannot connect to it. The network it sets up is visible to other devices, as well as the O2 itself in the phone's connection manager. Anyone else experienced this? Anyone else have this working on the same build? Might have to give chainfire a heads up if this is a confirmed issue in case he isn't already aware of it.

Is there any updates on this issue?

I was going to take some time off today and update my phone...but for once I actually have it running quite stable (have been for the past few months) and I really don't want to go to work on monday and have stuff not working properly, *especially* WMWifiRouter. Please post an update when you get a chance, I would appreciate it!

Are you using the latest WMWR btw? 2.00 was released on April 26 2010.

Edited by surgex