Help! Wifi wont work after rooting!

Guest Jonnay5

Guest Jonnay5

Hi guys,

Think I may have damaged the phone during an attempt to root it....

OK here goes. Ran through the guides online, first step to unlock the bootloader. Managed to do that successfully and could get the boot screen etc etc and it now shows the little unlock logo at boot. I then logged in my google account as my phone had been wiped as expected. Now the wifi was working at this point as I connected and resynched my phone with my account....

The next part was to install Super Boot. This was meant to be the easy bit! I extracted the superboot folder to the desktop and ran the .bat file after resetting the phone and putting the phone in bootloader mode. For some reason though it wouldn't run properly. It kept saying something like 'sending boot 20XXkb' but it wouldn't advance and would just hand on this. After 5mins or so i closed the cmd window down and tried again.... no joy..... Anyway tried rebooted my phone but now the wifi simply will not even activate.....

In the wifi settings the box is unchecked and simply says "unable to start wi fi" and wont check.

I can still boot into the bootloader however...

I haven't made any backup of anything.. I've tried a hard reset also with no joy. Any ideas what I can try?

PS There are a couple things that its probably best to point out just in case one of them is responsible as from the forums the batch file should just run automatically and root the phone by that point....

1. I'm using W7 x64. Could that be an issue?

2. earlier today before this happened i was asked by google to install an official update which I did.... Could this be responsible for my Superboot not working and the subsequent problems?

Is there any way I can flash my phone to fix this?

Appreciate thoughts on this as I'm very worried!

Cheers,

Mike

I had the same problem after rooting my N1 too. It said "unable to start Wifi" or sth similar when I tried to connect =.=

What I did was flash the stock rom and it fixed the problem

Cheers!

Guest leemafox

Had the same issue . Superboot ran fine , but then Wi-Fi wouldn't work , going to revert to the stock ROM now since got no solution out of it and no one seems to have ran into this issue before

Edit : Jumped back to stock rom and works fine

Edited by leemafox

If you apply the stock THEN one of the ERE27 superboots you'll be fine! Don't use the old superboots (i'll update the posts shortly).

P

So then we can get the superboot with himem & working wifi without putting the stock back?

If so can't wait for that one! ;)

• 2 weeks later...