[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

.rar extension doesn't work for me, but renaming back to .7z does. Worred about the camera, though.

Edit:

23534 would not unzip as a .rar (using zip genius) but would renamed as a .7z.

25005 would not unzip as a .7z, but would as a .rar.

Weird.

By the way, since I have not sent my old O2 back yet, I am using it to test these ROMs real quick.

The camera seems fine on 23534.

Edited by Robtao

.rar extension doesn't work for me, but renaming back to .7z does. Worred about the camera, though.

Edit:

Weird.

By the way, since I have not sent my old O2 back yet, I am using it to test these ROMs real quick.

The camera seems fine on 23534.

Use WinRar

Guest yardi4life
Camera options are not visible in all roms. The camera itself works fine but if you go to the camera settings all selections are blank, and most of them you can select but nothing pops up, all of the selection boxes in the menu are just white with no text. I have reflashed, hard reset and soft reset and nothing seems to work.

Flash the latest 23534/28230. I had removed some pngs files cause I was not sure where and/or if they were being used. I put them back in 23534 and 28230.

Guest yardi4life

Edit:

I only tested winar and 7zip when I renamed the files extension (for 23534 and 28230) 'cause those are the one I used and they free (well winrar is not exactly but ...). 25005 is a actual rar file.

I'll try to remember to reboot the server tonight.

Edited by yardi4life

Guest andychoi

I am wondering if there is a rom of windows mobile 6.5.5 for SCH-I920.

It looks nice. See below URL.

http://826x.blogspot.com/2010/02/rom-826x-...uild-23519.html

I also found thid from the God google.

http://elementsofwatashi.blogspot.com/2010...uild-23518.html

Is WM 6.5.5 officially available?

Edited by andychoi

Guest andychoi

I installed this new ROM and I am happy with fast UI and clean screen.

But, I have trouble with language.

I have been used Korean keyboard in WM 6.5(english) without problem.

But, this new ROM show no charaters even though Korean fonts are installed.

I noticed during ROM flash, LANGPACK skipped.

Can you include LANGPACK in the ROM?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by andychoi

Guest haveitnow
I am wondering if there is a rom of windows mobile 6.5.5 for SCH-I920.

It looks nice. See below URL.

http://826x.blogspot.com/2010/02/rom-826x-...uild-23519.html

I also found thid from the God google.

http://elementsofwatashi.blogspot.com/2010...uild-23518.html

Is WM 6.5.5 officially available?

aside from the HTC apps looks just like 6.5.3

Guest andychoi
I installed this new ROM and I am happy with fast UI and clean screen.

But, I have trouble with language.

I have been used Korean keyboard in WM 6.5(english) without problem.

But, this new ROM show no charaters even though Korean fonts are installed.

I noticed during ROM flash, LANGPACK skipped.

Can you include LANGPACK in the ROM?

Thank you in advance.

I solved the problem.

I installed font, fingerkeyboard and used SimFon(http://www.pdahack.com/project/simfon/) to change system default font.

Now, I can see english & Korean and type both language.

It is great!

Guest andychoi

I am enjoying this custom rom, I like it.

But I found problem related Opera Browser. When I open MSN weather and click other menu, I got error saysing "can't open OperaL".

I searched registry and found many default setting with "Opera".

I will appreciate if you can fix this.

Thank you in advance.

I know these questions have probably been answered, but i am getting confused from all the reading.

I am thinking if flashing this ROM, but;

1. Do you have to flash the Samsung update before flashing a cooked rom?

2. Does the phone button work correctly on this rom?

3. If you have yo flash back to the standard rom to take the phone to VZW, if that bricks it will VZW replace it under warrunty since it is not their update?

Thank you.

I know these questions have probably been answered, but i am getting confused from all the reading.

I am thinking if flashing this ROM, but;

1. Do you have to flash the Samsung update before flashing a cooked rom?

2. Does the phone button work correctly on this rom?

3. If you have yo flash back to the standard rom to take the phone to VZW, if that bricks it will VZW replace it under warrunty since it is not their update?

Thank you.

1. No, you do not have to flash the update

2. My phone button is working without issues

3. If you are able to flash your phone, then it is not bricked. As for will VZW replace it when it doesn't have their ROM on it: if it is truely bricked then I have not heard of anyone being denied the replacement. Again, if you can still flash then it isn't bricked.

Hope that helps. :(

Guest maverick2127

This is a noob question. Do I need a .csc file, since it is not present in rom 28230, to use OCTANS mini. If I don't have one will it erase the current one? Or if I only select the .nb0 file will it still install only the PDA part and leave all other parts.

Guest Omega Ra
Flash the latest 23534/28230. I had removed some pngs files cause I was not sure where and/or if they were being used. I put them back in 23534 and 28230.

I flashed the 28230 in the first post and still have the camera issues where there are no settings pngs...

Guest das7771
I flashed the 28230 in the first post and still have the camera issues where there are no settings pngs...

I too am still having the camera settings issues as well. both 28230 and 25005 are doing the same thing as far as the camera is concerned. Look forward to this being fixed as I like using WM6.5.3. I guess I will try 23534 and see if that works.

Edited by das7771

Guest Omega Ra
I too am still having the camera settings issues as well. both 28230 and 25005 are doing the same thing as far as the camera is concerned. Look forward to this being fixed as I like using WM6.5.3. I guess I will try 23534 and see if that works.

it does, I switched to that one and it works

Guest Omega Ra
No, don't need reg settings. If they're supposed to show as clips then all is well. I just hadn't noticed that before.

I'm enabling the Scalendar panel, but it insists that the date is the 7th and won't show upcoming appointments for today or the 7th. But when opened, it opens to the correct day. Do you know what may have been edited that it's trying to use to pull this info? Probably something to do with its guid? No big deal if not, I'll track it down eventually...maybe. Perhaps it will correct when the day rolls over here shortly. This is my last issue before i flash to my final and am done. Thanks again for the stellar ROM.

Yeah. Calendar definitely stuck on 2-7, 2-8 date. Weird. If you have a fix I'd be much oblidged. Any way to get a stock ROM registry dump, or can give me some quick instructions on how to make one without flashing?

Edit: Nevermind. To make the Cappointments panel open the Samsung calender change this:

Change this HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/MSCALENDAR

You need to replace: :MSPOUTLOOK calendar with: "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next

P.S. With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next it takes you to the current day.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /all it takes you to your next appointment.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /new it takes you to the appointment creation screen

From the XDA Chome Editor thread.

I did this, but either the theme screws it up or my calendar isn't working because I just get a black screen...

edit: nevermind...didn't put the /next switch

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest Omega Ra

hey yardi...where is the setting to make is so the phone doesn't lock when the screen times out??

again...nevermind lol found it

Edited by Omega Ra

I did this, but either the theme screws it up or my calendar isn't working because I just get a black screen...

edit: nevermind...didn't put the /next switch

For the record, the /next is the only one that works. The rest cause the calendar to hang trying to open. So it will always open to your next appointment, but it's a small price to pay for such an improved interface.

Guest Omega Ra

the only thing odd for me now is touchplayer has no default album pics and such. Now if only I could have my Smusic panel back to use touchplayer instead of the WMP...

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest andychoi
This is a noob question. Do I need a .csc file, since it is not present in rom 28230, to use OCTANS mini. If I don't have one will it erase the current one? Or if I only select the .nb0 file will it still install only the PDA part and leave all other parts.

I just select "PDA" and refresh ROM. It works!

the only thing odd for me now is touchplayer has no default album pics and such. Now if only I could have my Smusic panel back to use touchplayer instead of the WMP...

Man, scrolling through songs on that panel is so laborious anyways. I never used it. A lot of people dis on it, but Kinoma is hands down the best winmo music app out there. Yes it costs, but they have that trial pay option where you can fill out a deal and get it. I purchased snow02.com on godaddy for 10 bucks. Got Kinoma. I'll never do anything with the domain, but whatever. Kinoma does nice big album art, as long as your songs are tagged appropriately does a great job organizing them (windows media player on the pc has gotten better about filling in this information when you click "update album info"), and has side-to-side gesture support for song skipping. The only thing you have to watch out for is to install the advanced settings app from the app setting in the program and disable all the file associations. I've tried nitrogen, s2p, mort player (which is my second choice, btw), and the built-in players. None of them hold a candle to kinoma. Plus there's built-in internet radio access. Really a great program.

Guest jezze boi

question: is anyone here happily flashing their omnia 2 with Windows 7 Ultimate as their OS?

if so, what is the name of the .nfo file you used when updating the Samsung MIT drivers?

TIA

Edited by jezze boi