[ROMS][DC23] WM6.5 Yardi4life- 23568, 23563 [May 6]

Guest yardi4life

Guest steveplatinum

I installed this ROM and I REALLY like it!! Thanks for doing this!

I have my internet settings set to Cricket.

I wanted to see if you know why the password "cricket" (under manage existing connections and http [email protected]) keeps defaulting back to a 16 digit set of characters?

Every time I change the password to "cricket" it automatically changes back to 16 stars and makes me unable to access the internet???

Also, I cant find an option to edit my mms profile? Any ideas?

Thanks again!!

Guest kdkinc
I installed this ROM and I REALLY like it!! Thanks for doing this!

I have my internet settings set to Cricket.

I wanted to see if you know why the password "cricket" (under manage existing connections and http [email protected]) keeps defaulting back to a 16 digit set of characters?

Every time I change the password to "cricket" it automatically changes back to 16 stars and makes me unable to access the internet???

Also, I cant find an option to edit my mms profile? Any ideas?

Thanks again!!

I remembered this issue from the i910 thread last summer. I went back and did a search and came up with some topics but none really answered your questions.

I didn't see any "I fixed it" results either.

I'm probably wrong but I think cricket locks things up. maybe a registry issue But you would think a flash would fix that.

Are you on the Cricket network now?? or VZW???

Wish I had somthing solid to add good luck :)

;) :P

Guest steveplatinum
I remembered this issue from the i910 thread last summer. I went back and did a search and came up with some topics but none really answered your questions.

I didn't see any "I fixed it" results either.

I'm probably wrong but I think cricket locks things up. maybe a registry issue But you would think a flash would fix that.

Are you on the Cricket network now?? or VZW???

Wish I had somthing solid to add good luck :)

Yeah< I'm on the cricket network with the 920. If I set the user name and password, then hit finish, when I re-open the settings the password has been replaced with 16 stars. Should I flash a different rom and see if the same thing happens?

I just paid to have a tech flash my phone to Cricket, If I flash a new ROM, will I have to flash the phone to cicket again?

Guest kdkinc
Yeah< I'm on the cricket network with the 920. If I set the user name and password, then hit finish, when I re-open the settings the password has been replaced with 16 stars. Should I flash a different rom and see if the same thing happens?

I just paid to have a tech flash my phone to Cricket, If I flash a new ROM, will I have to flash the phone to cicket again?

Found this on the i900 thread using search,,,, MAY HELP :)

http://thecricketmafia.com/samsung-omnia-basic-flash/

Guest jpenman

I'm looking to flash to the 23547 ROM and was wondering a few things before I do...

1. I read that the camera was missing some images or what not and wondering if it was fixed in this release, also does the images rotate when you view them through the camera app because the last ROM i flashed to the images didn't rotate.

2. Wifi issue?

3. Does it come with the OpenGL or would I have to put it in myself.

4. Is swype in this still?

Thats all i have for now...but so far this ROM seems to be a favorite so i definitely want to give it a try.

Edited by jpenman

Guest Bryan W.

I just made my first flash of a phone and it happened to be with this rom.

I have to say it is AWSOME! Should have shipped from factory this way.

-Bryan

Guest andychoi

I flashed with new ROM after using 28230 for a while to test out office mobile 2010.

It looks better than older version, but have problem in outlook email. I can't see contents of email.

I am returning back to 28230 ROM.

Guest andychoi

Dear ROM creator.

Could you release new version with office mobile 2007 instead of office 2010 beta?

28230 has problem in camera; no font.

Thanks,

Andy

Guest Snow02

Just got around to loading 23547. You're right, it's noticeably quicker. I was using 23534 and the phone now feels like it's overclocked in comparison. Thanks again for the releases.

Guest Snow02

Andy, try a different theme man. Some theme's result in white/white or black/black text display. Tacchan's whiteblack theme displays all emails and texts 100% of the time. Give it a go. Man, I hate this meme and I don't ever use it, but...threaded email FTW?

Guest veja74

Just flashed the latest update and all I can say is WOW! Over the last couple of days I have tried out the 3 main ROMs that are in this forum and I am probably going to stick with this one and just install MS3 on my own. Only question so far is how to activate Microsoft Voice Command? Looks like Nuance is gone and holding down the phone button gives an error for an invalid link. I tried to assign one of the other buttons since I can see that Voice Command is installed but it does not come up as one of the programs you can assign a button to. Any suggestions?

Guest andychoi
Andy, try a different theme man. Some theme's result in white/white or black/black text display. Tacchan's whiteblack theme displays all emails and texts 100% of the time. Give it a go. Man, I hate this meme and I don't ever use it, but...threaded email FTW?

Wow, that works. I didn't notice that. Thank you!!!

Guest veja74
Just flashed the latest update and all I can say is WOW! Over the last couple of days I have tried out the 3 main ROMs that are in this forum and I am probably going to stick with this one and just install MS3 on my own. Only question so far is how to activate Microsoft Voice Command? Looks like Nuance is gone and holding down the phone button gives an error for an invalid link. I tried to assign one of the other buttons since I can see that Voice Command is installed but it does not come up as one of the programs you can assign a button to. Any suggestions?

OK, just answered my own post. To get voice command to work you have to first install another file viewer that lets you change properties, I use Resco Explorer. First go into My Device\Windows and find the voicecmd.exe file, you will have to unhide all files first. Change the properties of voicecmd.exe from "read only" then rename it to voicerecognition.exe. Now when you hold down the phone button you will get voice command back!

Guest jezze boi
Yardi, my 23547 build just gave me a notice that my copy expires on 5/1/10. Any idea what that's all about?

Same here

It wasn't patched?

Guest kdkinc

WORKED ON i910 Omnia 1

FROM ROB STORM'S POST # 374

I know. I did patch shell32.exe to remove the timebomb but left the registry entries in just in case a user wanted to have their own custom message on the screen. All you need to do is edit or delete the following keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"Today"="Beta"

"Expiry"="Expires: %02d/%02d/%04d"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\DeviceBeta]

"About"="- BETA"

I remembered reading this fix when Storm first posted rom #23511.

Thank You for asking the question it forced me to skim the whole thread to find this for you, There is some good stuff I picked up by rereading the thread :P :(

Hope it helps

:( B)

Found this bit of info on WES 58 thread maybe a new time bomb issue than stated above??

QUOTE(Ryrzy @ Apr 1 2010, 06:25) *

i always make that same change... sometimes is patched yet smile.gif but more times i must patch it by my self...

I had a look at two versions 23549 and 23551 (they both have "Beta" in registry) and the bits that you are talking about are in 23549 but they are not in 23551 (neither not patched or patched bits).

Edit:

I made a mistake I was looking for the wrong bits in 23551. It has patched bits.

in the code those bits look like this: MOV R3, 0x7DA where 0x7DA is in decimal 2010. So we are changing this to 0xCCA which is 3274?

So it seems that it can be done, although it is different than what xda-developers patch is doing. I wish I could get shell32.exe from the rom that xda-develpers are talking about and see what their patch is doing.

If there are different bit patterns for the 'time bomb' patch let me know what they are and what rom version they are in.

Anyway I can make a patch for the bit pattern posted by Ryrzy - hopefully tomorrow.

This post has been edited by wes58: Today, 03:35

Edited by kdkinc

Guest amdzero
I was hoping this was just a bit of humor on the part of Yardi for April Fools day!!! :P

This is an easy fix. You can use the same timebomb patch from previous COM3 roms.

Guest andychoi

I am getting message saying "This copy of Windows Mobile expires within 30 days on 05/01/2010".

What I have to do with this? Go back to original ROM?

Guest andychoi
I am getting message saying "This copy of Windows Mobile expires within 30 days on 05/01/2010".

What I have to do with this? Go back to original ROM?

I found this from google.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=524607

BUILD 23554 -"time bomb" patched

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmlgmjenqlz/GM2_WM65 23554 WWE P552+P552W ABM 02.rar

Last edited by ABM30; Today at 11:42 AM.. Reason: UPDATE FILES